|This article is about the first DLC map. For the floating island of the same name, see The Center (Floating Island).|
|This article is about a feature exclusive to the DLC: The Center|
The Center originated as a custom map by modder Ben “EvilMrFrank” Burkart. It was added to ARK: Survival Evolved as free DLC in PC patch 241.0 and Xbox One update 734.0. It underwent a "mega-update" that added the Redwood Forests in PC patch 245.0 and has recently been released on Xbox One and PS4.
The Center consists of multiple climatic and geological regions, including several that are not featured on The Island map. The map's most notable feature, a colossal floating island, can be found to the West of the map surrounded by treacherous swamps. To the far North, an active volcanic island can be found covered in basalt, lava, and dangerous predators. Numerous islands covered in jungles, tropical shorelines, mountains, and ancient ruins dot the varied archipelago. A unique set of caves push survivors to their limits in search of the Artifacts and their hidden rewards. Descend into Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth where survivors will find themselves in a self-sufficient underground ecosystem far beneath the lush jungles. Similarly, survivors can dive down to either of two underwater domes to build their own naval bases of Atlantean proportions!
The Center DLC has a default difficulty level of 5.0 which means wild dinos up to level 150 and better loot quality from supply drops. Prior to January 2017, Giganotosaurus had an extremely rare chance to spawn anywhere on the map; now Giganotosaurus will only spawn in a few areas such as the Lava Island and Northern Snowy Mountain.
Regions[edit | edit source]
Notice: The below region information is incomplete (as regions do not yet have official names) and will be added to/changed in the near future.
North / Northeast[edit | edit source]
East[edit | edit source]
Central[edit | edit source]
West[edit | edit source]
South[edit | edit source]
Approximate Spawn Locations[edit | edit source]
Data Maps[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to January 2017, Giganotosaurus was able to spawn anywhere in the overworld of The Center including beaches and small islands; now they only spawn in a few areas like Lava Island
- On PvP servers, any structures in Caves, the Underground World, Underwater Domes, and any of the Ancient Ruins will take 3x damage.
- There is a massive underground crystal cave that lies along the southern portion of the cliffs that form the Edge of the World. Similar to the Underground World but filled with cosmetic crystals all over as well as a small but detailed cosmetic ruin.
- On Xbox since v757: If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend2. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
- On PS4 since v510: If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island ascension, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend1. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
Web Resources[edit | edit source]
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Islands||The Center (Floating Island) • Eastern Islets • Half-Burnt Island • Lava Island • Scorched Island • Secluded Island • Skull Island • Northern Tropical Island • Southern Tropical Island|
|Mountains||Northern Snowy Mountain • Southern Snowy Mountain|
|Forests||Jungles Mid • Jungles North • Jungles South • Redwood Forests|
|Other||The Bridge • Cliffside Cavern • Edge of the World • Penguin Pond • The Swamps • Eastern Trench • Underground World • Underwater Domes|
|Caves||The Center Cave • East Lava Cave • Jungle Cave • North Ice Cave • South Ice Cave • West Lava Cave|
|Arenas||The Center Arena|
Here are only the official DLCs listed. For mods see there.
|Base Game Map||The Island|
|Expansions||Scorched Earth • Aberration|
|Maps||The Center • Ragnarok|
|Total Conversions||Primitive Plus|