|A congealed glob of Leech Blood. Can be used for medicinal purposes when carefully prepared.|
cheat GFI LeechBlood 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_LeechBlood.PrimalItemResource_LeechBlood'" 1 0 0
|Used to craft||1 item|
|Purchase Yields||20 Pieces|
|Cost||50 × Slips|
Leech Blood is an ingredient of Lesser Antidote.
Gathering[edit | edit source]
|Creature / Tool||Gain per action|
- Use a crossbow (or other ranged weapon if necessary) while on the raft deck to kill the leeches without risking them attaching to you then harvest the leech blood using a Metal Hatchet.
- If a Titanoboa gets near, hide in the room and use a melee weapon to kill it when it clips inside the room.
- Have a campfire going inside the raft room in order to burn off any leeches that latch on during harvest or to cook up prime meat from the Titanoboa.
- If you don't build the boat out of stone, beware of Sarcos since they can do decent damage to wooden structures.
Another option is to ride a Rex into the swamps and kill all the leeches. Once finished, harvest them using the Rex or a Hatchet. Using a Dino will prevent leeches from becoming attached to the player. This method will work with any carnivore but to be safe from Kaprosuchus' grab ability make sure your Dino is immune to it, usually by being too big to carry. A Rex or Spino is recommended for this reason.
On Abberation, Leech Blood can be collected from lampreys found in the blue zone.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Items crafted with Leech Blood or Horns (Deathworm or Woolly Rhino):
Fishing Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Bait||Catchable Fish||Max Fish Size|
|Leech Blood||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||1.88|
|Giant Bee Honey||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||2.4|
|Ancient Amber||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||∞|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It can be consumed but there has been no recorded effects or symptoms of disease after.
- It can be stored in a Preserving Bin, but that doesn't extend its spoil time.
- It can't be stored in a Refrigerator, although patch notes 242.3 state it can, and there have been no contrary patch notes since.