|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Genesis|
|This article is about content that is announced but not yet released.|
To see the features that are released soon, see the Patch Notes.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Combat
- 3 Taming
- 4 Utility
- 5 Spotlight
- 6 Notes/Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Magmasaur is a fire-based Creature that gains strength and charges up attacks through heat. It has an affinity for lava, to the point of even swimming in it, and dislikes water. The Magmasaur has a heat-resistant Saddle that protects the survivor from heat, fire, and lava.
The Magmasaur will consume anything which helps to build up some of its attacks and can act as a Refining Forge to smelt Metal and refine other resources. Cold temperatures and contact with water will weaken the Magmasaur, causing it to become much slower.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
The Magmasaur's information is currently unknown, because it is unreleased and not yet in the game.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpidity increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Magmasaur.
General[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Dangers[edit | edit source]
The Magmasaur can fire meteor-like projectiles from a long distance, and their short ranged explosion attack can be deadly for survivors and Creatures who stray too close.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
The Magmasaur is weak when exposed to cold temperatures, more so when in water (including rain).
Taming[edit | edit source]
For general information about domesticating a wild creature see Taming.
Taming Food[edit | edit source]
Preferred Food[edit | edit source]
KO Strategy[edit | edit source]
Utility[edit | edit source]
Roles[edit | edit source]
Collectibles[edit | edit source]
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Magmasaur is the second Creature to be prominently and directly affected by its environmental surroundings as a direct Status Effect, as opposed to an indirect Status Effect like Radiation; specifically high and low temperatures will be instrumental in its affect to the Magmasaur, even rain will affect the Magmasaur.
- Technically Spinosaurus is the first with it becoming stronger when in water and it being weaker while not in water.
- The Chibi-Pet for the Magmasaur, the Chibi-Cherufe, suggests that "Cherufe" will be the internal coding name used.
- The term Cherufe actual refers to a demonic-like, man-eating humanoid creature from mythology of the Mapuche people of Chile. Made of lava, magma, and burning hot rock, the Cherufe is said to live in in volcanic areas on the surface and beneath the earth, as well as be a source of meteorites, volcanic eruptions, and earthquakes. To calm the creature and temporarily stall its hunger for destruction, human sacrifices (particularly young virgin women) were required to be brought and thrown into volcanoes or volcanic pools.
- The ability for the Magmasaur to contain and swim in lava is extraordinary, as not even the most heat-tolerant organisms known to exist, hyperthermophile Bacteria and Archaea, some of which can survive temperatures over 100 degrees Celsius, could even come close to surviving in lava; lava can range anywhere in temperature from natrocarbonatite lava made by the Oldoinyo Lengai volcano in Tanzania which can be as cold as 500 degrees Celsius, to the ridiculous 1,300 degrees Celsius lava found from satellite measurements on the moon Io that orbits Jupiter. All known organisms, which are carbon-based in their biochemistry, can not survive these extreme temperatures that the Magmasaur can, as the heat would destroy their basic macromolecules like DNA and proteins, being lethal. The only way that the Magmasaur could even exist is if it's not a carbon-based life form and therefore be completely alien to all known life.
- In HLN-A Note 7, there exist an image of what appears to be a baby Magmasaur head alongside with the adult. However, it is unknown if it still can be bred despite this.
- HLN-A mentions in one of her notes that the Magmasaur was originally engineered to live on Scorched Earth, before being scrapped and reimplemented for the Genesis simulation.