|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Aberration, Genesis: Part 1|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Epic Games.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/ChupaCabra/ChupaCabra_Character_BP.ChupaCabra_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Nameless (Minion)
admincheat summon ChupaCabra_Character_BP_Minion_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/ChupaCabra/ChupaCabra_Character_BP_Minion.ChupaCabra_Character_BP_Minion'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Nameless (The Surface)
admincheat summon ChupaCabra_Character_BP_Surface_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/ChupaCabra/ChupaCabra_Character_BP_Surface.ChupaCabra_Character_BP_Surface'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Nameless (Escort)
admincheat summon ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Escort_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Escort/Lunar/ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Escort.ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Escort'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Nameless (Gauntlet)
admincheat summon ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Gauntlet_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Gauntlet/Lunar/ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Gauntlet.ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Gauntlet'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Nameless (Gauntlet) (Alpha)
admincheat summon ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Alpha_Gauntlet_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Gauntlet/Lunar/ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Alpha_Gauntlet.ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Alpha_Gauntlet'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Nameless (Hunt)
admincheat summon ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Hunt_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Hunt/Lunar/ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Hunt.ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Hunt'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Nameless (Retrieve)
admincheat summon ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Retrieve_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Retrieve/Lunar/ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Retrieve.ChupaCabra_Character_BP_InitialBuryOnly_Retrieve'" 500 0 0 35
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
The origins of the Nameless remain a mystery, but wherever they came from, these vicious creatures are nothing to scoff at, as they are rarely found alone. Common Nameless act in a subservient role to their pack's alpha, and will quickly heed its call to battle.
Though savage in nature, the Nameless are deceptively intelligent. When hurt, they burrow underground to recover and protect themselves from further damage. Fortunately, they are highly susceptible to damage and burns from charge based light sources, and exploiting this weakness can save a survivor's life.
All attempts to pacify a Nameless have failed. Each one has an extremely powerful bond with its pack leader, and for survivors, it might as well be unbreakable.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Aggressive by nature, Nameless are always seeking out prey, mainly survivors. In the absence of Charge Light for any length of time, they will emerge from anywhere within bio luminescence (blue) and element (red) region, and will start attacking without warning, giving chase until the said survivor either finds charged light for prolonged duration, or is very far from them/ at a point where they will lose interest (they will not stop at most of the time).
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Resembles that of a hairless goblin/Chupacabra with a disfigured/hunched posture.
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
This section displays the Nameless's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Nameless. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Nameless will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Nameless's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Nameless's "body secondary" magenta.
Region 1 is not used
Region 2 is not used
Region 3 is not used
Drops[edit | edit source]
Nameless also have a random loot table that can contain berries, mushrooms, chitin or hide armor, metal tier weapons and tools, e.g. Climbing Pick .
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase|
|Movement||Base Speed||Sprinting Speed|
|Stamina Cost||Attack Range||Description|
|Attack Type||Damage||Projectile Values||Torpor Values||Status Effect: Stamina||Status Effect: Torpidity|
|Life||Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
Combat[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Nameless often emerge from the ground in the absence of charge light, and in groups of at least three or more. If you do not have light surrounding you, or a pet that emits light, they will emerge from the ground and attack. When a growl can be heard, that is a good sign they are nearby, and will emerge once the above conditions are met.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Utilize weapons such as shotguns while mounted on a tank-grown mount will make quick work of them. Charge Lantern, even when deployed, disrupts their health regeneration as they are weak towards Charge Light.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
Nameless are also able to emerge from foundations inside a base, including those placed on the back of a platform saddle. It is advised to keep a lantern pet on at all times inside a base, whether on the ground or on a tame.
Nameless prioritize attacking players and tamed dino over anything else, ignoring wildlife even if they attack them. In the absence of an alpha, a random Nameless can shift into their alpha state with red veins (usually only one can exist around at any point of time), attracting other nameless to join in its conquest. If left alive for too long, there is a chance it will call the Subterranean Reaper King out, as denoted by the constant black circle pushing away from itself with a black mist-like geyser.
