| This page may contain spoiler related to the background-story of ARK: Survival Evolved.|
If you want to experience the story ingame, you probably shouldn't continue reading on this page.
The Tek Cave is a cave located at the summit of the volcano, and upon completing said cave, the player will teleport to the Hall of History, which leads you to the game's final boss.
Tribute Requirements[edit | edit source]
The following items are needed to open the Tek Cave entrance. These items are not consumed in the process:
|Gamma Broodmother Trophy||1|
|Gamma Megapithecus Trophy||1|
|Gamma Dragon Trophy||1|
|Beta Broodmother Trophy||1|
|Beta Megapithecus Trophy||1|
|Beta Dragon Trophy||1|
|Alpha Broodmother Trophy||1|
|Alpha Megapithecus Trophy||1|
|Alpha Dragon Trophy||1|
|Alpha Raptor Claw||1||1|
|Alpha Carnotaurus Arm||1||1|
|Alpha Tyrannosaur Tooth||1||1|
|Alpha Megalodon Fin||1|
|Alpha Mosasaur Tooth||1|
|Alpha Tusoteuthis Eye||1|
|Alpha Leedsichthys Blubber||1|
It is also worth noting that the greater difficulty trophies can be used to open the Tek Cave entrance at lower difficulties (i.e. the Alpha Broodmother, Megapithecus and Dragon trophies can open the Tek Cave at Gamma difficulty).
Tribute Spawn Commands[edit | edit source]
Uses these commands to give yourself all the items needed for tribute:
|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Gamma.PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Gamma'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Gamma.PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Gamma'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Gamma.PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Gamma'" 1 0 0|
|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Beta.PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Beta'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Beta.PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Beta'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Beta.PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Beta'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaCarno.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaCarno'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex'" 1 0 0|
|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Alpha.PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Alpha'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Alpha.PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Alpha'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Alpha.PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Alpha'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaCarno.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaCarno'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMegalodon.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMegalodon'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMosasaur.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMosasaur'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaTuso.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaTuso'" 1 0 0|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaLeeds.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaLeeds'" 1 0 0|
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Ghillie Armor to deal with the extreme heat.
- This cave is really hot, so you want to bring some Calien Soup along with Water, as well as Medical Brews.
- You will need a lot of powerful weapons. It is best to use ascendant items, such as several Rocket Launcher with Rocket Propelled Grenades, a Tek Rifle, Tek Grenades, or any other weaponry.
- Bring any kind of ranged weapons (even a ramshackle crossbow is fine) to aggro lots of wild animals in the cave and make them fall in the lava caves. It makes the cave much easier, especially if you can send the Giga in the lava.
- Bringing sacrificial tames such as Carbonemys is a good idea to send them into the lava once you have shot it with a Pheromone Dart using a Longneck Rifle, drawing wild Dinos with it.
- Lesser Antidote will work fine if you get Mega Rabies from Megalania.
- It is completely possible to do the entire cave in around 35 mins with a set of Ghillie Armor and using some Cactus Broth , Where you just crawl through the cave and get zero aggro and no chance of losing tames; however, you cannot ascend unless the final boss is beaten (introduced in patch 267.0).
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Lava pits. Your unridden animals can easily fall into the lava from the narrow bridges, especially when they are on neutral and fighting the wild dinos. Because of this, it is recommended to bring more players rather than bringing in unridden dinos.
- Getting knocked off your mount.
- Massive swarms of high level dinos.
- The Giganotosaurus guarding the entrance to the portal.
- Extreme heat.
- The lava in the caldera in front of the gate (before entering the cave) hurts a lot, so make sure your Rexes don't step into it. Make sure you bring enough raw meat in case one of your Rexes misstep to be able to forcefeed them to max health if lava burned them.
- You will need cold weather gear, as after you pass the first area the temperature will drop to extreme cold and can kill you before you teleport to the next area. Which is also extremely cold.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Alpha Carno
- Alpha Raptor
- Alpha Rex
- Terror Bird
All creatures found in Tek Cave spawn above level 300 (with the exception of Giganotosaurus, which spawns at level 60, but can't be tamed), rendering them impossible to tame.
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Every dino except for the ones listed below can enter the cave, but no creature will be able to leave the cave until the overseer in its arena is beaten. (they will be transported to the entrance)
Following dino cannot enter the cave (due to the size), including all Aquatic and Flying creatures
Following dino cannot be warped into Overseer boss fight, but can enter the Tek Cave:
- Upon Ascending, you will have to respawn, select your character and you will be granted additional levels. You will lose all equipment except for the pc version of game.
- When you ascend, all the tames you brought in the caves will teleport to the entrance of the Cave.
- There is a bug where if you bring a shoulder pet and you ascend with it on your shoulder, it won't spawn at the entrance of the cave until you beat the cave again.
- You will need to be level 60, 80, or 100 to open the door.
- It is impossible to send a buried Reaper King into the Tek Cave; it will only move to the top of the gate and not inside when whipped towards the open gate.
- You are not able to use the Jetpack on the Tek Chestpiece or the Grappling Hook (however, the Jetpack does function during the Overseer encounter).
- Bring high level dinos with 100% imprint, like several Rexes, Allosauruses, and Yutyrannus, or try to speed along with a high level Thylacoleo or Megalania.
- A pack of 4 minimum, either high level or 100% imprint, of Allosauruses is reliable if you do not have enough Rexes. (Have them on Passive throughout the cave while you ride the leader. Right before the final fight, switch them to Aggressive. The pack will take care of the drones while you and the leader fight the Overseer)
- This is the only boss arena to permit Tek Tier equipment. Every other Boss Arena disallows such thing, excluding Rockwell.
- You will want to store ALL your player items in a dino so you will not lose them on Ascension. All the items you place into a dino's inventory before Ascension will guarantee no items lost. Ideal for players using Tek gear and do not want to craft them again after Ascension.
Version history[edit | edit source]
- First released in v257.0.
Gallery[edit | edit source]