Organic Polymer[edit source]
Anyone figured out how the organic polymer is produced?
Yesterday, while testing how fast the Achatina Paste was produced, I only received 2 Organic Polymer after 90 minutes - and the decay timer was going to roll over before a third one would be made, so I estimated a rate of 1 per 45 minutes. Today, when I logged on some 24 hours later - there's 100 Achatina Paste (which I expected) and 69 Organic Polymer in its inventory. 5 of the stacks have exactly the same timer, implying either they were produced in bulk or there is regularity to when it's produced. The other stacks only had 4/5 each, so I condensed them - which messed up the timers, I'm sure.
Perhaps the rate is increased while its at the paste limit? So 100 minutes after I logged off, it was full of paste and turned up to turbo polymer production? Someone mentioned in the trivia that snails like water, so maybe it rained and they produce tonnes of organic polymer when it rains (farout idea)? Maybe they produce a massive bulk of them daily?
I've just tamed two more and I'm going to log out tonight with their inventories completely empty (one has 6 paste already since I started writing this). I might check in 45 minutes to see if there's 1 Organic Polymer to match yesterday's rate.3mptylord (talk) 05:07, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
Day 2: One of them had 11 (10 and 1) in its inventory, both stacks with 1h29m36 timers. The second had 10. The one I initially tamed and had left the organic polymer inside from yesterday doesn't appear to have produced any, since it has 7 stacks of 3`(and shouldn't the first stack have more if some was being produced?). It's possible that its passive production refreshes the timer on the stack, allowing it to have more than 2 in its inventory - but that doesn't explain how I had 69 yesterday, with so many full stacks of 10. Perhaps an issue with server resets and patching? 3mptylord (talk) 15:59, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- Day 2, Test 2: I had two empty snails and one snail with 100 paste. All three produced 1 paste after 45 minutes. I was late for the 90 minutes check, but all three now have 100 paste and 2 polymer. Being "full" of paste doesn't seem to increase production of polymer. However, there's been reports on the forums that the one-time bonus has been un-fixed (or the fix was unintentional and it was suppose to be happening). So if you want 100 quick polymer, grab a low level snail (before it gets fixed again?)! 3mptylord (talk) 18:49, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
Yesterday i played many hours and evertime they had full paste i took it all but they produced only 1-5 polymer. Today after sleeping ~7 hours they are full with polymer and paste.
It rained 2 times yesterday so i dont think it boost them. (No Wiki User: Karaswa)
I think I've figured it out. Whenever there's a minor version patch - it fills up the snails. Depending on how long after the patch you log in - they'll either be full or already spoiling. Logged in after the last version and they were all full (barring the already-started stacks, so they all had 95 Organic Polymer). They had 5 Organic Polymer before the patch because I remember emptying them. I only checked so quickly because I didn't know if the pre-patch-rollback took me to before or after I emptied them. 3mptylord (talk) 06:35, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
it is super simple ......
45 minutes : 1 polymer
90 minutes : 2 polymer - 1 polymer = 1 polymer
135 minutes : 2 polymer
180 minutes : 3 polymer - 1 polymer = 2 polymer
225 minutes : 3 polymer
270 minutes : 4 polymer - 1 polymer = 3 polymer
315 minutes : 4 polymer
360 minutes : 5 polymer - 1 polymer = 4 polymer
405 minutes : 5 polymer
450 minutes : 6 polymer - 1 polymer = 5 polymer
495 minutes : 6 polymer
540 minutes : 7 polymer - 1 polymer = 6 polymer
585 minutes : 7 polymer
630 minutes : 8 polymer - 1 polymer = 7 polymer
675 minutes : 8 polymer
720 minutes : 9 polymer - 1 polymer = 8 polymer
they just produce it - 1 every 45 minutes (No Wiki User: Karaswa)
- No-one is disputing the 1 every 45 minutes - I created the graph that's used in the article. The whole point of this discussion was to figure out what was causing snails to sometimes mass produce 100 organic polymer. 3mptylord (talk) 19:59, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Confirmed. My server just crashed and when it rebooted all my snails got completely filled with polymer, except for the snail that I was using as storage for when I took my moschops out - since the server reboot doesn't max-out stacks.
Our Snail is currently inside the breeding house, since we are rebuilding our base. There are 8 ACs around there. The building also has greenhouse walls as windows, don't know if that makes a difference. I just mention it, because i read somewhere that the temperature has an effect on the polymer production. (guest)
Head Slot[edit source]
I just equipped my achatina with a helmet. Is that normal? Chitin looks perfect on a snail for some reason. But I don't see a note about a head slot on the page.
- Currently, there is a rather small tidbit about its ability to wear headgear at the bottom of the page under the "Notes" section. However, rest assured the next version of the Infobox will have a section that mentions it can wear headgear.
- — Sanctyl (talk) 03:56, 30 December 2016 (UTC)
Location Map for Scorched Earth[edit source]
I was able to find an achatina in the cave listed and I was able to tame it and bring it out. (You can toss it over the small pool of water from the other side and then carry it out from there.) This is why I think it's a bit misleading to state they're untamable in the Grave of The Ancients.
The main problem that I have is they aren't listed as spawning in the ruins out in the southern dunes. (I can't remember the cave's name.) I have found a few in the cave and you can safely carry them out through the same way the character crawled in. Awsumisme (talk) 00:22, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks for the report, I added the spawning in the southern cave on ScE and removed the untamable for the spawning in the northern cave.--Cadaeib (talk) 10:13, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
Tapejara carrying[edit source]
Can anyone confirm that you can actually carry these with a Tapejara? I don't seem to be able to. Running singleplayer, no mods, level 200+ Tapejara and unable to pick them up.