|Increases your health, but puts you to sleep.|
|Consumable (values pertain to Humans)|
cheat giveitemnum 122 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/PrimalItemConsumable_Narcotic.PrimalItemConsumable_Narcotic'" 1 0 0
|Found in Supply Crate||Green|
|Required level||Level 6|
|Engram Points||6 EP|
|Crafting XP||8 XP|
|Used to craft||13 items|
|Crafted in|| Mortar and Pestle|
|Crafting Yields||6 Pieces|
|Ingredients (Chemistry Bench)|
Upon consumption, Narcotics increase the Torpor of a survivor or creature by 40, which is a bit more than the amount of torpor given by the 5 narcoberries required to make it (5 × 7.5 = 37.5). In addition, unlike the berries themselves, the narcotic doesn't spoil.
Instead of Narcoberries the same amount of Ascerbic Mushroom can be used.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Narcotics are primarily used in the Taming process to keep dinosaurs unconscious. This is done by putting the Narcotic in the creatures inventory, selecting it, and pressing the Use key (E, , ). The creature's torpidity will then rise by a total of 40 over the next 8 seconds. 5 Narcoberries will produce a bit less of Torpor and unlike the berries, Narcotics do not spoil. This process can be used against an unconscious player for the same effect. Especially for creatures with a fast decreasing torpor (specifically greater than 6.5 per second), narcoberries are the better choice because the 5 berries will increase the torpor for 5 × 3s = 15 seconds as opposed to one narcotic that increases the torpor only for 8 seconds. During the increase of the torpor it will not decrease, giving berries an advantage when taming creatures like Giganotosaurus and Dimetrodon. Narcotics and Narcoberries do not affect the Taming Effectiveness.
Narcotics can also be used to give the player increased Health regeneration for a short time, although this will cause you to fall asleep due to the rapid increase in torpor it causes. Players with a higher Fortitude will be more resistant to this effect, and will be able to take more Narcotics before they are knocked out.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Narcotics are used to craft the following items:
- Tranquilizer Arrow, an important tool for rendering creatures unconscious in order to tame them
- Tripwire Narcotic Trap
- Bug Repellant
- Poison Grenade
- Tranquilizer Dart
- Lesser Antidote
Also, Narcotics are needed for following cooking Recipes:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The item's description says that it "increases your health", which implies that consuming it will provide a boost to max health. This is incorrect, as it only provides a health regeneration effect.
- Due to the fact that Narcotics provide 4.0 XP per craft, are vital to taming most creatures, and are commonly made in bulk due to the easy resource requirements, they are a fantastic item to create in order to grind experience and to level up. Even high-level survivors can gain considerable experience through the creation of hundreds of narcotics.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In early versions of the game, Narcotics and Narcoberries had a negative effect on Taming Effectiveness.
- Narcotic blueprints can no longer be spawned. If the "cheat giveitemnum 123 1 0 1" command is used there will only spawn one item of Narcotic. You MUST learn the engram to be able to make it.
- Let n be the number of torpor items used, s be the duration of the torpor increase effect in seconds, L be the rate of torpor loss in torpor per second, and T be the total torpor gain per item used. n can be ignored for proving this number. The effective torpor gain per item is then given by the equation (sL+T). Thus the break even point can be found by providing the stats of narcoberries and narcotics and solving for L: (3L + 7.5 = 8L + 40)