|Deposit Items for Tribute|
|Used to craft||3 items|
Obelisks are the massive, floating towers in ARK: Survival Evolved. They are also referred to as pillars, towers, arks, spires, or mega-beacons. At the beginning of your journey, no matter where you spawn, chances are high you'll spot them right away by simply looking around.
Currently, there are 3 Obelisk Towers on each of the official maps:
- Red Obelisk
- Green Obelisk
- Blue Obelisk
Location[edit | edit source]
The picture to the right shows the location of the Obelisks.
- Locations on The Island
The x, y, z-coordinates in the chart above are for the use of the "Set Player Position" command (
setplayerpos <x> <y> <z>).
Summoning Bosses[edit | edit source]
It is possible to transfer in Singleplayer mode to the Boss Arenas of Broodmother Lysrix at the Green Obelisk, Megapithecus at the Blue Obelisk, and the Dragon at the Red Obelisk. Playing on servers however you can reach all Boss Arenas from every Obelisk and additionally from every Beacon. To do so, the player needs Artifacts and other tributes, depending on the boss and the difficulty. The bosses are very strong, so be prepared.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Server Traveling[edit | edit source]
One of the features of the Obelisk is the Character Data Transmission. By saving your character data, you'll be able to transfer your character to a different Server, or send items and dinos across different servers.
How To Transfer[edit | edit source]
To transfer your data, approach the console located right under the Obelisk Tower.
Once you activate the console (default E, , ), you'll be prompted with a UI.
At the top right side, you'll see a button "TRANSMIT ARK DATA". Press the button to get the options for the data transmission (see screenshot), so that you can upload your character data.
Once you've uploaded your character data, you can join a different server and during the character creation, you'll now be able to load in the character that you've uploaded. Currently characters can only be downloaded from the same types of servers, i.e. PVP character to another PVP server, PVE to another PVE server.
Note: The process has been simplified even further. Survivors only need to place items in the ARK DATA inventory, and log off their current map. The game will do the rest for you
Repairing[edit | edit source]
Servers that have lost their interactive obelisk terminals can spawn them back in with these commands while looking at the terminal:
- Red Terminal: spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_Red.TributeTerminal_Red'" 160 0 0
- Blue Terminal: spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_Blue.TributeTerminal_Blue'" 160 0 0
- Green Terminal: spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_Green.TributeTerminal_Green'" 160 0 0
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Since Patch 246.0, upload of items is limited to 50 stacks and upload of dinos is limited to 20.
- Before v216.0, the green obelisk was where the red one is, the red was where the blue one is, and the blue was where the green one is. It is possible the devs made this change to match the location of the obelisks with the colored lights in the ARK logo.
- In Extinction Chronicles, one of the notes say that the obelisks in Extinction are prototypes and in general obelisks are energy sources.
- In Aberration, it’s show that despite the enormous size of the obelisks, they appear to be only the most visible part of a much larger corresponding structure outside the ark, which is hidden on other maps, revealed when that ark was damaged.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Panorama of all three Obelisks as seen from the Cragg's Island, as seen before update v. 216.0
Red obelisk with a Supply Crate marker to scale, as seen before v. 216.0
References[edit | edit source]