|This article is about the default map. For the Center DLC map, see The Center. For the Scorched Earth DLC map, see Scorched Earth. For the Ragnarok DLC map, see Ragnarok. For the Aberration DLC map, see Aberration.|
The Island is the first known ARK.
|Content Type||Base Map|
|PC Release Date||June 2, 2015|
|Xbox Release Date||December 16, 2015|
|PS4 Release Date||December 6, 2016|
|Mobile Release Date||May 24th, 2018|
The Island is a map included with the base game of ARK Survival Evolved. It is the first known ARK.
The Island Map
The Island is an island surrounded by water. Resources become more common as one travels farther inland, but so do the dangers. Some areas are higher in temperature while others are lower which can be life threatening.
On The Island there are two types of Weather, Rain and Fog. When it rains, you will gain Water and be able to fill your Waterskin, Water Jar, or Canteen. When fog rolls in, it is hard to see very far.
|Regions of the The Island|
Approximate Spawn Locations
The following creatures can spawn on The Island:
- Attack Drone
- Alpha Carnotaurus
- Defense Unit
- Polar Bear
- Dung Beetle
- Giant Bee
- Diseased Leech
- Alpha Leedsichthys
- Alpha Megalodon
- Alpha Mosasaurus
- Polar Purlovia
- Tek Raptor
- Alpha Raptor
- Tek Rex
- Alpha Rex
- Sabertooth Salmon
- Tek Stegosaurus
- Terror Bird
- Titanomyrma Drone
- Titanomyrma Soldier
- Alpha Tusoteuthis
- Woolly Rhinoceros
Creatures that only spawned during an Event:
- Bunny Dodo
- Bunny Oviraptor
- Skeletal Bronto
- Skeletal Carnotaurus
- Skeletal Giganotosaurus
- Skeletal Quetzal
- Skeletal Raptor
- Skeletal Rex
- Skeletal Stego
- Skeletal Trike
- Super Turkey
As The Island is part of the story of the ARKs, Explorer Notes can be found across the map. These Explorer Notes document the ARK lore. For more in-depth information, see Explorer Notes.
In addition to the Explorer Notes found on The Island, Dino Dossiers can also be found, written by Helena Walker to document the research of the The Island's creatures. For more in-depth information, see Dino Dossier.
- On Xbox since v757: If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend2. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
- On PS4 since v510: If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island ascension, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend1. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
Custom Map by Kronix, edited by PiTi (a-calc.de)
- A high quality up to date interactive map with markers tools like teleport coordinates is available at allgamemaps.com
- A zoom-able map, that has infos about the regions, is available at arkmap.org
- A zoom-able and individually personalizable map is available at ark-survival.net
- A zoom-able, mark-able map is available at ARKdb.info
- A HD map (app. 40MB, German comments) can be found here: 
- Map to get coordinates for setplayerpos
- A few useful maps
- An Arabic version of the can be found here.
|Maps||Resource Map • Explorer Map • Creature Spawn Map|
|Plains||Eastern Plains • The Frigid Plains • Western Plains|
|Islands||Cragg's Island • Dead Island • Footpaw • Southern Islets • South Haven|
|Mountains||Far's Peak • Frozen Tooth • Grand Hills • Red Peak • Volcano • Weathertop • Whitesky Peak • Winter's Mouth|
|Beaches||Northeast Shores • Northern Shores • Southeastern Shores • Western Coast • Western Approach|
|Forests||Eastern Forest • Southern Jungle • Redwood Forests|
|Other||Deep Island • Derilect Ship • Drayo's Cove • Gulch of Lamentation • Hidden Lake • The Maw • Throat of Flame • Smuggler's Pass • The Writhing Swamps|
|Ruins||Beach Ruins • Jungle Ruins • Mountain Ruins • Redwood Forest Ruins • Snow Ruins • Swamp Ruins|
|Caves||Caverns of Lost Hope • Caverns of Lost Faith • Central Cave • Lava Cave • Lower South Cave • North East Cave • North West Cave • Snow Cave • Swamp Cave • Tek Cave • Upper South Cave|
|Arenas||Broodmother Arena • Dragon Arena • Megapithecus Arena • Overseer Arena|
Here are only the official DLCs listed. For mods see there.
|Base Game Map||The Island|
|Expansion Packs||Scorched Earth • Aberration • Extinction|
|Expansion Maps||The Center • Ragnarok|
|Total Conversions||Primitive Plus|