|The Island is the first known ARK.|
|Content Type||Base Map|
|PC Release Date||June 2, 2015|
|Xbox Release Date||December 16, 2015|
|PS4 Release Date||December 6, 2016|
|Mobile Release Date||May 24th, 2018|
|Switch Release Date||November 30th, 2018|
The Island is a map included with the base game of ARK: Survival Evolved. It is the first known ARK.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Island Map[edit | edit source]
The Island is a large landmass with several smaller islands surrounding the central island. Resources become more common as one travels farther inland, but so do the dangers. Some areas are higher in temperature while others are lower which can be life threatening.
On The Island there are two types of Weather, Rain and Fog. When it rains, you will gain Water and be able to fill your Waterskin, Water Jar, or Canteen. When fog rolls in, it is hard to see very far.
Regions[edit | edit source]
|Regions of the The Island|
Approximate Spawn Locations[edit | edit source]
Data Maps[edit | edit source]
Creatures[edit | edit source]
The following creatures can spawn on The Island:
- Alpha Carnotaurus
- Alpha Leedsichthys
- Alpha Megalodon
- Alpha Mosasaur
- Alpha Raptor
- Alpha T-Rex
- Alpha Tusoteuthis
- Attack Drone
- Broodmother Lysrix
- Defense Unit
- Dire Bear
- Dung Beetle
- Giant Bee
- Polar Bear
- Polar Purlovia
- Sabertooth Salmon
- Tek Parasaur
- Tek Quetzal
- Tek Raptor
- Tek Rex
- Tek Stegosaurus
- Terror Bird
- Woolly Rhino
Event Creatures[edit | edit source]
Creatures that only spawned during an Event:
- Bunny Dodo
- Bunny Oviraptor
- Party Dodo
- Skeletal Bronto
- Skeletal Carnotaurus
- Skeletal Giganotosaurus
- Skeletal Quetzal
- Skeletal Raptor
- Skeletal Rex
- Skeletal Stego
- Skeletal Trike
- Super Turkey
Explorer Notes[edit | edit source]
Artifacts[edit | edit source]
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many of the dossiers involving the ocean creatures on the island have various misconceptions (there is the upcoming TLC phase 3 however so some of this is possibly subject to change).
- within the Megalodon dossier it states that "Were it not restricted to the waters, Carcharodon ultramegalodon would be one of the most dangerous creatures on the island." which is extremely exaggerated considering it's stats are lower than creatures such as the rex or spino by a considerable amount and even then its not nearly as strong as other oceanic predators such as mosas, tusos and even plesiosaurs which the dossier claims the megalodons hunted them and that the megalodons were even the apex predators before helena discovered the mosasaurus.
- In the Mosasaurus dossier it is accidentally called Tylosaurus which is a related species however its likely a mistake as in the actual text for the mosasaurus its just called mosasaurus and not tylosaurus.
- In the Plesiosaur dossier it states that plesiosaurs only hunt things small like humans however in game they will attack just about anything including megalodons and mosasaurus.
- In the Tusoteuthis dossier it is given a incorrect size as its stated to be 30 feet long however in the mosasaurus dossier the mosa is stated to be 50 feet long which in game the tusoteuthis is actually larger than the mosasaurus.
- In the Cnidaria dossier its stated to not be generally aggressive and dont have a very good perception however they will track and shock creatures and even chase them which is nothing like the dossier.
- Finally within both the Mosasaurus and the Plesiosaur dossier it's stated that they make fantastic bases however this could not be farther from the truth as the structures built on them arent water proof and do not provide oxygen meaning unless you use scuba gear you will drown eventually.
- On Xbox since v757: If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend2. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
- On PS4 since v510: If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island ascension, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend1. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
- Every single story ark has their own themes with the island ark in particular being based around prehistoric animals mostly.
- In lore, Helena notes about many things about the Island's abnormal ecology.
- The Island almost has a 2 to 1 predator to prey ratio, the complete opposite of how an ecosystem works where prey always outnumbers predators.
- Obelisks dot the Island in different colors.
- Creatures of different time periods are coexisting.
- Once tamed, the creatures are suddenly obedient to the survivors.
- Gestation rates of all the creatures are abnormally quick.
- Tames of different species never fight amongst each other.
- Dead Island and the South Haven Island shouldn't be existing due to them having only predators and herbivores respectively. Helena notes that predators are prone to carry parasites in their meat and based on facts, herbivores overpopulating an area results in the population starving to death due to lack of food for the massive population.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
|309.4||The lava on The Island in caves and the lava in the Wyvern trench on S.E. will no longer damage Magmasaur|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Custom Map by Kronix, edited by PiTi (a-calc.de)
[edit | edit source]
Webresources[edit | edit source]
- A high quality up to date interactive map with markers tools like teleport coordinates is available at allgamemaps.com
- A zoom-able and individually personalizable map is available at ark-survival.net
- A zoom-able, mark-able map is available at ARKdb.info
- A HD map (app. 40MB, German comments) can be found here: 
- Map to get coordinates for setplayerpos
- A few useful maps
- An Arabic version of the can be found here.