|This page is outdated. Please help if you can.|
The talk page may contain more information.
Reason: "PC Update v252.0 introduced an entirely new cave design.
Most of the information on this page is no longer valid including, but not limited to walk-throughs, tips, notes, and recommendations, compatible tamed creatures, possible dangers, loot, and coordinates."
67.1° Lat, 86.0° Lon
This cave has dangerous lava-pits and is very hot.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Very Hot (Some green crystals can cool you down)
- Dangerous jumps, not even a parachute will save you from lava
- Mega Rabies (Bring antidotes or make sure you have enough HP to survive)
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Chitin Armor, Ghillie Suit or better
- Cooked Meats
- Calien Soup
- Medical Brews
- Lesser Antidote
- Stimberry or Stimulants
- Crossbow and Grappling Hooks
- Bring lots of extra water
Tips[edit | edit source]
- At one point in the cave, there is an "S" shaped bridge leading further. It is difficult to cross and is not recommended, however it is possible with most animals (including Sabers and Carnos).
- Green crystals in the cave can help cool you down since the entire cave will overheat you
- Stay to the right whenever it splits and avoid jumping rocks as much as possible.
- Try to avoid the lava when you can.
- It is extremely recommended to bring Grappling Hooks into this cave due to the Artifact being located on a small section of land that has several jumps over lava leading to it. If you do not wish to risk any jumps and one's aim isn't the best with a Crossbow a minimum of 4 Grappling Hooks can safely get you to the Artifact and back to where no jumps are required. Additional hooks can allow you to escape a dreadful fall into lava or a bad shot that puts you in extreme danger.
- A Megalosaurus can rarely spawn at the Artifact's location. However it can easily be shot with an arrow from afar and it will send itself into the lava. Pulmonoscorpius can also spawn at the Artifact location and can be dealt with in the same manner. Alternatively you can grapple to a location over them and use a Crossbow with arrows to deal with them at no risk.
- Another strategy is to just run past everything.
- Long range is extremely helpful when running the South East Cave if you aren't rushing it with grappling hooks. Using a Fabricated Sniper Rifle or a Longneck Rifle with a Scope Attachment to scout out rooms and pick off Onycs from very long range is the easiest way to clear areas and make your way through the cave safely, especially if you are running the cave solo or with a smaller group.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
Creatures that do not have the ability to jump will not be able to get to many areas of the cave.
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a corner full of Metal and Obsidian Nodes
- Lava will not kill you instantly, but will do massive damage quite quickly. It is possible to save yourself if you manage to find a rock to jump on
- On Mobile however, lava kills anything instantly, making escape impossible
- Be careful when using the orbit camera to look around.
- The lower levels of both paths have poor collision with player death drops.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Original interior of the cave prior to 252.0 redesign