|Deposit Items for Tribute|
|Used to craft||3 items|
Obelisks are the massive, floating, alien towers in ARK: Survival Evolved. They are also referred to as pillars, towers, arks, spires, or mega-beacons. At the beginning of your journey, no matter where you spawn, chances are high you'll spot them right away by simply looking around.
Currently, there are 3 Obelisk Towers on each of the official maps:
- Red Obelisk
- Green Obelisk
- Blue Obelisk
Location[edit | edit source]
The picture to the right shows the location of the Obelisks.
- Locations on The Island
The x, y, z-coordinates in the chart above are for the use of the "Set Player Position" command (
setplayerpos <x> <y> <z>).
Summoning Bosses[edit | edit source]
It is possible to transfer in Singleplayer mode to the Boss Arenas of Broodmother Lysrix at the Green Obelisk, Megapithecus at the Blue Obelisk, and the Dragon at the Red Obelisk. Playing on servers however you can reach all Boss Arenas from every Obelisk and additionally from every Beacon. To do so, the player needs Artifacts and other tributes, depending on the boss and the difficulty. The bosses are very strong, so be prepared.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Server Traveling[edit | edit source]
One of the features of the Obelisk is the Character Data Transmission. By saving your character data, you'll be able to transfer your character to a different Server. Please note that you can not transfer the character from an unofficial server to an official server, nor can you transfer the data from the single player mode to the official server. Server transfers between two official servers are available but limited to specific servers. You also cannot transfer between PVP and PVE. You can also put items in the tribute inventory by clicking Transmit Ark Data and dragging items in. If you put the items in the inventory for artifacts, they will be lost.
Dino Transfer[edit | edit source]
It is also possible to transfer your tamed dinos this way with the same restrictions as listed above. If you upload one of your tames, their inventory will be deleted in the process. Remember to empty it before (including the saddle).
After downloading dinos there is a hidden 12-hour cooldown before you are able to upload them again. Additionally females will get a breeding cooldown as well.
If there are too many tamed dinos in the server, the dino cannot be downloaded into the server (It will remain in the cloud despite multiple download clicks) unless it has at least one spot free.
How To Transfer[edit | edit source]
To transfer your data, approach the console located right under the Obelisk Tower.
Once you activate the console (default E, , ), you'll be prompted with a UI.
At the top right side, you'll see a button "TRANSMIT ARK DATA". Press the button to get the options for the data transmission (see screenshot below), so that you can upload your character data.
Once you've uploaded your character data, you can join a different server and during the character creation, you'll now be able to load in the character that you've uploaded. Currently characters can only be downloaded from the same types of servers, i.e. PVP character to another PVP server, PVE to another PVE server.
Note: The process has been simplified even further. Survivors only need to place items in the ARK DATA inventory, and log off their current map. The game will do the rest for you
Transferring Limit[edit | edit source]
Not everything can be transferred to other servers. Aside from server setting, the following items cannot be transferred:
- Inactive Specimen Implant or Homo Deus Record
- Boss Heads
- Element and Element Shard
- Gacha Crystal
- Bee Hive and Plant species x seeds
Aberration[edit | edit source]
In Aberration, there is a strict limit on what can be brought to Aberration unless permitted with "ExportForeignDino" Server command. The following dino cannot be brought into such map.
- Snow Owl (All other Extinction creatures can be brought over.)
- Non-native Dinosaur which does not have their Aberrant counterpart. *
* = In official servers, this includes their fertilized eggs.
While the above dinosaur/creature can be brought in to Aberration in the form of Cryopod , they cannot be released out into the map.
* = Notes:
- Giant Queen Bee cannot be brought into Aberration, despite having its presence within the map. They can still be brought out with the Cryopod, however.
- Oviraptor can be brought into Aberration as of Patch 294.101.
- Both Aberrant Gigantopithecus and Aberrant Dire Bear cannot be transferred anywhere due to an unknown bug (can be transferred over with Cryopod). However, their non-native counterpart can still be transferred over.
Warning[edit | edit source]
There have been reports of players losing their character by using the transmitting-feature. This is often caused by error, crash or server rollback/maintenance when attempting to download or downloaded before the next server save, so use this feature at your own risk.
If a rollback occurred on servers that you had your character transferred from, and you lost your character on the server you transferred you, the game will still force you to create a new character as if you do not have any on the server despite it existing. This is in lieu with the Anti-duping technology intended to prevent duping of characters. 
Characters/Dinos/Items uploaded to ARK cloud has a 24-hour time limit in multiplayer. Ensure you are set to download them into another server before the timer runs out.
Repairing[edit | edit source]
Servers that have lost their interactive obelisk terminals can spawn them back in with these commands while looking at the terminal:
- Red Terminal: spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_Red.TributeTerminal_Red'" 160 0 0
- Blue Terminal: spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_Blue.TributeTerminal_Blue'" 160 0 0
- Green Terminal: spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_Green.TributeTerminal_Green'" 160 0 0
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Since Patch 246.0, upload of items is limited to 50 stacks and upload of dinos is limited to 20.
- Before v216.0, the green obelisk was where the red one is, the red was where the blue one is, and the blue was where the green one is. It is possible the devs made this change to match the location of the obelisks with the colored lights in the ARK logo.
- In Extinction Chronicles, one of the notes say that the obelisks in Extinction are prototypes and in general obelisks are energy sources.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Panorama of all three Obelisks as seen from the Cragg's Island, as seen before update v. 216.0
Red obelisk with a Supply Crate marker to scale, as seen before v. 216.0
References[edit | edit source]