||This page may contain spoiler related to the background-story of ARK: Survival Evolved.|
If you want to experience the story ingame, you probably shouldn't continue reading on this page.
||This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by expanding it.
||This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Aberration
||This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
||This is it. Are you ready to fight the monster that Edmund Rockwell has become?
The Rockwell Arena is an arena for fighting the boss of the DLC: Aberration, Edmund Rockwell.
The following items are needed to open the Aberration Portal:
|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Artifacts/PrimalItemArtifactAB_3.PrimalItemArtifactAB_3'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Artifacts/PrimalItemArtifactAB_2.PrimalItemArtifactAB_2'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Artifacts/PrimalItemArtifactAB.PrimalItemArtifactAB'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_Basilisk_Alpha.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_Basilisk_Alpha'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_CrabClaw.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_CrabClaw'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_ReaperBarb.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_ReaperBarb'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_Basilisk.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_Basilisk'" 8 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemConsumable_NamelessVenom.PrimalItemConsumable_NamelessVenom'" 20 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_XenomorphPheromoneGland.PrimalItemResource_XenomorphPheromoneGland'" 7 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_RockDrake.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_RockDrake'" 7 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_Basilisk_Alpha.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_Basilisk_Alpha'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_CrabClaw.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_CrabClaw'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_ReaperBarb.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_ReaperBarb'" 1 0 0
A suggested and confirmed path.
- This path also can be used as a continuous land route to the Rock Drake nests.
- Do not take the path unless you are fully prepared with high level dinos or you have a very speedy mount.
For non-climbing dinos and players with portals only showing in the Grave of the Lost terminal a discovered path confirmed by the survivor Zed is shown below. Starting in the Luminescence it winds down to the deepest parts of Aberration with enough space for a Spinosaurus to complete the path. This path can be continued or started at any listed point as another point may be closer to your base, it is started in the BioLum because of its closeness to a path to the fertile chamber.
This route does not require you to build anything. Although the list seems long, a large part of it is guiding you down a twisting path through the GotL vertical shaft. Some points listed are a precaution to prevent survivors from getting lost.
- Starting at 40.4 61.0 move South across a bridge to 44.9 59.7 and go SW on the raised portion to
- 49.4 56.5 to
- 50.2 59.8 SE towards
- 53.4 63.2 to
- A charge node at 54.8 62.8 SW to
- 59.1 60.7 East to
- 59.9 63.9 East to
- 62.2 68.1 through diamond shaped gateway parts to
- 62.0 63.7 where the path turns South, then go down the slope and turn right go straight West at 63.7 63.7 to the next gate
- 64.2 60.6 across the element river to next gate
- 65.0 57.9 you will see the next gate west and a Charge Node continue to
- 63.8 55.1 follow the left curve to
- 63.3 50.6 follow slope down and around the right to
- 60.9 49.4 head NW a slope around the Grave of the Lost shaft to
- 46.9 43.6 turn NNE and follow the passage down East and away from the elementfall
- At 52.5 53.9 the path turns SW and down
- 55.6 51.5 path turns south
- 65.6 52.5 follow the path around the elementfall to
- 65.0 49.3 paths continues down again WestNW down to a bright blue light and around the bend
- 64.5 50.0 paths take a sharp left turn, follow the zigzagging down to
- 61.9 50.7 straightening out NW in the last stretch
- At 59.8 48.4 the path curves passing the Rock Drake nests
- Turn right at 60.1 47.3, the nests are on your left a you cross the bridge to
- 57.8 46.9 and follow the cliffside path to
- About 55.2 43.6 where the path curves left continue straight W to
- 55.4 41.4 turn right heading N
- 52.4 40.7 take the lower left path and hug the left side (wall side) until
- 48.4 43.5 continue NorthNE until you see the the tek cave like area on your left. The final boss' terminal is down the hall at
- 42.7 36.7 is where the terminal lies.
- You have to be unmounted and stand on the platform in order to get teleported to the arena.
- You must defeat The Bosses within the timer or you and your dinos will die and items will be lost.
- The place to activate the teleporter depends on if you're in singleplayer or multiplayer. For singleplayer, only the Rockwell Terminal shows the summon icons, on multiplayer, players can see also them in the obelisks on the surface or in loot crates on dedicated servers.
- Compared to other Reapers found within Aberration, Elemental Reaper King are the weakest out of all the Reapers, making them easier to kill. However, underestimating the damage they deals, especially when they spawn in bulks, can lead a swift death.
- Nameless spawned in are more likely to turn into "Alpha" state, regardless if one has already existed. However, they will not summon Subterranean Reaper King even when there are more than enough Nameless to cause them to call for it.
- Previously due to the inability to transfer items set by default, all ascended characters which has defeated Rockwell will lose all their gears similarly to beating Overseer in the console after the cutscene. Due to this, it is advised to transfer all item to any living dinosaur that came with them to prevent any difficulty finding dropped bags from the area of starting boss fight.
- This is no longer the case with item transfer opened in official servers. Item no longer drops regardless of what server unless Item Transfer are disabled in which case the character is simply stuck in download with no way of download back in the server since he/she will still have item on them.
- This is the only other boss arena to permit Tek Tier gears and saddle inside. (First being Overseer Arena)
Compatible Tamed Creatures
These restrictions do not apply to Extinction arena as the boss fight takes place inside the map rather than in a separate section of the map
- A maximum of 10 survivors and 20 creatures are allowed to enter the arena. In the case of Tek Cave, a maximum of 10 survivors and 40 creatures are allowed, but only 20 creatures can be warped in at any point of time to the arena itself per warp.
- Most Arenas restrict survivors to ground-only creature. There are a few exceptions:
- Exceptions for certain arenas are only valid for the listed arenas. E.g. Manticore Arena refers to the Manticore Arena in Scorched Earth but not Ragnarok Arena where you also have to fight against the Manticore.
- A creature's "drag weight" must be less than 560. This is how much the creature itself weighs, not its carrying weight seen in its inventory.
- To see this value in-game, place the creature on an Elevator Platform with an empty inventory and no saddle.