Old Tunnels (Scorched Earth)
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Scorched Earth|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Epic Games.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
58.6° Lat, 47.7° Lon
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Extreme Heat
- Dangerous Heights
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Flak Armor, Ghillie Armor or better
- Cooked Meats
- Medical Brews
- Grappling Hooks
- Explosives or Metal Arrows for Rubble Golems
Tips/Notes[edit | edit source]
- Partway inside, the cave requires you to crawl to continue. Therefore, most creatures cannot enter or leave the inner portions of the cave.
- Be prepared to possibly encounter a rare Rubble Golem (a variant of the Rock Elemental). Extreme caution should be taken around them, and conflict is best avoided on-foot.
- A Phoenix is an excellent mount for this cave. It's small enough to enter and exit, it's a living torch, and its fireball attack can be used to temporarily light up a section ahead of you like a flare, though it can only be used on unofficial/singleplayer.
- If a Megalania is tamed past the small hole before the artifact room it can't leave normally, you must use wall-climbing in an awkward angle to climb out.
- Using a large amount of Raptors can easily clear out the dangers of the cave after you have reached the artifact, but be aware of the possible Rubble Golem. Near the end of the cave, where the artifact is, there are some jumps and a narrow bit of rock that acts as a path. At this point, it is best that you leave all but one, strong raptor near the part where it gets narrow and take the artifact and go. Be careful not to fall, it's a long drop that brings you to resources such as Metal and Sulfur. If you do not have access to a strong raptor, or any raptor at all, bring grappling hooks as it is most likely that the jumps are impossible on foot (requires further testing). It is recommended that you do use a strong raptor - or any other strong jumping mount - as there maybe more creatures spawning near the artifact. If you do decide to bring a using very large amounts of Raptors, there is no need to bring anything more than basic gear.
- This may be a bug, but when you encounter the gold picture of 7 figures and an obliesk, rarely a loot crate may spawn directly next to it. Due to the strange physics and where you cannot go into the picture, do not be bothered to take the loot crate. It is impossible (encountered on Xbox, version 805.3(ish)).
- Creatures may spawn in small numbers when you enter the cave. Upon reaching the artifact chamber and going back through the small entrance to the chamber, the creatures will spawn more frequently then before. Do not be tricked by this, and bring tames such as Raptors to swarm opponents.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Rubble Golem
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Resources[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]