Small Crop Plot
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|Small Crop Plot|
|A small garden plot, with a fence to keep out vermin.|
cheat giveitemnum 130 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_CropPlot_Small.PrimalItemStructure_CropPlot_Small'" 1 0 0
|Found in Beacon||Green|
|Required level||Level 10|
|Required level (Mobile)||Level 9|
|Engram Points||9 EP|
|Cost||15 × Slips|
The Small Crop Plot is the first farming plot you can craft. It allows you to plant all types of berry seeds and holds 200 water. It can be placed anywhere on the ground, provided the area is relatively flat.
Usage[edit | edit source]
In order to grow a crop, you will need three things:
- A seed. One of the following berry seeds: , , , , , or . (Other seeds require a larger plot.)
- Irrigation. Usually a water source connected to the plot using a Stone Tap or a Metal Tap. Rainwater or water from a Waterskin also works, but is less reliable.
- Fertilization. Fertilizer made in a Compost Bin or by a Dung Beetle lasts the longest, but takes a bit of time to make, so starting with simple Feces might be easier.
Once the plot is irrigated and fertilized, you can place the seed in its inventory and it will be planted after a few seconds.
The plant will mature through several stages over the course of several day cycles, and once it has reached Fruitling status you will be able to harvest it continuously.
Fruitlings will grow and hold up to 300 of their planted berry type. Once harvested they will slowly grow back until reaching the maximum yield again.
To change the current plant, access the radial menu by holding 'E', then select 'destroy plant'. This will allow a new seed to be planted.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prematurely harvesting a plot does not seem to affect the growth of plants.
- As long as the plot is kept watered and fertilized, it will never need to be reseeded.
- Crops rot very slowly when left in the crop plot. However, they will start rotting at regular speed if they run out of fertilizer.
- A plot also has a small chance to spawn a new seed of its own in each yield that can be removed and used to start another plot.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 282.102 on Scorched Earth, crop plots could only be placed in "Sunlit Locations". These locations had to be found and are not just anywhere open to sunlight.
- If you build over a "Sunlit Location" then the roof of your structure will count as Sunlit over the same spot. The roof of normal buildings do not count as "Sunlit Locations".
- The Small Crop Plot is treated as a wooden structure and can not be damaged by hands, stone weapons, or non-explosive ranged attacks.
- The following creatures can not damage the Small Crop Plot:
- Dung Beetle
Painting and Color Regions
The Small Crop Plot is not currently paint-able, however this object may be re-mapped to include paint regions in a future update.