admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Liopleurodon/Liopleurodon_Character_BP.Liopleurodon_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Liopleurodon (Escort)
admincheat summon Liopleurodon_Character_BP_Escort_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Escort/Ocean/Liopleurodon_Character_BP_Escort.Liopleurodon_Character_BP_Escort'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Liopleurodon (Hunt)
admincheat summon Liopleurodon_Character_BP_Hunt_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Hunt/Ocean/Liopleurodon_Character_BP_Hunt.Liopleurodon_Character_BP_Hunt'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Liopleurodon (Retrieve)
admincheat summon Liopleurodon_Character_BP_Retrieve_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Retrieve/Ocean/Liopleurodon_Character_BP_Retrieve.Liopleurodon_Character_BP_Retrieve'" 500 0 0 35
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Liopleurodon magicus is a mid-sized ocean creature, typically between 20 and 25 feet long. I've yet to directly encounter one myself, but from the tales other tribes have shared, it compares to no other on the Island.
The rumors indicate that this beautiful creature has magical properties; however, the sightings are so rare it's hard to decipher old tribe's tales from the underlying truth.
They say that Liopleurodon is an elusive creature that can harness its magical powers to retreat from predators or aggressors of any kind, but the Beekeeping tribes claim that their honey is so sweet, not even the Liopleurodon could resist!
Liopleurodon is rumored to bring good fortune to those adventurous enough to tame it. With the Liopleurodon by their side, tribes have apparently managed to obtain treasure beyond their wildest dreams. Supposedly, even after you've gained its favor, it remains incredibly aloof and will eventually use its abilities to escape even the strictest of captivity.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
As it says in the dossier "it mostly hides within the reefs, waiting to ambush prey that swims by." The Liopleurodon swims around until attacked by a player or creature, at which point it will spin around and vanish, never to be seen again.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Liopleurodon appears as a crocodile-like reptile, with two sets of fins and a short tail. It is a pliosaur, a short-necked, large-headed type of Plesiosaur, making it closely related to the deep water Plesiosaurs. It also possesses a single long barbel on its chin to detect the presence of prey swimming past its ambush lair.
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
This section displays the Liopleurodon's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Liopleurodon. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Liopleurodon will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Liopleurodon's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Liopleurodon's "face, sides, and flipper highlights" magenta.
Face, Sides, and Flipper Highlights
Region 1 is not used
Region 2 is not used
Region 3 is not used
Spots and Flipper Edges
Drops[edit | edit source]
- Guaranteed Special Loot
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
|Movement||Base Speed||Sprinting Speed||Stamina|
|Lunge||Stamina Cost||Attack Range||Description|
|Attack Type||Damage||Projectile Values||Torpor Values||Status Effect: Stamina||Status Effect: Torpidity|
|Life||Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
|Spin||Stamina Cost||Attack Range||Description|
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
Taming[edit | edit source]
The Liopleurodon is a passive tame. It only eats Giant Bee Honey. It is a temporary tame, it will stay tamed for 30 minutes. At the end of the 30 minutes, the Liopleurodon disappears.
On The Center the Liopleurodon has been found in the deepest parts of the trench.
|Level 5||Feeding Interval||Time|
|Giant Bee Honey||4||24:00||1:12:01|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Liopleurodon.
General[edit | edit source]
The Liopleurodon is a passive creature and will not attack you, but will attack you when mounted.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As this creature is known for its rarity, it is more than likely the player will only fight a Liopleurodon if startled by a sudden attack when mounted, if not attempting a tame.
As this creature can essentially vanish into thin air (or water in this case), no clear strategy can be recommended.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
You can use anything but as soon as it receives damage the Liopleurodon will teleport away.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
The Liopleurodon itself doesn't impose any danger if you are not riding a creature; if riding on a creature the Liopleurodon seems to be hostile if you get close but overall its threat level isn't much since it will teleport away when you fight back. However the surrounding water could be inhabited by predators.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Low speed and turning radius. It is not meant for battle.
Utility[edit | edit source]
- Loot Booster: The Liopleurodon gives a "Mystic Skin Oil" buff that increases the rarity and value of any lootbox you open (Deep Sea Loot Crates and Supply Crates). Crates will briefly sparkle when you approach them to signify their contents have been changed. When you move far away from the Liopleurodon, the buff will persist for five minutes, allowing you to reroll land crates as well. The Liopleurodon will remain tamed for 30 minutes before it disappears.
- Testing shows that the items will still come from the crate's usual chart.
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Liopleurodon, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- The Liopleurodon was originally planned to have much different abilities than the luck boost, they were originally going to have a type of skin oil that could be used to reduce the players oxygen use, and quite possibly carry smaller creatures in its mouth
- The Liopleurodon is currently the least tamed creature in the game. Players have been unhappy with its rarity combined with the fact it is only a temporary tame. Its random luck boosting nature combined with its consumable use makes it comparable to a free to play mechanic in a MMO. If planning to tame one, it is pointless to get attached to them. That said, its hard to deny the call of better loot for any player wishing to find it!
- The Dossier was revealed on 17. July 2015 \
- The name and elements of the Dossier, such as 'The species on the island almost seem to be magical', Liopleurodon' will show you the way' and 'those who don't believe in the Liopleurodons qualities are shunned' are most likely references to the popular viral video 'Charlie the Unicorn', which features a magical Liopleurodon that guides the way.
- Liopleurodon means "smooth sided tooth".
- Currently, Liopleurodon does not give you an oxygen buff, contrary to the dossier.
- Like Basilosaurus, Liopleurodon is immune to being stunned by Cnidaria, Electrophorus or being caught by Tusoteuthis' tentacles.
- Can only spawn at level 5 on official servers.
- Real Liopleurodons are carnivores. Ark's Liopleurodon most likely eats meat to survive in the wild. However Ark's Liopleurodon has somehow also developed a taste for Giant Bee Honey.
- In ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile, a Liopleurodon's lifespan can be extended through Tame Chronicling.
- In order to make fossil discoveries more interesting, the original specimens of Liopleurodon were exaggerated to be nearly 80-100 feet long which is over twice their actual size. This is close to the game's Tusoteuthis and Mosasaurus size. However the version in ARK is more accurately scaled, even though it's still larger than real life counterpart.