If not killed in time when it does call, the Reaper king will emerge out from anywhere within instead of another nameless, making the encounter harder.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Nameless are rendered weak against Charge Lantern or in presence of Charge Light, reducing the effectiveness of health regeneration.
The Basilisk is very effective when fighting Nameless, as their poison attacks aren't resisted by Nameless armor.
Nameless hates Fertile land (green region), and will rather scurry underground. Useful if you want to make a quick get away.
Nameless are relatively slow, so escaping it is easy.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Roles[edit | edit source]
Nameless Venom: The Nameless is rather trivial in its resources that can be harvested from its body except for its valuable Nameless Venom. This venom, though toxic to consume, is readily eaten by the Rock Drake. Baby Drakes require this venom in order to mature, and adult Drakes gain 100 Health when consuming it.
Swarm Tactics/Trolling: Nameless are not tamable, but thanks to the large amount of Nameless that can congregate when a survivor lacks a charge light source, one can easily attract a large group of them and lead them elsewhere, so long as it does not cross the Green Fertile Region as they will refuse to follow in that region. When a large enough group of about 10 come together, the Alpha Nameless will call for a Reaper, specifically a Subterranean Reaper King, to join in the group in a fight. This deadly combination of fierce creatures can be used to your benefit, either as a distraction and/or thwarting tactic in order to escape an enemy, luring an army of them to attack an enemy(so long as there is not charge light around), or simply to annoy or troll a survivor, their tames, or their base.
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The torn dossier for this creature was first revealed in Community Crunch 109 on November 18, 2017.
- Reaper, Nameless, and Phoenix are currently the only species that do not possess a scientific name, aside from Bosses.
- Force-taming a Nameless will cause it to burrow down and despawn, making it the first and only creature that cannot ever be tamed with forcetame command. There are some exceptions:
- Forcetamed Adolescent (or younger), Alpha, or minion variant of Nameless will not burrow and despawn.
- Giant Metal Trapdoor can prevent the forcetamed Nameless from burrowing underground, but it will not stop it from despawning after some time.
- Normal Nameless can be pounced on by Raptors, but not the Alphas.
- Though there is a clear relation between the Nameless and the Reaper, it is difficult to come to a conclusion on what that exact relation is. This relation could be a symbiotic one in which the Nameless and Reaper are a separate species and work together, a non-symbiotic relationship in which the Reapers are merely attracted to large groups of Nameless to acquire an easy meal, or that the Nameless and Reaper are the same species but of different castes that work together, like that of ants or bees.
- Being important to note, there is an old admin command called "spawn xenomorph_character_bp_c" and it will show the reaper icon with it saying spawned in nameless queen, possibly hinting that they are in fact the same species or at least were planned to be.
- Currently Nameless can be spawned on other maps besides aberration, however, they are extremely likely to overspawn if set as a creature replacement.
- Due to how common it is, and how they need charge to be able to be killed quickly, The Nameless can be considered one of the most annoying creatures in game, possibly on par with the Troodon, Ichthyornis and Pegomastax.
- The Nameless are based on the mythological Chupacabra, a blood sucking demon from Puerto Rico, this is suggested by their appearance that is almost identical to the hairless demon with hair like bristles on its back.
- Their internal game name is ‘ChupaCabra’, which proves the above.
- However their clear relationship with Reapers (how’s internal name is ‘Xenomorph’) makes them in some way reminiscent of the Xenomorph Drones from the Alien franchise, supposedly the main host of a Xenomorph army and responsible for aiding the higher casts in any way possible.
- Nameless that spawns as hostile creature for missions in Genesis does not spawn additional Nameless, even if they enrage.
- If an Alpha Nameless has contact with charge light while its calling Reaper king, the action will be cancelled.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
|275.0 Aberration Expansion Release||Nameless is added to the game|
|275.31||Added Nameless to certain areas of the blue bioluminescent zone where they were missing|
|275.52||Fixed being able to kite Nameless into the green fertile zone. They will now leave when they go underground in such places|