North East Cave
From ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki
| This page is outdated. Please help if you can.|
The talk page may contain more information.
Reason: "PC Update v252.0 introduced an entirely new cave design.
Most of the information on this page is no longer valid including, but not limited to walk-throughs, tips, notes, and recommendations, compatible tamed creatures, possible dangers, loot, and coordinates."
North East Cave
14.7° Lat, 85.4° Lon
Artifact Of The Devourer
16.1° Lat, 84.6° Lon
16.1° Lat, 84.6° Lon
This cave consists basically of one big room with the path spiraling on the wall.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Dangerous Jumps
- Narrow paths
- Extreme Cold
- Many Bats
- Spike Pits
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Consumables[edit | edit source]
- 30 × Cooked Meat
- Medical Brew (multiple)
- Stimberry or Stimulant as antidote for the scorpion-stings
- Fria Curry
Tools[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Some metal-rocks block the way, bring a metal hatchet or metal pickaxe.
- The fastest way down is by using a parachute or Grappling Hook. Be prepared for a lot of bats and scorpions on the ground though.
- It's possible to get the artifact without building anything, but foundations can be used to make some jumps easier.
- The jump over the pit in the center is possible.
- Be careful not to fall.
- Bug Repellant will make this cave much easier. You will be able to walk past bats and spiders or choose which you fight.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Common[edit | edit source]
Uncommon[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a dino that can not jump falls it will be unable to escape the cave.
- This cave is swarming with bats.
- There are dangerous jumps, as you will walk a spiral path down to the ground. It is advised to bring a parachute with you.
- Parachuting down from the top is probably the best way to get down.
- It is possible for players to bring their sabers in to farm chitin however the reward is often not worth the risk. There is a lot of maneuvering that requires foundations and ramps and players are extremely likely to die if they fall.
- There is a small section of water just after the entrance to the cave and before the large descending spiral walk. No piranhas or sarcos spawn here and a player with no extra points in oxygen will be able to navigate with only half oxygen used.
- At the bottom is a metal rock blocking the path back up. It is possible to jump over the rock if the player climbs on a rock ledge just below the metal rock.
- This cave is located on Dead Island and if the cave does not kill you then all the deadly carnivores might. It is recommended to bring a flyer to get on and off this island
- Stimulants are essential in any cave with Spiders, Scorpions or Snakes.
- You can use the grappling hook to climb up and down safely. To climb down to the bottom two hooks are needed (re-attach in the middle). To climb up completely with hooks only, around four or more hooks are needed.
- Spinosaurus have the ability to swim which makes them an effective way to travel to the island and rid the cave entrance of carnivores lurking in the area.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Plains||Eastern Plains • The Frigid Plains • Western Plains|
|Islands||Cragg's Island • Dead Island • Footpaw • Redwood Forests • Southern Islets • South Haven/Herbivore Island|
|Mountains||Far's Peak • Frozen Tooth • Grand Hills • Red Peak • Volcano • Weathertop • Whitesky Peak • Winter's Mouth|
|Beaches||Northeast Shores • Northern Shores • Southeast Shores • Western Coast • Western Approach|
|Forests||Eastern Forest • Southern Jungle|
|Other||Deep Island • Derilect Ship • Drayo's Cove • Gulch of Lamentation • Hidden Lake • The Maw • Smuggler's Pass • The Writhing Swamps|
|Ruins||Beach Ruins • Jungle Ruins • Mountain Ruins • Redwood Forest Ruins • Snow Ruins • Swamp Ruins|
|Caves||Caverns of Lost Hope • Caverns of Lost Faith • Central Cave • Lava Cave • Lower South Cave • North East Cave • North West Cave • Snow Cave • Swamp Cave • Tek Cave • Upper South Cave|
|Arenas||Broodmother Arena • Dragon Arena • Megapithecus Arena • Overseer Arena|