admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Salmon/Salmon_Character_BP.Salmon_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Aberrant Sabertooth Salmon
admincheat summon Salmon_Character_BP_Aberrant_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Salmon/Salmon_Character_BP_Aberrant.Salmon_Character_BP_Aberrant'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Sabertooth Salmon (Escort)
admincheat summon Salmon_Character_BP_Escort_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Escort/Ocean/Salmon_Character_BP_Escort.Salmon_Character_BP_Escort'" 500 0 0 35
Variant X-Sabertooth Salmon
admincheat summon Lunar_Salmon_Character_BP_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/BiomeVariants/Lunar_Salmon/Lunar_Salmon_Character_BP.Lunar_Salmon_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant X-Sabertooth Salmon (Rare)
admincheat summon Rare_Lunar_Salmon_Character_BP_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/BiomeVariants/Lunar_Salmon/Rare_Lunar_Salmon_Character_BP.Rare_Lunar_Salmon_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Dossier[edit | edit source]
Fairly unremarkable by the Island's standards, Oncorhynchus grexlamia is a generally passive fish. Its main form of protection is swimming in a large school. Oncorhynchus does not like conflict, and generally swims away from anything larger than itself at very high speeds.
Once provoked, however, Oncorhynchus becomes quite aggressive, along with its nearby brethren. It locks onto its prey with its long "saberteeth" and begins draining that creature's blood. This loss of blood is not too dangerous alone, but when a school of Oncorhynchus attack at once, their target quickly loses speed and stamina from blood loss, drowning if it cannot breath underwater.
Like many of the smaller fish found on or around the Island, Oncorhynchus cannot be tamed, but it is often herded and harvested for its resources. In particular, certain cuts of Oncorhynchus meat are considered to have superb quality, and are often referred to as "Prime Fish" used for specific high-end concoctions and taming the Island's many piscivorous creatures.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Sabertooth salmon lazily swim about in schools until a player enters the water, which, at that point, they begin to swim away from the player in all directions. However, if one salmon is attacked and still alive, it and its companions will all rush in to attack the player in a vicious frenzy of tooth and fin until they or the player are killed.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Sabertooth Salmon is a common fish species in the rivers of the ARK, and thus, a popular prey item for many water-dwelling species on the island. It resembles a modern-day salmon in all aspects save for large fangs protruding from its mouth that give the creature its name.
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
This section displays the Sabertooth Salmon's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Sabertooth Salmon. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Sabertooth Salmon will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Sabertooth Salmon's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Sabertooth Salmon's "head, upper body/fins, and tail fin" magenta.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase|
|Movement||Base Speed||Sprinting Speed|
Combat[edit | edit source]
This section describes how to fight against the Sabertooth Salmon.
General[edit | edit source]
Sabertooth Salmon very rarely swim alone. Found in groups of 3-4+, provoking one can very quickly become a very bad decision if not prepared.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
When fighting the salmon it is important to remember that their bleed is a killer, so staying near the shore is a viable strategy. Simply swim far enough to hit the fish with a spear or bow ( or crossbow if available ) then swim back. This will aggro all nearby salmon but they will be easy pickings from the shore with a spear or pike.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Long range weapons such as a bow or crossbow can be a cheap and simple way to dispatch of these fish from the shore or shallow bodies of water. Long reaching spears and pikes are also valid options.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
When attacked, a Sabertooth Salmon will usually flee for a few seconds, but will then come back and attack. Any other Sabertooth Salmon in the area will also become agressive and swarm the attacker. Its bleed effect can be devesating to an unequiped player and can kill quickly.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
Often limited in health and seems to possess a larger hit box than Piranhas.
Taming[edit | edit source]
Sabertooth Salmon can be 'tamed' using Fish Basket . They can level, however they do not eat from the trough.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Roles[edit | edit source]
Food Source: Sabertooth Salmon can easily be bulked trapped by use of walls and dinosaur doors, guaranteeing a readily available source of Prime Fish for taming and recipes.
Collectibles[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Sabertooth Salmon, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- The dossier was revealed by Jat on February 1, 2016 
- The generic name means "hooked nose", referring to the shape of its mouth. The specific epithet roughly means "gregarious swallower", referring to its social nature and ferocity when provoked, but it is incorrectly constructed; the correct form would be gregilamia.
- Like Coelacanths, they can appear in different sizes. The smallest are barely larger than a human’s arm, some of the smallest creatures in game, while the largest are beasts that can be comparable in size to an Ichthyosaurus, if not larger, and could easily be ridden if it was allowed. Note that size does not reflect what level the fish is. Small fish can be just as dangerous (if not more so because they’re harder to hit) as larger ones if you attack them!
- Beyond their fangs, adults of Sabertooth salmon had larger gill rakers compared to their smaller, modern relatives, leading scientists to suggest that the adults ate plankton.
- Real Salmon lay eggs, however Ark's Sabertooth Salmon do not.
- The Salmon are cloned by the Overseer to maintain their presence in the ecosystem, because they are either completely unable to breed or their population is unable to recover manually.
- The game does not assign any genders to the Salmon, making players unable to breed them.
- Sabertooth Salmon do not produce Feces.
- Helena wrote in her dossier and notes that Oncorhynchus cannot be tamed. However, this only means she and other survivors were unable to tame them.
- The Sabertooth Salmon along with Coelacanth, Leech, Piranha and Trilobite became tamable with the Fish Basket introduced in Aberration.
- Salmon in real life sacrifice their lives using all of their strength to reach their birth place to lay their eggs. The salmon die after laying their eggs.
- Genesis: Part 1 introduced a new variant called the X-Sabertooth Salmon. Currently, this is the only biome-variant in the Lunar Biome.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
|240.0||Sabertooth Salmon is added to the game|
|240.1||Harvesting Salmon corpses with a Metal Sickle now longer give unreasonably high quantities of Raw Prime Fish Meat|
|240.2||Fish should no longer get knocked around as much after death|
|244.2||Fixed issue with fish endlessly spawning on land near the Redwoods biome|
|245.0||Fish can now be fished using a Fishing Rod|
|254.5||Sabertooth Salmon no longer receive buffs or debuffs|
|261.0||Added Sabertooth Salmon to the Snow Cave on The Island|
|262.0||Fixed an issue where wandering fish would cluster into a corner|
|275.0 Aberration Expansion Release||Added Aberrant Sabertooth Salmon|
|305.12||Fixed a bug where the Fish Basket wasn't returning creatures properly|
|306.41 Genesis: Part 1 Expansion Release||Added X-Sabertooth Salmon|