|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|A thick blob of unrefined sap.|
|Stack Size||30 / 20|
cheat GFI Sap 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_Sap.PrimalItemResource_Sap'" 1 0 0
|Used to craft||5 items|
|Exchange Yields||5 Pieces|
|Purchase Yields||20 Pieces|
|Cost||15 × Slips|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Sap is used to craft the following items:
Extinction[edit | edit source]
The Redwood trees are not accessible even though they are in the Sunken Forrest. The only place you will be able to find sap on Extinction will be in the Desert Bio from the Joshua trees, which can be found near the Desert Titan Cave. Harvesting can be done with a Pick, Hatchet, or Chainsaw. There is one other method which is unique to Extinction, it is the Gacha, if you are able to obtain a Gacha that can produce Sap then you are in business.
Scorched Earth[edit | edit source]
In Scorched Earth, Sap can be rarely gathered by harvesting the Joshua trees (the "furry" ones) with any tier of Pickaxe and hatchet or a chainsaw to get a larger amount per tree. Joshua trees can be found in the Badlands and High Desert.
Aberration[edit | edit source]
Valguero[edit | edit source]
In Valguero, in addition to using Tree Sap Taps, Sap can be gathered by harvesting tree stumps. You can farm it on small islands too by hitting some old broken trees with a pick, a hatchet or a chainsaw.
Fishing Comparison[edit | edit source]
Tree Sap can be used as a bait when Fishing. It attracts only Coelacanth.
|Bait||Catchable Fish||Max Fish Size|
|Leech Blood||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||1.88|
|Giant Bee Honey||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||2.4|
|Ancient Amber||Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Piranha||∞|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If needed in a steady supply, use multiple Tree Sap Taps (on different trees) as they gather sap incredibly slowly. For more information see the page on the Tree Sap Tap.
- Archaeopteryx, when set on wander, will slowly gather Tree Sap from certain trees (Redwood and Joshua Tree). It collects around 1-2 sap every 5–10 minutes (values differ from the amount of trees it visits). You should build a cage around the tree so don’t lose them or put a Transponder Node on the Archaeopteryx so you can find it if it wanders away.
- Although the description says “unrefined sap”, sap cannot be refined in a forge as of now.
- There is a bug where a Tree Sap Tap may not collect sap until the tap inventory has been opened at least once.
- on Valguero, you can gather a considerable amount of sap from the tree stumps located on the small island on the lake.