Plant Species X
|Plant Species X|
|Rate of fire||2.86 RPS|
cheat GFI Plant 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_TurretPlant.PrimalItemStructure_TurretPlant'" 1 0 0
Plant Species X is a defensive plant that is found in the swamp biome and can be grown in a Large Crop Plot. Plant Species X Seeds can be found from killing the natural plant, or from harvesting the mountain bushes that look like red sticks coming out of the ground or the cattails that grow along the shore in the swamps. Also, a creature such as an Ankylosaurus can harvest these bushes and collect the seeds.
Once fully grown, it is controlled the same way as the Auto Turret, with settings for range and targeting, it also shoots down explosive projectiles. It rapidly fires glowing green spores that have similar damage characteristics as Dilophosaur spit, both slowing and blinding the target. When damaged, the plant will regain 3HP every second. While shooting it consumes 150 Fertilizer units per shot. It will not shoot if there is no water in the crop plot.
A dinosaur that is aggravated by a player or other dinosaur and is attacked by Plant Species X will stay aggravated at the player/dinosaur until they lose interest and will begin moving towards the plant, mostly with little success due to the plant's knock back and rapid fire, even taking out the largest of dinosaurs. However, it is effectively worthless against the Titanosaur.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Plant Species X can be customized to attack players, tamed creatures, and/or wild creatures. They can also be set to a custom range and will shoot above and below — assuming they have a line of sight of the target — making them a good defense against flyers.
Settings[edit | edit source]
Range[edit | edit source]
The Plant Species X has multiple range settings, which correspond to the following distances:
- Low: 16 meters (approx. 5.3 foundations)
- Medium: 33 meters (approx. 11 foundations)
- High: 67 meters (approx. 22.3 foundations)
Targeting[edit | edit source]
There are seven targeting settings. (All of these settings ignore players and tamed creatures belonging to your tribe.)
- All Targets: Attacks players, tamed creatures, mounted creatures and wild creatures (Warning: includes newborn creatures—turrets set on this mode will attack baby creatures as soon as they hatch.)
- Only Survivors or Tamed Creatures: Attacks only players and tamed creatures, ignoring wild creatures.
- Only Survivors: Attacks only players.
- Only Tamed Creatures: Attacks only tamed non mounted creatures.
- Only Wild: Attacks only wild creatures.
- Only Survivors or Mounted Creatures: Attacks Players and Mounted creatures only.
- Only Survivors in an Enemy Tribe: Attacks Non-Allied Tribes Survivors and creatures.
Activating[edit | edit source]
The Plant Species X grows the same as any other plot-based plant, consuming both water and fertilizer to grow, but unlike other plants, it consumes significantly less of both once it reaches maturity. One should monitor water levels when growing these plants indoors.
The following items can be used as fertilizer:
|Fertilizer type||Fertilizer units||Fertilizes for||Fertilizes full* plant for|
|Human Feces||1,000||10m||3h 5m|
|Small Animal Feces||3,500||35m||10h 48m|
|Medium Animal Feces||7,500||1h 15m||23h 8m|
|Unicorn Residue||7,500||1h 15m||23h 8m|
|Large Animal Feces||15,000||2h 30m||1d 22h 15m|
|Massive Animal Feces||35,000||5h 50m||4d 11h 55m|
|Snow Owl Pellet||50,000||8h 20m||6d 10h 10m|
|Fertilizer||54,000||9h||6d 22h 30m|
|Bonemeal Fertilizer||90,000||15h||11d 13h 30m|
* When a plant has its maximum of fruits, it needs less fertilizer. As the fruits spoil after some time, leaving the plant in a non-full state for some time, these numbers are rather theoretical maximums.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Carnivorous Flower Locations|
Seeds for Plant Species X can be collected from two locations:
- At the tops of mountains by collecting the red flowers
- In the swamps
- by collecting the red cattail-like plants (Plant Species X seeds are a very rare drop).
- by gathering the immature X-plant. It is red and has several red bulbs and a guaranteed drop of seeds.
- On The Center they can be found around the pillars stretching out to the floating island.
- In Ragnarok they can be found on the cliffsides if west of The Bridge, or in the swamp area.
- It could be found in Aberration swamps ( 29.5 56.6 )
- On Genesis: Part 1 Plant Species X seeds are a rare drop when harvesting Narcoberry plants in the bog.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Caution should be used when setting the plants to 'Attack All' mode while friendlies and tamed creatures are around, the turret will more than likely hit them if the enemy is next to them.
- Plants will not grow on platform saddles.
- The plants do not lead their target, so they can be dodged quite easily on foot. Alternatively, you can get them to attack wild dinosaurs that are able to damage the crop plots and destroy them.
- Unlike auto turrets, the plant occasionally takes a small break from firing at a target.
- The plant's attack has a slowing effect on dinosaurs that wears off quickly if constant hits are not achieved.
- The plant uses fertilizer over time. If it's out of fertilizer it will die. The amount it uses is about 50 fertilizer points per 10 minutes. So 1 piece of Fertilizer (54,000) will be enough to fertilize your plant 7.5 days.
- Plants cannot be harmed by firearms.
- Plants can however, be harmed by fire arrows.
- Before v216.0, Plant Species X were not found in the wild and the only way to get them would be to harvest the seeds from mountain flowers.
- It takes around 12 hours for 1 Plant Species X to fully mature.
- Plant X attempt to shoot at rockets and c4 from high distance.
- For ARK Mobile, a current bug will sometimes prevent the plant from fully maturing despite having enough water and fertilizer (However if you watch the plant through the growthling to the fruitling phase it will grow).
- The player can sometimes find Plant Species X outside of the Swamp biome when harvesting plants with a dino. For example, using a Trike to harvest reeds beside the river at Coordinates 47 x 20 has a chance to yield Plant Species X seeds.
Media[edit | edit source]