|This page may contain spoiler related to the background-story of ARK: Survival Evolved.|
If you want to experience the story ingame, you probably shouldn't continue reading on this page.
The Tek Cave is a cave located at the summit of the volcano, and upon completing said cave, the player will teleport to the Hall of History, which leads you to the game's final boss.
Tribute Requirements[edit | edit source]
The following items are needed to open the Tek Cave entrance. These items are not consumed in the process:
|Gamma Broodmother Trophy||1|
|Gamma Megapithecus Trophy||1|
|Gamma Dragon Trophy||1|
|Beta Broodmother Trophy||1|
|Beta Megapithecus Trophy||1|
|Beta Dragon Trophy||1|
|Alpha Broodmother Trophy||1|
|Alpha Megapithecus Trophy||1|
|Alpha Dragon Trophy||1|
|Alpha Raptor Claw||1||1|
|Alpha Carnotaurus Arm||1||1|
|Alpha Tyrannosaur Tooth||1||1|
|Alpha Megalodon Fin||1|
|Alpha Mosasaur Tooth||1|
|Alpha Tusoteuthis Eye||1|
|Alpha Leedsichthys Blubber||1|
It is also worth noting that the greater difficulty trophies can be used to open the Tek Cave entrance at lower difficulties (i.e. the Alpha Broodmother, Megapithecus and Dragon trophies can open the Tek Cave at Gamma difficulty).
Tribute Spawn Commands[edit | edit source]
Uses these commands to give yourself all the items needed for tribute:
|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Gamma.PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Gamma'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Gamma.PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Gamma'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Gamma.PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Gamma'" 1 0 0|
|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Beta.PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Beta'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Beta.PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Beta'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Beta.PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Beta'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaCarno.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaCarno'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex'" 1 0 0|
|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Alpha.PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Alpha'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Alpha.PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Alpha'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Alpha.PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Alpha'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaCarno.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaCarno'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMegalodon.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMegalodon'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMosasaur.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMosasaur'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaTuso.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaTuso'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaLeeds.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaLeeds'" 1 0 0|
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Ghillie Armor or charged Tek Armor to deal with the unbelievable heat ---- 60℃/140°F
- This cave is really hot, so you want to bring some Calien Soup along with Water, as well as Medical Brews.
- You will need a lot of powerful weapons. It is best to use ascendant items, such as several Rocket Launcher with Rocket Propelled Grenades, a Tek Rifle, Tek Grenades, or any other weaponry.
- Bring any kind of ranged weapons (even a Primitive Crossbow is fine) to aggro lots of wild animals in the cave and make them fall in the lava pits. It makes the cave much easier, especially if you can send the Giga in the lava. Gigas, however do not spawn on Gamma difficulty.
- Bringing sacrificial tames such as Carbonemys is a good idea to send them into the lava once you have shot it with a Pheromone Dart using a Longneck Rifle, drawing wild Dinos with it.
- Lesser Antidote will work fine if you get Mega Rabies from Megalania.
- It is completely possible to do the entire cave in around 35 mins with a set of Ghillie Armor and using some Cactus Broth , Where you just crawl through the cave and get zero aggro and no chance of losing tames; however, you cannot ascend unless the final boss is beaten (introduced in patch 267.0).
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Lava pits. Your unridden animals can easily fall into the lava from the narrow bridges, especially when they are on neutral and fighting the wild dinos. Because of this, it is recommended to bring more players rather than bringing in unridden dinos.
- Getting knocked off your mount.
- Massive swarms of high level dinos.
- The Giganotosaurus guarding the entrance to the portal.
- Extreme heat.
- The lava in the caldera in front of the gate (before entering the cave) hurts a lot, so make sure your Rexes don't step into it. Make sure you bring enough raw meat in case one of your Rexes misstep to be able to forcefeed them to max health if lava burned them.
