The Lair (Valguero)
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Valguero|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Epic Games.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Lair is a cave system located in the southern ends of the Valguero map in the midst of the Redwood Forests. Beware of the Broodmother who nests at the entrance with her swarm of Araneos.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Poisonous Gas (Negated by wearing Gas Masks or full set SCUBA)
- 3x Creature level limit, up to Lv.450 by default settings
- Broodmother guarding the entrance (Evitable)
- Catching Swamp Fever from Diseased Leeches
- Meganeura and Leech swarm
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Very Common[edit | edit source]
Common[edit | edit source]
Uncommon[edit | edit source]
Very Uncommon[edit | edit source]
Rare[edit | edit source]
Very Rare[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
From Local Creatures[edit | edit source]
Compatible Tamed Creature[edit | edit source]
- If a creature is blocked by the first choke point(the double holes), it won't be able to reach any artifacts and will be marked as "Not Recommended".
- If blocked by the second one(crouching needed), it can at least clear the way to Artifact of the Pack and Artifact of the Strong.
- Bloodstalkers can fit thru the entire length of the cave and can easily get past the underwater part, as well as dispatching arthros from a distance, arguably the best mount for the cave. (Note there seems to be a glitch where if you die while riding a Dino that Dino will fall through the map)
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Broodmother is the 4th dungeon boss in the game with the others being the Iceworm Queen in the Frozen dungeon, the Lava Elemental in the Forest dungeon and the Spirit Direbear and Spirit Direwolf in the Lifes Labyrinth dungeon all 3 of which are on Ragnarok.
- It is highly recommended to take Gas Mask or full SCUBA suit to avoid damages from the gas in the cave. Bring multiple in case they are broken by Arthropluera.
- Leeches are in this cave so bring the materials to make a fire.
- There is a part of the cave where even a Raptor/Deinonychus cannot fit that is about halfway through the cave; However a Deinonychus can scale the wall of the cliff/ledge just before the Artifact of the strong and still access that part of the cave. Fully Traversable with a Deinonychus.
- The entrance is at the bottom of the northern end of the spider trench.
- The Broodmother spawns outside of the cave itself in the ramp area down to the cave. You can go around her with a Deinonychus by going straight through to the cave, or drop into the trench at the cave entrance.
- She also takes more damage and deals less damage than the Arena and Island boss versions of the broodmother. Damage taken is somewhere around 3-4x.
- Health of the Wild Broodmother at level 20 was 578,000. At level 77, 1,166,400. So bring plenty of damage!
- Strategy to kill can be shooting down from the nearby cliff edges with either a shotgun or other weapons as you deal approx 4x damage. You could also bring four Rexes and use a cryopod to hold them as you go into the cave.
- Multiple Broodmother can be present at one time.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]