|This article is about content that is part of the Mod Better MEKs! and is only available if this Mod is installed on a server or on Single Player.|
|This article is a work-in-progress.|
The content and format of this page may change drastically over the next few hours or days.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Enhanced Mek is considered a direct upgrade to the vanilla Mek. With level ups, mechanic reworks, and increased resistances, not to mention the animation overhauls, one can quickly discover just how ‘enhanced’ this new Mek really is.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Enhanced Mek appears to be a humanoid creature, but fully mechanical. It has a thin spike on the back of its feet.
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
This uses the exact same paint reigons as the vanilla Mek
This section displays the Better MEKs!/Enhanced Mek's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Better MEKs!/Enhanced Mek. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Better MEKs!/Enhanced Mek will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
Server admins can use this region information in the Console Command
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID>.
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Better MEKs!/Enhanced Mek's "accents" magenta.
Region 1 is not used
Region 4 is not used
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpidity increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
6The TamedBaseHealthMultiplier (TBHM) is applied right after taming, before the additive bonus is applied).
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Enhanced Mek.
General[edit | edit source]
While Enhanced Meks are only found as survivor's deployment and never in the wild, they do not pose any form of threat so long as they are not piloted.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
One of the best ways to fight a Enhanced Mek is with another Enhanced Mek, but proceed with caution and use a Scout to see how powerful the opposing Enhanced Mek is. Remember that the Enhanced Mek is better then the normal Mek in almost every way.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
One could employ a Mek, thought it is highly recommended to use an Enhanced Mek of your own. Alternatively, one could use various explosives and creatures to deal against them in PvP.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
The Enhanced Mek does regenerate health, but at a very slow rate, leaving it vulnerable if not protected. Just like the normal Mek, the Enhanced Mek with an empty fuel tank will lose health at a very slow rate.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
While normal Meks require Element as fuel to do most of their actions, Enhanced Meks use up their fuel at a slower rate compared to their vanilla brethren. However, since it still uses up Element, it can become more vulnerable if it happens to run out.
Taming[edit | edit source]
Enhanced Meks can be immediately "tamed" by deploying an Unassembled Enhanced Mek nearby.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Unlike normal Meks which have the heat meter, the Enhanced Mek only has to worry about fuel.
- Fuel allows for the Enhanced Mek to carry out many of its abilities. As these abilities are performed, the fuel gauge on the HUD will go down, and will eventually fall to 0%. When the Enhanced Mek's fuel reserves are empty, it will not be able to carry out most of its abilities until it is refueled. Like all things in the Tek tier, Enhanced Meks run on Element for fuel.
While Enhanced Meks are indeed strong, they can become even stronger then high quality tames such as the mighty Giganotosaurus due to the fact that they can level up.
An Enhanced Mek's role can change based on the type of module it is attached.
- E.M.D.S.M. - Support Controller: Allows the Enhanced Mek to deploy a forcefield that constantly saps its energy. (This is the only module that provides armor)
- E.M.R.L.M. - Anti-Swarm Controller: Allows the Enhanced Mek to fire a barrage of rockets at swarms of hostiles. Requires Lightweight Rocket Pod as ammunition.
- E.M.S.C.M. - Target Killer: Allows the Enhanced Mek to fire a single cannon shot at a target. Requires Lightweight Cannon Shell as ammunition.
Roles[edit | edit source]
- Titan Killer
- Enhanced MEKs are capable of dishing out 9x damage with it's sword and 3x damage with it's pistol to tamed Titans.
Collectibles[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Enhanced Meks can be quickly healed using a Scout by simply flying the Scout up until the Scout touches the Enhanced Mek. This is much quicker than allowing it to heal over time, which is very slow.
- The Enhanced Meks color regions can be changed by both Console Commands and the Paintbrush
Gallery[edit | edit source]