Ruins of Nosti (Scorched Earth)
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Scorched Earth|
This is easily the most dangerous cave in Scorched Earth between the jumps over a bottomless void and the combination of some of the most dangerous creatures—including large swarms of Onycs and Mantis. Survivors should be well-prepared before tackling this cave. Mega Rabies will come from the bats, so make some Lesser Antidote beforehand.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Swarms of Creatures
- Extreme Heat
- Dangerous Heights
- Mega Rabies
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Flak Armor, Ghillie Armor or better
- Cooked Meats
- Medical Brews
- Grappling Hooks
- Explosives or Metal Arrows for Rubble Golems
- Lesser Antidote
Tips/Notes[edit | edit source]
- Immediately, the cave requires you to crawl under some boards to continue. Therefore, most creatures cannot enter or leave the cave.
- Be prepared to possibly encounter a rare Rubble Golem (a variant of the Rock Elemental). Extreme caution should be taken around them, and conflict is best avoided on-foot.
- A Grappling Hook can save your life and your inventory if you get knocked into the void.
- It is possible by using 4 or more articles of Ghillie Armor, in combination with a Cactus Broth and Bug Repellant, to avoid most, if not all of the creatures in the cave. Level Stamina, and be careful to avoid Titanoboa and Rock Elementals.
- Beware of the "Trap Loot" below and to the right of the series of jumps there is a loot crate near the instakill area on a ledge however it will kill you before you even reach it.
- Raising a decent Thylacoleo right behind the crouch entry is an option, because it can climb up the ledge to the left of the "Killvolume" area. After that you have direct access to the south part where the artifact is - so you don't have to do the dangerous jumps. Also it has decent weight, so one could farm the Obsidian inside the cave.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Resources[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Maps||Resource Map • Explorer Map • Creature Spawn Map|
|Regions||Badlands • Canyons • Dunes • High Desert • Low Desert • Oasis • Mountains • The World Scar|
|Caves||Grave of the Tyrants • The Old Tunnels • Ruins of Nosti|