||This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by expanding it.
||This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
The Obsidian Pickaxe is a Weapon in the Primitive+-DLC of ARK: Survival Evolved. It is the primary tool for harvesting Claystone, Limestone, Coal, and Carbon.
The Obsidian Pickaxe is the obsidian version of the Metal Pick. They both have a higher gathering speed than the stone version, but the Obsidian Pick is the primary way of gathering Claystone, Limestone, Coal, and Carbon.
Claystone is gathered from normal rocks instead of Flint.
Metal-rich rocks. Harvest with an Obsidian Pick for Limestone
- Limestone and Carbon are gathered from metal rocks instead of Iron.
- Carbon and Coal are gathered from obsidian rocks instead of Obsidian.
- The Obsidian Pick deals just over half of the damage of the Stone Pick, and less than a third of the damage of the Metal Pick.
- The Obsidian Pick harvests only Stone if used on Crystal and Oil nodes.
- It used to look like the picture or icon.
Great tool for raiding. Works well against doors, deals 25 damage to reinforced doors.