- You will need cold weather gear, as after you pass the first area the temperature will drop to extreme cold and can kill you before you teleport to the next area. Which is also extremely cold.
- Lava does 2000 damage if you or your Creatures step into it
- Both riders & following dinos can be stuck in the cave's geometry. For this reason, ensure that there is adequate distance between players & that each player carries a small subset of unridden dinos behind them, similar to a conga line.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Alpha Carnotaurus
- Alpha Raptor
- Alpha T-Rex
- Terror Bird
All creatures found in Tek Cave spawn above level 300 (with the exception of Giganotosaurus, which spawns at level 60, but can't be tamed), rendering them impossible to tame.
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Restriction[edit | edit source]
Due to the opening size of the Tek Cave entrance upon opening, only certain size of the dino or creatures can fit into the cave.
Creatures that could not fit into the cave can access in with Cryopod if one has access to it when the gate is open. However, about half-way down, the cryopods become unusable (which may suggest that using cryopods on the Tek Cave is a feature rather than a design flaw). Also, because of this, it's possible to recover tames that fell into lava, but keep in mind that - due to equipment use restrictions - not all lava pits will allow players climbing back, so proceed with caution.
Once the cave is sealed, no creature will be able to leave the cave until the Overseer in its arena is defeated. Any creature still alive in the arena will be transported to the entrance of the Tek Cave.
Following creatures are too big to fit into the cave and will not be able to enter by any means:
Following creatures cannot directly enter the cave due to its size unless released inside with Cryopod
Following creatures cannot be warped into Overseer boss fight, but can enter the Tek Cave:
Following creatures cannot be warped into Overseer boss fight, but can enter the Tek Cave only with Cryopod :
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Upon Ascending, you will have to select your character and respawn as if you had disconnected while traveling across servers. This also means that items will be kept, but the Element will be lost and all the Tek Gear will be discharged. Creature inventories share the same behavior, but it might be safer (due to bugs) to store valuable equipment there, specially if playing console versions.
- There is a bug where if you bring a shoulder pet and you ascend with it on your shoulder, it won't spawn at the entrance of the cave until you beat the cave again.
- You will need to be level 60, 80, or 100 to open the door corresponding to each difficulty level.
- It is impossible to send a buried Reaper King or Basilisk into the Tek Cave from the entrance; they will only move to the top of the gate and not inside when whipped towards the open gate. However, the Basilisk can enter the cave without problems when out of the ground.
- There are no restrictions to the catch function of empty Cryopod , so one can use them to save any creatures that would be unable to warp to the boss fight or otherwise stuck along the way.
- When inside the cave itself, you are not able to use the Jetpack on the Tek Chestpiece, the Grappling Hook, or even the Climbing Pick . Moreover, the jump function from Managarmr cannot be used as well. After teleporting to the Hall of History, however, the jetpack and the ability to jump with the Managarmr will now be available for the rest of the journey, including the Overseer encounter.
- This is the only boss arena to permit Tek Tier equipment. Every other Boss Arena disallows such thing, excluding Rockwell Arena and Extinction arenas.
- When using the ghost cheat to get into the Tek Cave, the Overseer will be at Gamma level, and no Creatures will spawn inside the cave.
- Although upon entering a cave there is a message saying that a max of 10 riders and 50 tames are allowed in the cave, It is possible to bring more players. The portal after the tek cave will allow a max of 10 players (with their dinos) + 10 unridden dinos per teleport and as long as the overseer boss is not initiated, another batch can port in.
- There is a bug which can cause the game to crash during the final ascension cinematic. For this reason, once the overseer is defeated and you have placed yourself in the correct platform, make sure to dismount.
Repairing[edit | edit source]
Servers that have lost their interactive Tek Cave entrance terminal can spawn it back in with this command while looking at the terminal:
cheat spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_TekCave.TributeTerminal_TekCave'" 160 0 0
Version history[edit | edit source]
- First released in v257.0.
Gallery[edit | edit source]