|This simple single-shot rifle is highly accurate, but has a long reload time.|
|Ammo used|| Simple Rifle Ammo ( )|
Tranquilizer Dart ( )
Shocking Tranquilizer Dart ( )
Pheromone Dart ( )
|280 (Simple Rifle Ammo)|
26 (Tranquilizer Dart)
26 (Shocking Tranquilizer Dart)
26 (Pheromone Dart)
|Rate of fire||0.2 RPS|
|Reload time||4.3 seconds|
|DPS||56 (Simple Rifle Ammo)|
5.2 (Tranquilizer Dart)
5.2 (Shocking Tranquilizer Dart)
5.2 (Pheromone Dart)
|Durability per use||1|
cheat giveitemnum 132 1 0 0
cheat GFI OneShotRifle 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_WeaponOneShotRifle.PrimalItem_WeaponOneShotRifle'" 1 0 0
|Found in Beacon||Yellow|
|Required level||Level 35|
|Engram Points||18 EP|
|Crafted in|| Smithy |
Thorny Dragon Saddle
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Longneck Rifle is a hunting-style rifle that can be unlocked at level 35. At 196 damage (to creatures), the Longneck Rifle has the highest damage per shot of any gun in the game, however it also has a few drawbacks:
- The Longneck Rifle sways when using a Scope Attachment. You can reduce this slightly by crouching and significantly by going prone. The sway cannot be eliminated entirely. A Longneck without a scope does not have any sway.
- The Longneck Rifle can only fire 1 round per reload, and has a very long reload time.
- You can't use attachments like Scope Attachment when using Tranquilizer Dart.
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While the Longneck Rifle has a base damage of 280, all creatures aside from Humans take only 70% damage from guns. This means that the Rifle only does 196 damage to creatures.
- The Longneck Rifle cannot be used under water so you cannot use it for knocking out the Plesiosaurus or Mosasaurus.
- The Longneck Rifle appears to be based on the Winchester High Wall Rifle, which was designed to fire large caliber rifle cartridges at big game animals in the later 1800s. The High Wall Rifle utilized a breech loaded (single shot), falling block action, just like in its game counterpart. Falling block action means you must use the trigger guard to lower a door in the receiver to load and unload cartridges. The Longneck Rifle is missing the rear ladder type sight that was commonly used among sporting breech loading rifles, and instead uses an open styled sights.
Gallery[edit | edit source]