North East Cave
|This page is outdated. Please help if you can.|
The talk page may contain more information.
Reason: "PC Update v252.0 introduced an entirely new cave design.
Most of the information on this page is no longer valid including, but not limited to walk-throughs, tips, notes, and recommendations, compatible tamed creatures, possible dangers, loot, and coordinates."
16.1° Lat, 84.6° Lon
The North East Cave is a cave in the northeast of The Island, on an island known as The Dead Island or "Carno Island". The cave contains the Artifact of the Devourer, needed to summon the Megapithecus. This cave consists basically of one big room with the path spiraling on the wall.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Long Drops
- Narrow Passages
- Extreme Temperatures
- Many Bats
- Spike Pits
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Consumables[edit | edit source]
- 30 × Cooked Meat
- Medical Brew (multiple)
- Stimberry or Stimulant as antidote for the scorpion-stings
- Fria Curry
- Bug Repellant
Tools[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Some Metal rocks block the way, bring a Metal Hatchet or Metal Pick.
- The fastest way down is by using a Parachute or Grappling Hook. Be prepared for a lot of Onyc and Pulmonoscorpius on the ground though.
- It is possible to get the artifact without building anything, but foundations can be used to make some jumps easier.
- The jump over the pit in the center is possible.
- Be careful not to fall.
- Bug Repellant will make this cave much easier. You will be able to walk past bats and Araneo or choose which you fight.
- Act cautiously, creatures may glitch out and die instantly.
- If you die in certain places in the cave your body may glitch through the ground and out of the map border.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Common[edit | edit source]
Uncommon[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you bring a dino that can not jump and it falls it will be unable to escape the cave without building escape ramps.
- This cave is swarming with bats.
- There are dangerous jumps, as you will walk a spiral path down to the ground. It is advised to bring a parachute with you.
- Parachuting down from the top is probably the best way to get down.
- It is possible for players to bring their sabers in to farm chitin however the reward is often not worth the risk. There is a lot of maneuvering that requires foundations and ramps and players are extremely likely to die if they fall.
- There is a small section of water just after the entrance to the cave and before the large descending spiral walk. No piranhas or sarcos spawn here and a player with no extra points in oxygen will be able to navigate with only half oxygen used.
- At the bottom is a metal rock blocking the path back up. It is possible to jump over the rock if the player climbs on a rock ledge just below the metal rock.
- This cave is located on The Dead Island and if the cave does not kill you then all the deadly carnivores might. It is recommended to bring a flyer to get on and off this island
- Stimulants are essential in any cave with Spiders, Scorpions or Snakes.
- You can use the grappling hook to climb up and down safely. To climb down to the bottom two hooks are needed (re-attach in the middle). To climb up completely with hooks only, around four or more hooks are needed.
- Spinosaurus have the ability to swim which makes them an effective way to travel to the island and rid the cave entrance of carnivores lurking in the area.
- Cave does not exist on mobile
Gallery[edit | edit source]