Unassembled TEK Hover Skiff (Genesis: Part 1)
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Epic Games.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Genesis: Part 1|
|Unassembled TEK Hover Skiff|
|Craft this item to assemble a new TEK Hover Skiff.|
cheat GFI HoverSkiff 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/CoreBlueprints/Items/PrimalItem_Spawner_HoverSkiff.PrimalItem_Spawner_HoverSkiff'" 1 0 0
cheat unlockengram "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/CoreBlueprints/Items/PrimalItem_Spawner_HoverSkiff.PrimalItem_Spawner_HoverSkiff'"
|Crafting XP||4 XP|
|Crafted in||Tek Replicator|
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Resources breakdown [ ]
168 × Element
62 × Oil
268 × Electronics
Overview[edit | edit source]
Unassembled TEK Hover Skiff can cover great lengths of terrain through its hover and flying mode; utilizing element to propel around the map with a flat surface for carrying small to medium creatures similar to the Quetzal. The TEK Hover skiff also has a tractor beam attack that can carry even larger creatures. When crafted in a Tek Replicator, the Hover Skiff will spawn near it. It has 16000 weight and can't be leveled up.
Corrupted Master Controller must be defeated on Gamma Difficulty to obtain its Tekgram.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Taming Assistance: The tractor beam can easily disable its target creature to allow safe transport it back to your base's taming pen or so you can knock it out with the creature stuck midair.
Farming[edit | edit source]
It can be used for farming metal. Because you can pick up an Ankylosaurus for example with the tractor beam and have somebody on the Ankylosaurus and the person on the Hover Skiff can fly around while the person on the Ankylosaurus hits metal rocks.
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In a no-flyer server, this along with Astrocetus are the only entity that can fly.
- It can pick up more creatures than the Quetzal, It can pick up other creatures such as Rex, Spino, Yutyrannus and even Bronto making it the best taming assist.
- The Hover Skiff also makes for a fantastic farming tool. You can carry around a Ankylosaurus or Magmasaur ridden by a tribe mate and collect metal. Only the carry weight of the Hover Skiff matters; the carried creature can still collect resources even when overburdened. Because the Hover Skiff has 16000 weight, you can easily reach slot cap on a single metal run.
- If your weight is at 1000 or beyond, it will not hover in the air while you dismount, instead it will automatically land.
- It can pick up just about every creature including flying ones.
- The Skiff can not be server transferred in its assembled form.
- Currently, the Skiff should not be taken into caves, as it is considered a flyer and the player will get dismounted when the enter. However, because the Skiff requires a pilot, it will be stuck inside the cave as you cannot remount it inside. The only way to get it back out is to find a way to get up to it, select the "try to land" option" and then using the "nudge" function until it's back outside, which may take a while.\
- Skiffs require Element to run, but can also accept Element Shards, Element Dust, and even Element Ore as alternative fuel.
- While travelling in a Hover Skiff, the vehicle constantly maintains its altitude despite the change in terrain by automatically adjusting its altitude to the terrain. In short, it maintains the distance between it and the ground and sudden changes in its altitude can help the vehicle gain momentum while in hover mode.
- The Skiff Counts as 1 tame towards Dino tame Limit
- However, if you add a single item, like a foundation the tame count increases by 19 more for a total of 20. (adding additional items after the first one does NOT increase beyond 20. It is only the first one that increases tame count. (Skiff =1, Skiff with items = 20)
Changelog[edit | edit source]
|309.4||Improved hover skiff movement and operation on steep terrain|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]