Talk:Metal Spike Wall
Precise Data Needed[edit source]
Does anyone has precise data on what amount of damage the Metal Spike Wall / Wooden Spike Wall do, how much to smaller/bigger Creatures or players? Especially, what are Spikes usefull for on a PvE-server? Devs said on 2015-06-19 that Spikes do not damage wild dinos, is this still valid?
Rumors say, if a wild dino attacks Spikes directly, it will be killed (on PvP or PvE?).
Short said, are there answers to these questions? They should be added to the pages.
- What amount of damage are Spikes do?
- What creatures are hurt by Spikes?
- wild / enemy tamed / own tamed
- aggroed by a player and trying to kill her/him, bumping into the spikes or directly attacking the Spikes
- on PvP / PvE
- Just saw a Rex chewing on Metal Spikes on a PvP-server for 20 mins, it didn't hurt him a bit. Seems wild dinos are completely unaffected by them and walk just over them. That means building them directly near walls is dangerous because they can be used as ramps to climb over the wall. --Cadaeib (talk) 00:16, 3 October 2015 (UTC)
- I came across damage values for spikes in the devkit once. I'll see if I can find them again. I don't personally use them though, so I can't say anything about their usefulness, and I've heard plenty of complaints about them not working properly. I saw the devs say recently that spikes will only hurt dinos that are directly attacking them, so maybe the rex was actually attacking the wall behind them and the splash damage that the spikes were taking didn't count as being "attacked"? --Mr Pie 5 (talk) 03:03, 3 October 2015 (UTC)