Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Lost Temple (Valguero)
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Valguero|
The Lost Temple is a location in the Valguero DLC. The mysterious site is hidden deep inside the jungles of Valguero and permits entrance to a cave system containing two artifacts; the Artifact of the Brute and Artifact of the Devourer.
Overview[edit | edit source]
As the name suggests, The Lost Temple is a mysterious location, hidden deep in the jungles of Valguero. The entrance to the cave, rewarding the brave survivor with not one, but two Artifacts, is hidden behind the former entrance to The Lost Temple.
Stalactites hanging from the ceilings and stalagmites growing on the grounds litter the caves, while the Aberration large glowing crystals eternalize the Earth's age in the caverns The Lost Temple permits access to.
The dangers of the cave are not so much in the inhabitants, but by the length and fall dangers in the final cavern. With proper preparation the cave is fairly easy, for a beginning survivor it is challenging enough though.
The Lost Temple hosts the Artifact of the Brute and Artifact of the Devourer, needed to summon Megapithecus (one of the three bosses on Valguero) on Alpha and Gamma difficulty respectively, and as with all mysteries of The Lost Temple, the Alpha Artifact is much easier to obtain than the Gamma Artifact.
Along the way, the survivor can enjoy a diverse array of breathtaking sights in The Lost Temple cave.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Fall damage
- Electrocution by Electrophorus
- Stunning by Eurypterid
- Mega Rabies by Onyc
Recommended equipment[edit | edit source]
- Torch (and a spare one) and/or Light pet
- Metal Pick
- Pike for Pulmonoscorpius
- Ranged Weapons to kill eels, Arthropuera and bats from a distance
- Replacement Armor (for Arthropluera spits)
- SCUBA flippers for easier swimming (and/or high Oxygen stats)
- There is no Thatch or Wood in the cave so bring those along
- Time for a first time visit; 1.5-2 hours (including screenshots)
- Climbing Pick (many)
- Zip-Line Anchor (possibly with Ravager)
- Cryopod to get the Ravager to the final cavern (optional, it is possible to do with climbing picks)
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Very Common[edit | edit source]
Common[edit | edit source]
Uncommon[edit | edit source]
Very Uncommon[edit | edit source]
Rare[edit | edit source]
Very Rare[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
From Local Creatures[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With the additional mod Valguero Dino and Map Extension (ID: 1786522940), the Megalania Dossier can be found in the cave system.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]