|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|Equip this onto an unconscious player, and they'll be restrained when they wake up!|
cheat giveitemnum 452 1 0 0
cheat GFI WeaponHandcuffs 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_WeaponHandcuffs.PrimalItem_WeaponHandcuffs'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 28|
|Engram Points||16 EP|
|Crafted in|| Smithy |
Thorny Dragon Saddle
|Required Stations||Refining Forge|
|Cost||150 × Charges|
Handcuffs are an item used to restrain other players.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Put them in an unconscious player's 'hands' slot to apply.
Additionally, if a cuffed player is near enough to a bench they can be locked to said bench and are unable to do any actions other than look around. This can be done to offline and online players which makes the transport of prisoners via raft possible.
While cuffed the player cannot
- open their inventory or use items
- damage other players or creatures
The player can still
- use consumables that were in the player's hotbar before they got handcuffed
- open doors
- whistle to dinos to control them.
- run/walk around.
- attack without dealing damage to hasten death by starvation
- do anything else not listed on the "cannot do" list
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Some users can keep imprisoned players alive for longer by removing everything from their inventory and then weighing the player down with stone or non-hazardous materials. By doing this, the player cannot run or walk and so cannot drain Stamina to lose more hunger/thirst. However, if the prisoner is determined enough, they can simply wait out for starvation or dehydration. This process can be sped up by "punching" to drain stamina.
- If a player is force fed food and drink on regular intervals during unconscious periods, they can be kept alive for longer periods of time. It is also advisable to keep players unconscious through means of force fed narcotics when they are online, as this gives you more control over their hunger and thirst needs.
- [Pending for Test] Handcuffs have, on rare occasions, been removed from players after server restarts. This may be due to a possible "rollback" of several minutes upon restart, when the server might not register the handcuffs having been put on a player.