From ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki
62.7° Lat, 37.3° Lon
Artifact Of The Immune
62.2° Lat, 39.6° Lon
62.2° Lat, 39.6° Lon
If you enter the Swamp cave you will notice that the heat is nearly unbearable and the toxic gas will kill you quickly unless you've come with Scuba and/or Ghillie suit armor to help with the heat and survive the toxic air.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Wildlife: Swarms of Araneo, Meganeura and Titanomyrma litter the cave. Titanoboa and the occasional Megalania can also be confronted, as well as a large Leech pool. Possibly the biggest threat are the Arthropluera which can rapidly destroy armour and breathing equipment. On 1.0 difficulty, most of these creatures range between level 120 and 360. Achatina can also be found but offer no threat.
- Poisonous air: Breathing equipment such as SCUBA gear (including the mask, tank, leggings and for some reason the flippers), or a Gas Mask will be required as the toxic fumes within the cave can rapidly cause death.
- Extreme Heat: 40 C / 104 F temperatures makes some armour types like Chitin and Flak impossible to wear without leading to Hyperthermia.
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Ghillie Suit, SCUBA; not needed if you have a Gas Mask
- Crossbow with a considerable amount of Stone Arrows
- 60 × Cooked Meat
- Medical Brew
- Enduro Stew
- Calien Soup
- Custom Consumable to regenerate health and food
- Compound Bow with a lot of Metal Arrows can help when your are being swarmed by Araneos or Pulmonoscorpius.
- Metal Spike Wall for blocking passages and making animals slowly kill themselves.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bug Repellant will help you in much of the cave, however there are many tight corridors where you cannot sneak past enemies.
- Bring lots of Stimulants with you and constantly watch your torpor. Everything here wants you unconscious.
- There are plenty of water sources found within deeper parts of the cave, but you may run out of water before reaching them, even with a canteen. Two canteens may come in handy.
- The artifact 'room' has an opening leading into the room with what appears to be two stone pillars, near the start of the cave. It's possible to use a Grappling Hook to reach the artifact using it through this hole. When you are using the hook (reeling-in) to reach the artifact room, you must crouch before the opening, it's a relatively easy maneuver.
- If you can afford the high cost, a Gas Mask would be preferred over the Ghillie and Scuba mixed set, as it uses only one armor slot yet provides full protection from the gas, so you can wear a set of Riot or Flak armor to provide more protection from the creatures.
- Entering the cave with a high level tame (i.e. Raptor) can certainly help increase survivability.
- Ensure to pack extra equipment as Arthropleura will more than likely break it quickly if given the chance.
- Try to tackle each creature one at a time by selectively drawing aggro. The last thing the player wants to do is attract several swarms of different threats at once.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each piece of SCUBA or Ghillie you wear will reduce the damage the toxic gas will cause, with SCUBA reducing it by more, regardless of which slot it is (i.e. SCUBA tank alone is no more effective than the just the leggings, but both together is quite effective).
- To take no damage from the gas either equip a full set of SCUBA or three pieces of Scuba with two pieces of Ghillie (e.g. SCUBA tank, mask and leggings with Ghillie gloves and boots).
- Wearing one or two pieces of SCUBA/Ghillie less means you take a small amount of damage from the gas which is survivable with Enduro Stew and Medical Brews.
- Another way to take no damage from the gas is by using a Gas Mask, allowing you to wear any armor on the remaining 4 slots.
- The Creatures inside the cave are not tameable.
- The Swamp Cave houses very unique loot crates. The final room before the artifact contains Red Chests that function differently than any other loot crates in any other cave in the game. These crates operate on a loot table identical to that of surface loot beacons, in that their loot tables include basic structure blueprints and weapon attachments. While this may initially seem like a detriment, keep in mind that this ALSO includes the ability to loot Fishing Rods within the crates. The Swamp Cave Red Chests also operate on a 3.25 - 4.0 loot quality threshold, which is much higher than surface loot beacons, meaning the likelihood of finding Mastercraft and Ascendant quality gear is very high. The end result are Red Chests with the single greatest possibility of Ascendant quality Fishing Rods in the entire game.
- Running from Meganeura to the entrance and dying can cause your body/bag to glitch into a wall and prevent you from retrieving gear.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Plains||Eastern Plains • The Frigid Plains • Western Plains|
|Islands||Cragg's Island • Dead Island • Footpaw • Redwood Forests • Southern Islets • South Haven/Herbivore Island|
|Mountains||Far's Peak • Frozen Tooth • Grand Hills • Red Peak • Volcano • Weathertop • Whitesky Peak • Winter's Mouth|
|Beaches||Northeast Shores • Northern Shores • Southeast Shores • Western Coast • Western Approach|
|Forests||Eastern Forest • Southern Jungle|
|Other||Deep Island • Derilect Ship • Drayo's Cove • Gulch of Lamentation • Hidden Lake • The Maw • Smuggler's Pass • The Writhing Swamps|
|Ruins||Beach Ruins • Jungle Ruins • Mountain Ruins • Redwood Forest Ruins • Snow Ruins • Swamp Ruins|
|Caves||Caverns of Lost Hope • Caverns of Lost Faith • Central Cave • Lava Cave • Lower South Cave • North East Cave • North West Cave • Snow Cave • Swamp Cave • Tek Cave • Upper South Cave|
|Arenas||Broodmother Arena • Dragon Arena • Megapithecus Arena • Overseer Arena|