Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Genesis: Part 1|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/GiantTurtle/GiantTurtle_Character_BP.GiantTurtle_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Megachelon (Escort)
admincheat summon GiantTurtle_Character_BP_Escort_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Escort/Ocean/GiantTurtle_Character_BP_Escort.GiantTurtle_Character_BP_Escort'" 500 0 0 35
3 Must be in deep water.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Combat
- 3 Taming
- 4 Utility
- 5 Limitations
- 6 Spotlight
- 7 Notes/Trivia
- 8 Changelog
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Megachelon is a tameable creature with a shell that can be built on, Also growing rare resources on its shell. When submerged, air bubbles will be generated around the shell.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Megachelon is a giant, six legged turtle that has a human like face, which can be found swimming slowly through the ocean biome of the Genesis simulation
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
This section displays the Megachelon's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Megachelon. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Megachelon will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Megachelon's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Megachelon's "dark scales" magenta.
Region 2 is not used
Region 3 is not used
Region 5 is not used
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
|Movement||Base Speed||Sprinting Speed||Stamina|
|Bite||Stamina Cost||Attack Range||Description|
|Attack Type||Damage||Projectile Values||Torpor Values||Status Effect: Stamina||Status Effect: Torpidity|
|Life||Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Megachelon.
General[edit | edit source]
- The Megachelon is very slow and you should be able to outswim it.
- Structures can be placed on its back without having a saddle. Use caution when removing/equiping saddle for it will destroy structures currently on its back.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Lure the Megachelon above water and shoot at it with an Assault Rifle or a high power Rocket Launcher.
- When fighting underwater use a Crossbow or an underwater tame.
- Try to stay on it's shell and stab it with a Spear or Pike. The Megachelon can't hit you when on it's shell and it will provide you with oxygen
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
- Any weapon that can fire underwater or a high Dps weapon.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- None except the high damage per hit. However, due to its high health pool, other dangers such as Electrophorus, Manta and Megalodon are to be expected from as it will take a long while to kill it. Keep in mind that while slow and vulnerable, a Megachelon that manages to land hit on players will make short work of them. Be sure to not expose yourself to its powerful jaws.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
- The Megachelon is extremely slow. Meaning a player can keep their distance while attacking easily.
- Its turning radius is also atrocious, making it very easy to get killed by something like Sarco once you get behind it, because of this, even Wild Electrophorus can easily outflank it, and slowly draining its health.
Taming[edit | edit source]
|“||You've tamed yourself an island, I reckon.||„|
For general information about domesticating a wild creature see Taming.
Passive Tame[edit | edit source]
The Megachelon must be tamed passively with a unique mechanic; locate a Parakeet Fish School (also called Microbe Swarm when they target you) which can commonly be found in the deeper depths and let it target you. Slowly bring the school to the Megachelon and they should start to follow it, initiating the taming process. Megalodons commonly attack the Megachelon so make sure you kill any of them in the vicinity. If they attack the Megachelon the taming progress drops down. Also, Sabertooth Salmon and Coelacanth will constantly spawn and attack the Parakeet Fish School and eventually kill it; you may need someone else actively killing these that spawn or acquiring more Parakeet Fish Schools to continue the taming. In general, taming a Megachelon is at least a 2-person job in most circumstances though higher taming rates on a server can make it doable with just one.
Utility[edit | edit source]
The Megachelon is tamed for its utility purposes. First and foremost, it can support a base on its back to ferry survivors safely and provide them with constant oxygen while they are around it. The Megachelon itself can shoot a stream of bubbles that captures creatures and survivors in a bubble and make them float upwards to the surface; this is useful if Megalodons or other hostiles are in your way and you want them to be moved. While the Megachelon doesn't appear to have any special reductions on weight for resources, its high weight capacity allows it to ferry materials with ease. While it has a very powerful bite, the Megachelon is very slow and has a wide turning radius which makes it a poor battle creature against anything partially mobile. It's advised to have some guardian creatures to fend off the dangers of the ocean though a high-level Megachelon can take a lot of punishment.
Megachelons also passively produce rare mushrooms and rare flowers with no limitation.
Roles[edit | edit source]
Mobile Base: The Megachelon offers the ability to create a base on its back in addition to Oxygen vents allowing you to breathe underwater. Along with also being able to clamber onto land, these combined attributes make the Megachelon an amazing and versatile base.
Mobile Green House: The Megachelon offers the ability to irrigate any number of crop plots placed on it's back.
Tank: The Megachelon has an extremely large Health pool and resistance to projectiles on its shell, allowing it to tank bullets from Turrets if positioned properly against them. Structures can also be built on the back of the Megachelon to protect the rider, so turrets aimed against players can be made ineffective in that purpose.
Limitations[edit | edit source]
All structures except for Tek Transmitters, Pipes, Auto Turret, Crop Plots with Plant Species X, Behemoth Gateway, Vault, and Industrial Forge can be built on its back including feeding troughs, storage chests and beds. However, the saddle has a limit of 188 structures on its back. Every little thing counts from foundations to electrical keypads (including structures that are built alongside the saddle like ladders).
Weight inside the inventory of storage structures on the saddle is not ignored by the Megachelon. Take advantage of animals that have weight reduction capabilities to greatly enhance your overall carry capacity.
The saddle cannot be removed from the Megachelon if structures are still on the platform. To remove the saddle all structures must be destroyed first.
The saddle cannot be dyed if structures are still on the platform. To dye the saddle, all structures must be destroyed first.
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Megachelon is the first aquatic creature that can house an underwater, waterproof base.
- Megachelon is often followed by a flock of small birds which it doesn't control, but the birds make for a nice aesthetic. With a closer look, it can be seen that they slightly resemble the Featherlight.
- The amount of vegetation that grows on the Megachelon's shell is seemingly tied to the amount of Rare Flowers, Rare Mushrooms, Amarberry Seeds, and Azulberry Seeds it has produced in its inventory.
- When submerging (pressing C on PC version) any players standing on the back of the Megachelon are moved to a passenger seat.
- Like all Genesis: Part 1 exclusive creatures, the Megachelon does not have a proper Dossier made by Helena, as Helena was not present as a normal survivor in the simulation.
- Megachelon can only be bred or hatched at extreme depths. Seafloor on The Island is not deep enough. Even large amounts of Air Conditioning or Dimetrodons will not bypass the depth requirement for eggs, as it will still say that it is too hot. Can be bred/hatched in particularly deep parts of the Genesis ocean. Yet some particularly deep parts of Ragnarok are deep enough to breed and raise the megachelon. Tested on or The Center, great depths works there as well. Can’t be bred on Valguero. Babies can be Cryopoded and moved to shallow water or land after hatching.
- Its base Weight capacity beats the Basilisk and can level further than a Gasbags, making it the best permanent tamed creature to carry a lot of stuff.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
|306.41 Genesis: Part 1 Expansion Release||Megachelon is added to the game|
|309.4||Reduced the cloning cost for a Megachelon using the Cloning Chamber|
|310.41||Reduced the Megachelon's bubble-blowing attack when above the ground, such as in an elevated state off the ground|