admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/Additions_Pack/Deinosuchus/Dino/Deinosuchus_Character_BP.Deinosuchus_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/Additions_Pack/Deinosuchus/Dino/Deinosuchus_Character_BP_Aberrant.Deinosuchus_Character_BP_Aberrant'" 500 0 0 35
|This article is about content exclusive to the mod ARK Additions.|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
I thought Sarcosuchus Excubitor was the largest crocodilian in the Island's Swamps, that is until I encountered Deinosuchus Sanguineus. Massive and bulky, Deinosuchus is quite slow, but should not be underestimated when pursuing possible prey. I've heard some survivors speak of a resemblance to "Foot-Biters," but have yet to encounter such a creature.
Deinosuchus appears to be a bit more aggressive than Sarcosuchus. While not as fast, they definitely pose a greater threat due to their violent, gashing bites. Even the ferocious Rex seems to crumble to fiercer individuals, so make sure you're prepared if you wish to battle one of these aquatic reptiles!
Deinosuchus excels in most of Sarcosuchus' perks, with the exception of speed. Both in water and on land, Deinosuchus Sanguineus is one of the most powerful battle mounts found on the Island, and can trivialize threats both land and sea.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Deinosuchus generally tends to swim around swamps, rivers, and oceans, hunting for prey.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Deinosuchus is a large crocodilian with a resemblance to the Sarco. However, the Deinosuchus is bulkier and its jaws are more broad.
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
This section displays the Deinosuchus's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Deinosuchus. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Deinosuchus will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Deinosuchus's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Deinosuchus's "underbelly" magenta.
Region 1 is not used
Region 2 is not used
Back and Jaw Stripes
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
|Melee Damage||50 / 70||+2.5 / +3.5||+1.7%||11.2%||22%|
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Deinosuchus.
General[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Deinosuchus are more vulnerable on land than in water, so luring one to shore will allow for it to be defeated more easily.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Dangers[edit | edit source]
Although Deinosuchus may seem cumbersome on land, it excels in speed once it enters the water. This speed allows a Deinosuchus to make quick work of smaller creatures. It's Chomp attack can do upwards of 500 damage and inflict a bleed effect that lasts for 10 seconds.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Since Deinosuchus are much slower on land, a ranged weapon can be useful to take one down.
Taming[edit | edit source]
Preferred Food[edit | edit source]
- Superior Kibble
- Raw Mutton
- Cooked Lamb Chop
- Raw Prime Meat
- Cooked Prime Meat
- Raw Prime Fish Meat
- Cooked Prime Fish Meat
- Raw Meat
- Cooked Meat
- Raw Fish Meat
- Cooked Fish Meat
Taming Method[edit | edit source]
Passive Tame: When it is basking with its mouth open, run up and put food in its mouth, Superior Kibble prefered. Ghillie suit makes this much easier but you still must avoid getting too close.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Controls[edit | edit source]
- - This key triggers a simple bite, which can be aimed for quick turns.
- - This key triggers a stronger, slower bite which inflicts the Gashed debuff.
- C - This key triggers a tail swipe which causes knockback.
Roles[edit | edit source]
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Deinosuchus, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- Deinosuchus sanguineus roughly translates to "bloodthirsty terrible crocodile."
- Prior to the TLC update, when looking closely at the lower jaw of a Deinosuchus, one would have been be able to spot several black dots. These dots are known as dermal pressure receptors.
- The location of these receptors might indicate the relation of Deinosuchus to alligators (who also have these receptors on the lower jaw), as opposed to crocodiles (who have these receptors all over their bodies).
- The post-TLC model gives has a skull that likely indicates the closer relation of Deinosuchus to alligators than crocodiles. The first detail that does so is its more U-shaped snout, as opposed to the crocodile's V-shaped snout. The second such detail is that when its mouth is closed, there are almost no lower teeth visible (although alligators do not have ANY lower teeth visible like this), instead of the crocodile's interlocking teeth.
Gallery[edit | edit source]