From ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki
42.8° Lat, 39.2° Lon
The Tek Cave is a cave located at the summit of the volcano, and upon completing said cave, the player will Ascend.
Tribute Requirement[edit | edit source]
The following items are needed to open the Tek Cave entrance:
|Gamma Broodmother Trophy||1|
|Gamma Megapithecus Trophy||1|
|Gamma Dragon Trophy||1|
|Beta Broodmother Trophy||1|
|Beta Megapithecus Trophy||1|
|Beta Dragon Trophy||1|
|Alpha Broodmother Trophy||1|
|Alpha Megapithecus Trophy||1|
|Alpha Dragon Trophy||1|
|Alpha Raptor Claw||1||1|
|Alpha Carnotaurus Arm||1||1|
|Alpha Tyrannosaur Tooth||1||1|
|Alpha Megalodon Fin||1|
|Alpha Mosasaur Tooth||1|
|Alpha Tusoteuthis Eye||1|
|Alpha Leedsichthys Blubber||1|
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Ghillie Armor to deal with the extreme heat.
- This cave is really hot, so you want to bring some Calien Soup along with Water.
- You would need a lot of powerful weapons. It is best to use ascendant items, such as several Rocket Launcher, a Tek Rifle, Tek Grenade, or any other weaponry.
- Bring any kind of ranged weapons (even a ramshackle crossbow is fine) to aggro lots of wild animals in the cave and make them fall in the lava caves. It makes the cave much easier, especially if you can send the Giga in the lava.
- Bringing sacrificial tames such as Carbonemys are a good idea to send into the lava once you have shot it with a Pheromone Dart, drawing wild Dinos with it.
- It is completely possible to do the entire cave in around 35 mins with a set of Ghillie Armor and using some Cactus Broth , Where you just crawl through the cave and get zero aggro and no chance of losing tames; however, you cannot ascend unless the final boss is beaten (introduced in patch 267.0).
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Lava pits. Your unridden animals can easily fall into the lava from the narrow bridges, especially when they are on neutral and fighting the wild dinos. Because of this, it is recommended to bring more players rather than bringing in unridden dinos.
- Getting knocked off your mount.
- Massive swarms of high level dinos.
- The Giganotosaurus guarding the entrance to the portal.
- Extreme heat.
- The lava in the caldera in front of the gate (before entering the cave) hurts a lot, so make sure your Rexes don't step into it. Make sure you bring enough raw meat in case one of your Rexes misstep to be able to forcefeed them to max health if lava burned them.
- You will need cold weather gear, as after you pass the first area the temperature will drop to extreme cold and can kill you before you teleport to the next area. Which is also extremely cold.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Alpha Carno
- Alpha Raptor
- Alpha Rex
- Terror Bird
Compatible Tamed Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Every dino except for aquatic, flying creatures, Giganotosaurus and the Titanosaur can enter the cave, but no creature will be able to leave the cave.
- The Spinosaurus can't enter the cave because of its sail.
- Upon Ascending, you will have to respawn, select your character and you will be granted additional levels. You will lose all equipment except for the pc version of game.
- When you ascend, all the tames you brought in the caves will teleport to the entrance of the Cave (Make sure you take out anything valuable before ascending because anything left inside their inventories will be lost).
- There is a bug where if you bring a shoulder pet and you ascend with it on your shoulder, it won't spawn at the entrance of the cave until you beat the cave again.
- You will need to be level 60, 80, or 100 to open the door.
- You are not able to use the Jetpack on the Tek Chestpiece or the Grappling Hook.
- Bring high level dinos with 100% imprint, like several Rexes, Allosauruses, and Yutyrannus, or try to speed along with a high level Thylacoleo or Megalania.
- A pack of 4 minimum, either high level or 100% imprint, of Allosauruses is reliable if you do not have enough Rexes. (Have them on Passive throughout the cave while you ride the leader. Right before the final fight, switch them to Aggressive. The pack will take care of the drones while you and the leader fight the Overseer)
Version history[edit | edit source]
- First released in v257.0.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Plains||Eastern Plains • The Frigid Plains • Western Plains|
|Islands||Cragg's Island • Dead Island • Footpaw • Redwood Forests • Southern Islets • South Haven/Herbivore Island|
|Mountains||Far's Peak • Frozen Tooth • Grand Hills • Red Peak • Volcano • Weathertop • Whitesky Peak • Winter's Mouth|
|Beaches||Northeast Shores • Northern Shores • Southeast Shores • Western Coast • Western Approach|
|Forests||Eastern Forest • Southern Jungle|
|Other||Deep Island • Derilect Ship • Drayo's Cove • Gulch of Lamentation • Hidden Lake • The Maw • Smuggler's Pass • The Writhing Swamps|
|Ruins||Beach Ruins • Jungle Ruins • Mountain Ruins • Redwood Forest Ruins • Snow Ruins • Swamp Ruins|
|Caves||Caverns of Lost Hope • Caverns of Lost Faith • Central Cave • Lava Cave • Lower South Cave • North East Cave • North West Cave • Snow Cave • Swamp Cave • Tek Cave • Upper South Cave|
|Arenas||Broodmother Arena • Dragon Arena • Megapithecus Arena • Overseer Arena|