Lower South Cave
|This page is outdated. Please help if you can.|
The talk page may contain more information.
Reason: "PC Update v252.0 introduced an entirely new cave design.
Most of the information on this page is no longer valid including, but not limited to walk-throughs, tips, notes, and recommendations, compatible tamed creatures, possible dangers, loot, and coordinates."
83.5° Lat, 56.0° Lon
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Very Cold (especially if your armor is broken!)
- Getting Lost (it is easy to turn around and forget which way you came in) - to find the way out, try to remember to keep going uphill.
- Ambushes from cave creatures lurking in crevices and dropping from holes in the ceiling - watch your back!
- Arthropluera, Pulmonoscorpius, Titanoboa, and Araneo can all inflict Torpor damage.
- Araneo spit webs that apply a slowing effect, allowing cave creatures to mob the player.
- Arthropluera are a serious hazard to armor and melee weapons - engage with caution!
- Bypass sleeping Megalosaurus with care! If you lose track of time, the beasts might wake up between you and the cave entrance.
- Sarcos are found in the waters, be sure to take them out before going for crates or the Sarco eggs
- Drowning (if one is not careful with Encumbrance while mining at the bottom of the underground lakes).
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Chitin Armor, Fur Armor or better
- SCUBA Armor for underwater loot crates
- Bug Repellant
- 30 × Cooked Meat or Cooked Prime Meat
- Medical Brew
- 20 × Stimulant or 100 × Stimberries
- Bow, Crossbow, Shotgun, or Pump-Action Shotgun
- 60 × Stone Arrow or 60 × Simple Shotgun Ammo
- 2 × Water Jar or 2 × Waterskin or Canteen
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using Bug Repellant will make it easier for you in the cave.
- You can quickly get the artifact out if you can climb the cliff between the first branch point and the artifact chamber (Using a Grappling Hook with a crossbow).
- You can get lots of Metal and Crystal in the cave (and even some Obsidian), but you need to make sure that you're not encumbered by weight and can defend yourself from the creatures that reside there.
- There are several crystal nodes and a few that can be encountered before you reach points where creatures spawn
- There are two loot spawns, with eight possible locations. Six of the potential locations are on the right side path towards the Explorer Notes; two are on the left where the Artifact room is. Don't forget to check the lakes: three of the potential drop locations are underwater!
- There is a cul-de-sac at the bottom of a spiraling ramp near the entrance to the cave where creatures can be led and trapped and shot at from above. This area is very safe for taming, being far away from the areas where creatures begin to spawn, yet deep enough into the cave that a battle with surface predators or enemy tribe members at the entrance to the cave likely won't disturb a tame.
- Since one can farm a lot of Chitin and Hide (not to mention Experience) from the creatures in the cave, it's a good idea to wear Chitin Armor while farming. If Arthroplueras break your armor, all you need is fiber and a nearby Smithy or Castoroides to repair it!
- At night, a Megalosaurus is the safest choice for a mount inside the cave. Not only is it too big to be grabbed by other active Megalosaurs, it also lifts the rider above the level of an Arthropluera's spit attack. Just don't forget to leave before morning!
- Allosaurus is the largest creature that can enter the Lower South Cave, which means you can ride an Allosaurus into the cave and cave creatures will ignore you if you don’t attack them.
- Take Caution, as Megalania will deal Mega Rabies, leaving most players below 300HP to die a slow and annoying death. Bring healing items!
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Dung Beetle
Resources[edit | edit source]
Loot Drops (Items & Blueprints)[edit | edit source]
in the section Generic Caves, Green - Level 10
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Considered one of the easiest caves, very good for farming experience. The green area where the tunnel forks in a "T" leading down to the areas with the Explorer Notes and the area with the Artifact of the Hunter marks the start of where creatures begin to spawn, but beware: they may chase players to areas closer towards the entrance!
- You can tame Scorpions and Arthroplueras inside, although they won't be able to leave the cave due to the 'invisible wall'. Although if you ride an Arthropluera and fall through the map, you can glitch it out. As of 2/17/17 you can get the Scorpions out, but you have to destroy the crystals that block the way to the entrance. With patience, Megalosaurus can be lured out of the cave itself and grabbed by a Quetzal. As of 5/30/2017, an Arthropluera can be tamed inside and led out by a player on foot.
- As of version 242.x, there is still a bug just inside the entrance to the cave at approximately 82.3 52.9 that will teleport you to the surface or fall through the world. Try to attempt one or more of the following as a workaround:
- Run and jump through the teleportation point.
- Crawl (prone) through the teleportation point.
- Walk along the left wall (without touching the wall).
- Remove any items from your hands (or hotbar).
- There are two dossier notes in this location; one for Kaprosuchus and one for Leeches.
- Apparently, Allosaurus is the largest creature that can fit this cave.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
old Cavelayout prior to 254.0