Tek Sleeping Pod (Aberration)
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Aberration|
|Tek Sleeping Pod|
|This Tek-powered Chamber lets you rapidly recover vitals, and slowly gain XP even when sleeping. You can also sleep soundly within it, protected even while on a moving platform!|
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_Bed_Tek.PrimalItemStructure_Bed_Tek'" 1 0 0
cheat unlockengram "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_Bed_Tek.PrimalItemStructure_Bed_Tek'"
|Crafted in||Tek Replicator|
The Tek Sleeping Pod is a structure that acts as a spawn point and fast-travel location for players and their Tribes. Players can respawn here upon death, or fast-travel to and from it using another bed. The Tek Sleeping Pod is the upgraded version of the Bunk Bed. It is part of the Tek Tier-building set, thus requires to be powered by a Tek Generator to sleep inside. When unpowered, the Tek Sleeping Pod will still function as a bed (for fast travel) for all survivors, regardless of having the required tekgram for use.
Acquiring[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
When a player dies, they can choose to respawn at any Beds that they own, instead of using the standard "random respawn" feature (although this option is still available). The respawn map that the dead player sees will show map markers at all available beds.
Unlike Hide Sleeping Bag, Beds are not consumed upon use and can be reused infinitely and by any tribe member. However, they have a 2.5 minute cooldown between uses. Compared to the Simple Bed, the respawn cooldown is lower, which means players can respawn more frequently at the Tek Sleeping Pod.
The player can also use multiple beds for Fast-Traveling by pressing the use key on a bed (default: e), or through the radial action menu (default: hold e). The player can then travel from this bed to any other bed that they have access to. However, using this feature will cause the player to drop all the items they are carrying at the bed that they fast-traveled from, so it is best to store these items beforehand.
To sleep in a bed use the radial menu when holding the Use key (e, , ), point to the option to lay down but do not click it, then release the Use key.
While the Tek Sleeping Pod does not provide two player support, unlike the Bunk Bed, health rapidly regenerates whilst the player is sleeping inside, and experience continues to trickle even while asleep. As long as the structure remains, the player inside is well protected from the elements of the outside world, even if he or she is inside a moving platform or a platform saddle so long as it is powered.
In addition to regenerating health and boosting XP Gain while in use, it also regenerates thirst and hunger while reducing torpor. Moreover, it removes any aberrant spore debuffs and removes any radiation.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tek Sleeping Pod can be placed on foundations and ceilings.
- Tek Sleeping Pod can be renamed through the radial action menu. This will make it easier to sort through multiple beds when selecting a respawn or fast-travel location.
- Bags and Beds can be used interchangeably. You can fast-travel from a bed to a bag, and vice versa.
- Prior to 275.4, there was a bug that kills Reaper Gestation when used. This has been fixed.
- Remember that in Hardcore mode there are no respawns, and you lose your character (and therefore tribe membership) upon death. So Beds and Sleeping Bags are only used for Fast-Travel.
- Because of the sleeping pods' high amount of health, It can be used to protect ones body from a raid.
- The Tek Sleeping Pod was created by Diana (One of the writers of the Explorer Notes) and her tribe mates using spare Element from their previous base of operations.
- While learning of Tekgram is required to interact the Sleeping Pod, it is not required for fast travelling to other beds or towards it.
- The Tek Sleeping Pod (Aberration) is treated as a stone structure and can only be damaged by:
- Metal Weapons (5%)
- Tek Sword (~218%)
- Explosives (150%)
- Ballista Turret (40%)
- Cannon (~137%)
- Therizinosaur (Headbutt only, ~2%)
- Dunkleosteus (15%)
- Corrupted Creatures
- Alpha Predators (10%)
- Enraged Creatures
- DodoRex (300%)
- Dodo Wyvern (300%)
- Bosses (10%)
- Titanosaur (~462%)
- Defense Unit (~462%)
- These can damage stone, but can not damage auto turrets: