|DLC for ARK with new map|
|Content Type||Expansion Map|
|PC Release Date||May 17th, 2016|
|Xbox Release Date||May 17th, 2016|
|PS4 Release Date||December 6th, 2016|
|Switch Release Date||Unreleased|
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: The Center|
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Center originated as a custom map by modder Ben “EvilMrFrank” Burkart. It was added to ARK: Survival Evolved as free DLC in PC patch 241.0 and Xbox One update 734.0. It underwent a "mega-update" that added the Redwood Forests in PC patch 245.0 and was released on Xbox One and PS4.
The Center DLC has a default difficulty level of 5.0 which means wild dinos up to level 150 and better loot quality from supply drops. Prior to January 2017, Giganotosaurus had an extremely rare chance to spawn anywhere on the map; now Giganotosaurus will only spawn in a few areas such as the Lava Island and Northern Snowy Mountain.
The Center Map[edit | edit source]
The Center consists of multiple climatic and geological regions, including several that are not featured on The Island map. The map's most notable feature, a colossal floating island, can be found to the West of the map surrounded by treacherous swamps. To the far North, an active volcanic island can be found covered in basalt, lava, and dangerous predators. Numerous islands covered in jungles, tropical shorelines, mountains, and ancient ruins dot the varied archipelago. A unique set of caves push survivors to their limits in search of the Artifacts and their hidden rewards. Descend into Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth where survivors will find themselves in a self-sufficient underground ecosystem far beneath the lush jungles. Similarly, survivors can dive down to either of two underwater domes to build their own naval bases of Atlantean proportions!
Regions[edit | edit source]
Approximate Spawn Locations[edit | edit source]
Data Maps[edit | edit source]
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Alpha Carnotaurus
- Dung Beetle
- Giant Bee
- Diseased Leech
- Alpha Leedsichthys
- Alpha Megalodon
- Alpha Mosasaur
- Tek Parasaur
- Tek Quetzal
- Tek Raptor
- Alpha Raptor
- Tek Rex
- Alpha T-Rex
- Sabertooth Salmon
- Tek Stegosaurus
- Terror Bird
- Alpha Tusoteuthis
- Woolly Rhinoceros
- Broodmother Lysrix
- Broodmother Lysrix (Gamma) - The Center Arena
- Broodmother Lysrix (Beta) - The Center Arena
- Broodmother Lysrix (Alpha) - The Center Arena
- Megapithecus (Gamma) - The Center Arena
- Megapithecus (Beta) - The Center Arena
- Megapithecus (Alpha) - The Center Arena
In other words, all Creatures that can be found on The Island can be found somewhere on The Center, except for the Polar Bear, the Purlovia - Snow Cave, the Unicorn, the Attack Drone, the Defense Unit, the Dragon and the Overseer.
Event Creatures[edit | edit source]
Creatures that only spawned during an Event:
- Bunny Dodo
- Bunny Oviraptor
- Skeletal Bronto
- Skeletal Carnotaurus
- Skeletal Giganotosaurus
- Skeletal Quetzal
- Skeletal Raptor
- Skeletal Rex
- Skeletal Stego
- Skeletal Trike
- Super Turkey
Items[edit | edit source]
All items from the base game are available on The Center.
Artifacts[edit | edit source]
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to January 2017, Giganotosaurus was able to spawn anywhere in the overworld of The Center including beaches and small islands; now they only spawn in a few areas like Lava Island
- On PvP servers, any structures in Caves, the Underground World, Underwater Domes, and any of the Ancient Ruins will take 3x damage.
- There is a massive underground crystal cave that lies along the southern portion of the cliffs that form the Edge of the World. Similar to the Underground World but filled with cosmetic crystals all over as well as a small but detailed cosmetic ruin.
- On Xbox since v757: If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend2. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
- On PS4 since v510: If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island ascension, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend1. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- ARK: The Center - Expansion Pack on Steam
- https://sites.google.com/site/jagidspage/ark/thecenter Map Info
Webresources[edit | edit source]
- A high quality(16K) map of The Center with resource locations and other useful info can be found at AllGameMaps.com
References[edit | edit source]