North West Cave
19.6° Lat, 18.4° Lon
The North West Cave is a cave in the northwest of The Island. The cave contains the Artifact of the Skylord, needed to summon the Dragon. This cave is the smallest cave by far and you will have to crouch occasionally to explore. Watch your feet and take it very slow, as there are drop offs that deals 5000 instant damage even if you descend with a grappling hook. If you fall into these pits, retrieval of your gear is only possible by grappling your body out of the pit. Your body may fall through the world if you die to the pits, making it impossible to retrieve your gear without cheats.
After the update, this cave contains very little loot, excluding the artifact.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Dangerous jumps
- Very little space
- Extreme Cold
- Easily lost
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Chitin Armor, Fur Armor
- 30 × Cooked Meat
- Medical Brew
- Crossbow and Grappling Hooks
- Bring lots of extra water
- Must bring hatchet or pick to destroy metal rocks that block some of the paths
- If possible an assault rifle, pistol or pump action shotgun (Boom stick time)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Hug the right wall to reach the Artifact of the Skylord.
- Melee weapons do not work when prone. Bring plenty of ammo. There are some areas in which you can stand so check constantly with the prone key (default x)
- Several of the high-quality loot crates within this cave are restricted to the use of grappling hooks to cross pitfalls. It is recommended to bring a few to maximize your rewards from the cave. Grappling hooks can also allow you to escape the artifact chamber if you fall in.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The North West Cave is all about your jumping skills. It is a very narrow cave, you will be crouching mostly. You won't encounter many enemies.
- Watch your feet. When you first enter the cave and go left, there is a pitfall that will kill you instantly if you fall in. There are likely other pitfalls and recovering your body won't be possible if you fall in, so bringing high value gear is not advised. It may be possible to build over such pitfalls on PvP servers.
- It is possible to get the artifact without building or jumping. However this requires precise positioning and the chances of falling are very high. If you fall in it is currently impossible to escape the artifact room alive without a Grappling Hook. Tundra Biome graphics are covering up the only escape path from the room, preventing escape.
- Users of Grappling Hooks will find that the pits will kill you far before you actually reach the spikes. Be cautious when using a Grappling Hook to swing over pits.
- To recover your body in SinglePlayer you must use the cheat God and Infinitestats at the same time as well as ghost or fly to retrieve your body.
- If you die in any of the spike pits, it is possible to use a grappling hook to retrieve your body from the death spikes, bring a few, it is kind of like fishing.
- There is a chance that the Artifact of the Skylord will not spawn in this cave or the world. This is a very common glitch that has been in the game for a little over a year now."
- Dropping items in this cave will cause them to spawn above the cave's roof.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Original interior of the cave prior to 252.0 redesign