Heavy Auto Turret
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Epic Games.|
|Heavy Auto Turret|
|Requires electricity to run. Provides increased firepower, but consumes FOUR bullets while firing. Can be configured to automatically attack hostiles within range.|
|Ammo used||Advanced Rifle Bullet|
cheat GFI HeavyTurret 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_HeavyTurret.PrimalItemStructure_HeavyTurret'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 100|
|Engram Points||100 EP|
|Crafting XP||280 XP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Resources breakdown [ ]
1 × Auto Turret
200 × Electronics
The Heavy Auto Turret is a fully automatic turret and is 4 times stronger than Auto Turret which can automatically target and fire on enemy dinos, players, both, or all (which includes wild dinos) within its range, as well as RPGs and Grenade. The fact that the turret does not need any guidance makes it an invaluable resource to defend against raiding, whilst your tribe is offline. This turret uses Advanced Rifle Ammo. The Heavy Auto Turret requires electricity to run.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Turrets can be customized to attack players, tamed creatures, and/or wild creatures. Turrets can also be set to a custom range. Turrets can also shoot above and below — assuming they have a line of sight of the target — making them a good defense against flyers. Heavy Auto Turrets can also shoot Grenades and Rocket Propelled Grenades out of the sky, useful against raiders.
Settings[edit | edit source]
Range[edit | edit source]
The Heavy Auto Turret has multiple range settings, which correspond to the following distances:
- Low: 6 Foundations
- Medium: 14 Foundations
- High: 20 Foundations
Targeting[edit | edit source]
There are five targeting settings. (All of these settings ignore survivors and tamed creatures belonging to your tribe and alliances.)
- All Targets: Attacks players, tamed creatures, wild creatures and grenades/RPG's.
- Survivors & Mounted Creatures: Attacks players and creatures mounted by a player and grenades/RPG's.
- Players or Tamed Creatures Only: Attacks players, tamed creatures and grenades/RPG's.
- Only Survivors: Attacks only players and grenades/RPG's.
- Only Wild: Attacks wild creatures and grenades/RPG's.
Alarm[edit | edit source]
The alarm setting will give intruding players time to leave the area before they are shot at. Alarms take some time to reset, so if the intruding player hides within the turret's range, they will be shot at immediately without another alarm.
- 4 Second Warning
- 2 Second Warning
- No Warning (default)
Note: The warning doesn't delay the projectiles shot.
Damage Multipliers[edit | edit source]
- As of patch 231.4, turrets do 2.2x damage vs. all dinos.
There is no longer any separate multiplier for flying dinos.
Painting and Color Regions[edit | edit source]
The Heavy Auto Turret is not currently paint-able, however this object may be re-mapped to include paint regions in a future update.
Placement Restrictions[edit | edit source]
As of 242.0, the Heavy Auto Turret can no longer be built on Quetzal, Brontosaurus, Mosasaurus, Plesiosaur, or Paracer platform saddles. Any existing turrets on such platforms will no longer fire. This is a server option of "OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true". Otherwise they're now only allowed on Rafts and non-moving Bases.
There is also a limit of 100 turrets that can be placed within a 10000 UE-unit (~33.3 foundations) radius. This applies to the combined total of all Auto Turrets, Heavy Auto Turrets, Tek Turrets, and Plant Species X. This number can be raised in server settings. This check is done on a turret by turret basis, so different numbers will show up depending on how far away turrets are from each other. Once a limit is exceeded, the affected turrets won't fire until the number goes back down.
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of Xbox version 783.12, the "Override Structure Platform Prevention" setting does not allow Heavy Auto Turret placement on Titanosaur Platforms on Xbox (tested Feb 23, 2019).
- The Heavy Auto Turret cannot be damaged by the Tek Rifle or Rex Tek Saddle blasts.
- The Heavy Auto Turret cannot be damaged by catapult boulders, but it CAN be damaged by ballista bolts launched from a ballista. The cannon deals more damage, though.
- Despite being made and having the appearance of metal, the Auto Turret is treated as a stone structure.
- The Heavy Auto Turret is treated as a stone structure and can only be damaged by:
- Metal Weapons (5%)
- Tek Sword (~218%)
- Explosives (150%)
- Ballista Turret (40%)
- Cannon (~137%)
- Therizinosaur (Headbutt only, ~2%)
- Dunkleosteus (15%)
- Corrupted Creatures
- Alpha Creatures (10%)
- Enraged Creatures
- DodoRex (300%)
- Dodo Wyvern (300%)
- Bosses (10%)
- Titanosaur (~462%)
- Defense Unit (~462%)
- These can damage stone, but can not damage auto turrets: