North West Cave
19.6° Lat, 18.4° Lon
This cave is the smallest cave by far and you will have to crouch occasionally to explore. Watch your feet and take it very slow, as there are drop offs that deals 5000 instant damage even if you descend with a grappling hook. Therefor, if you fall in, your gear is not retrievable and is lost.
After the update, this cave does not seems to contain any loot, only the artifact.
Creatures in the cave spawn as normal levels and are not that difficult to beat.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Dangerous Jumps
- Very little space
- Extreme Cold
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Chitin Armor, Fur Armor
- 30 × Cooked Meat
- Medical Brew
- Crossbow and Grappling Hooks
- Bring lots of extra water
- Must bring axe or pick, metal rocks block a few of the paths
- If possible assault rifle, pistol or pump action shotgun (Boom stick time)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Hug the right wall to reach the Artifact of the Skylord.
- Melee weapons do not work when prone. Bring plenty of ammo. There are some areas in which you can stand so check constantly with the prone key (default X)
- Several of the high-quality loot crates within this cave are restricted to the use of grappling hooks to cross pitfalls. It is recommended to bring a few to maximize your rewards from the cave. Grappling hooks can also allow you to escape the artifact chamber if you fall in.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The North-West-Cave is all about your jumping skills. It is a very narrow cave, you will be crouching mostly. You won't encounter many enemies.
- Watch your feet. When you first enter the cave and go left, there is a pitfall that will kill you instantly if you fall in. There are likely other pitfalls and recovering your body won't be possible if you fall in, so bringing high value gear is not advised. It may be possible to build over such pitfalls on PvP servers.
- It is possible to get the artifact without building or jumping. However this requires precise positioning and the chances of falling are very high. If you fall in it is currently impossible to escape the artifact room alive without a Grappling Hook. Tundra Biome graphics are covering up the only escape path from the room, preventing escape.
- Users of Grappling Hooks will find that the pits will kill you far before you actually reach the spikes. Be cautious when using a Grappling Hook to swing over pits.
- To recover your body in SinglePlayer you must use the cheat God and Infinitestats at the same time as well as ghost or fly to retrieve your body.
- If you die in any of the spike pits, it is possible to use a grappling hook to retrieve your body from the death spikes, bring a few, it is kind of like fishing.
- Dropping items in this cave will cause them to spawn above the cave's roof.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Original interior of the cave prior to 252.0 redesign
|Maps||Resource Map • Explorer Map • Creature Spawn Map|
|Plains||Eastern Plains • The Frigid Plains • Western Plains|
|Islands||Cragg's Island • Dead Island • Footpaw • Southern Islets • South Haven/Herbivore Island|
|Mountains||Far's Peak • Frozen Tooth • Grand Hills • Red Peak • Volcano • Weathertop • Whitesky Peak • Winter's Mouth|
|Beaches||Northeast Shores • Northern Shores • Southeast Shores • Western Coast • Western Approach|
|Forests||Eastern Forest • Southern Jungle • Redwood Forests|
|Other||Deep Island • Derilect Ship • Drayo's Cove • Gulch of Lamentation • Hidden Lake • The Maw • Smuggler's Pass • The Writhing Swamps|
|Ruins||Beach Ruins • Jungle Ruins • Mountain Ruins • Redwood Forest Ruins • Snow Ruins • Swamp Ruins|
|Caves||Caverns of Lost Hope • Caverns of Lost Faith • Central Cave • Lava Cave • Lower South Cave • North East Cave • North West Cave • Snow Cave • Swamp Cave • Tek Cave • Upper South Cave|
|Arenas||Broodmother Arena • Dragon Arena • Megapithecus Arena • Overseer Arena|