|Powerful up close, but less reliable with range. Can fire six rounds before reloading.|
|Ammo used||Simple Shotgun Ammo|
|Rate of fire||0.910 RPS|
|Reload time||4.3 seconds|
|DPS||354.7 / 586.04|
cheat giveitemnum 357 1 0 0
cheat GFI MachinedShot 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_WeaponMachinedShotgun.PrimalItem_WeaponMachinedShotgun'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 55|
|Engram Points||18 EP|
|Crafting XP||648 XP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations||Refining Forge|
Overview[edit | edit source]
While it is heavier and its damage per pellet is lower, the pump shotgun delivers more pellets per shot. This results in around the same Damage Per Round as the Shotgun if all pellets can be kept on target. The Shotgun can be valuable for its ability to deal 1,280 damage in 0.7 seconds, compared to the Pump-Action Shotgun's 644 in the same amount of time. Due to the Shotgun‘s long reload time and small ammo capacity it only does 317.5 damage per second beyond the first two shots, whereas the Pump-Action Shotgun does 354.2 damage per second. Given its tighter spread and ability to use attachments, the Pump-Action Shotgun is considered the more practical weapon. Like the Shotgun, the Pump-Action Shotgun uses Simple Shotgun Ammo.
If compared to other fabricated firearms, the Pump-Action Shotgun quickly shows clear advantages on short to medium ranges, from its massive damage output combined with decent firerate and large ammo count for a shotgun to its high damage / bullet cost efficiency and durability. It also costs just as much to craft as a similar Assault Rifle, and less than half of the Fabricated Sniper Rifle. Everything taken into consideration, the Pump-Action is notoriously flexible and thus the weapon of choice to most players with access to it. However, the weapon is still a shotgun, and while still dangerous at range, will only dish a fraction of its total firepower with horrible accuracy to small targets, getting rapidly overpowered by other weapons.
It can be crafted at level 55 using Fabricator.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cannot be fired mid-reload.
- It can have any attachments besides the silencer put on, but like all guns in ARK, it can only have one at a time.
- While the Pump-Action Shotgun has a base damage of 14x46, all creatures aside from Humans take only 70% damage from guns. This means that this Shotgun only does around 14x32 damage to creatures.
- The sound effect for racking the pump is different in first person and aiming down the sights than it is in first person and hip firing.
- The 3rd person reload animation and sound is identical to the assault rifle animation and sound. It is faster to reload in 3rd person than 1st person because of this.
- The first person reload animation will accurately reload the number of shells to a full magazine, (2 shots left, reloading reloads 4 shells) But will do so even when you do not have the ammo to fully reload (2 shots left, you have 2 left in reserve, the animation should only insert 2 shells but inserts 4, yet only gives you 4 shots to work with when the animation ends, not the full 6 the animation implies.
- There is a rare bug in bossfights where when firing at point blank and all pellets hit the target, the resulting "super hitmarker" sound effect overrides the audio channels and forces the background music to restart from 00:00 on their respective tracks. The bug is assumed to be tied to the type of sound card a user has, or graphics card in the case the user has a graphics card that also processes sound. As a result, it is more likely to occur in older cards.
- The Pump-Action Shotgun has a similar model to its present day counterpart: the Remington 870 Express Tactical.