|This article is a stub. You can help ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Movement Speed is a measure of how fast you can move. Higher movement speed allows you to get from point A to point B quicker, and use less stamina in the process. Your Weight will also affect your movement speed. If you are carrying too much weight, it will slow you down and even stop you completely.
Increasing[edit | edit source]
Putting a point into movement speed will increase your speed by 1.5%. This increases your basic movement speed, as well as your sprinting speed. Points spent in Movement Speed also improve your swimming speed by 1.2%. This benefit is cumulative with any swimming speed bonuses from your Oxygen stat.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- To calculate the absolute speed of a creature, look up its base speed, and multiply that by its Movement Speed factor.
- Many attack effects, such as a Spider's web attack, can slow you down.
- Eating Focal Chili will temporarily increase your movement speed.
- After Patch 256, flying mounts are unable to have their movement speed increased.
- After Patch 259, you gain 1.5% Movement Speed instead of 2% per skill point.