We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Re: Most recent conversion of this page: Why would you undo what was done, by putting things into dropdown menus? The best aspect about this page was that you could ctrl-F and search for the ID for specific items. That is no longer an option with how you've done it now, unless a person wants to go down and open every single dropdown menu first. >.< Please revert it...maybe the sorted version should be a whole other page? PreciousHearts (talk) 21:47, 12 September 2016 (UTC)
- The problem was the page became too large. It was (one of) the largest page of all Gamepedia wikis. And it wasn't going to shrink in the future. We had to do this to avoid trouble due to the size. E.g. editing this page was very slow, you could hardly type.
- If you want to search a specific item you don't need all the categories. Open the few sections your items are probably in and you can Ctrl-F again.
- More pages for other/sorted versions are not practicable. It is already the case that data on individual pages and in this list differs. However, we are open for suggestions, but we need to consider also technical/practical requirements/restrictions. --Flachdachs (talk) 22:10, 12 September 2016 (UTC)
- From Original Poster, Soon-To-Be-Properly-Registered: Ah hah, that makes sense, I didn't realize that it was cumbersome. Wikicode is not something I work heavily with on the writing side of things. (As can easily be seen by me still trying to figure out how to properly post. ;) I'm going home in a few minutes and will get registered, and hopefully will be able to figure something out so I can still easily find what I need. I understand what you're saying about opening categories that I figure it's most likely to be in. Is there such a thing as a copy of what you had before, that I could paste into textpad or something similar? - Poster Soon To Be Registered. (At which time I'll edit in my signature squiggleything to lay claim to my posts properly.) (Registered!) PreciousHearts (talk) 22:53, 12 September 2016 (UTC)
Page broken[edit source]
What idiot broke the page? Half of the ID's are missing and the rest have been shoved into giant messy lists. I tried to revert the edit but couldn't. Seriously, half of the spawn codes aren't even on the damned wiki anymore. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Stargatedalek (talk • contribs) at 01:51, 6 December 2016. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Entity Ids[edit source]
I'd like to go and add one more set of variables to the entity id template, which is to include the class name "blahblah_c" to the entity id page. It's incredibly helpful to have a single piece of information for copy and paste with the new server configs rather than having to edit and reverse derive them. Auchtor (talk) 20:36, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
- If you want to do it by hand, save your time. I can do it semi-automatically. --Flachdachs (talk) 23:40, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
- That would be fantastic. I was going to slam some Regex against it and make it work that way. 188.8.131.52 23:00, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
- I'm working on it. And I use the class names extracted from the game files, don't know if the class name is exactly the same as a part of the blueprint path. It takes a bit of time (another day or so) to prepare and test all lists in a test system, because the template changes, and the change has to be done in the real system here at once for all sub-pages. --Flachdachs (talk) 08:16, 22 December 2016 (UTC)