Jungle Dungeon (Ragnarok)
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Ragnarok|
18.7° Lat, 27.8° Lon
The Jungle Dungeon is a dungeon/cave in the Ruinious Jungle infested with cave dwelling creatures.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Artifact of the Hunter can be found here.
The Lava Elemental is the final boss of this dungeon.
There are two entrances:
- 18.2, 28.4: Pond Entrance (not water accessible, top of waterfall)
- 18.7, 27.8: Land Entrance(The entrance is covered by vines and can be hard to see
The entrance to the Lava Elemental Arena is located in this dungeon.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Tranquilizing traps at the land entrance
- Extreme heights which can lead to the permanent loss of equipment
- Massive swarms of cave creatures
- Running out of Grappling Hooks
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Grappling Hook
- Lesser Antidote (Just in case an Onyc manages to transmit Mega Rabies)
- Flak Armor
- High-quality guns and explosives (required if there's intention to fight the golem.)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Watch where you step! The first part of this cave has pressure plates that shoot darts to tranquilize you.
- The second half of the cave has an entrance that can only fit small creatures and crouching humans. This can be cheated if you manage to get a cryopod in the map, and can take out a high-level Dino that can help you with your journey through the cave.
- Enemies scale to higher levels the deeper you go into the cave. Conserve your better equipment as you progress deeper into the cave.
- Lava is an instant kill of 5000 absolute damage per second, and several jumps risk falling into it.
- Grappling Hooks are essential to succeed in this cave. There are various pits that send you to lava and some areas are inaccessible without them. They can also help you re-position in the fight against the Lava Elemental and reach areas that it will struggle to hit you.
- The artifact can be obtained without needing to fight the Lava Elemental. This is useful for those looking to enter the Ragnarok Arena but without wanting to fight the golem. The use of Grappling Hooks makes obtaining the artifact fairly easy and prevents the need for tricky jumps.
- Yellow and red loot crates exist deep within the second part of the cave while green, blue, and yellow loot crates are in the first part.
- Running this cave to the Lava Elemental while keeping your equipment will require several runs and mastery of the paths. It's ill-advised to attempt to kill the golem on your first run into this cave.
- Bug Repellant will make you invisible to most Creatures of the Cave, for example Onyc
- It is quite easy to bypass every enemy if you equip yourself with Ghillie Armor and couple it with with some Cactus Broth and Bug Repellant
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Unique to this map, and this cave, are the wrapped bodies of various creatures in spider web. Most notably, the web filled with human cocoons. However, a webbed Mammoth, Pteranadon, and 2 Rexes can be found in the first part of the cave.