Frozen Dungeon (Ragnarok)
(Redirected from The Tunnels (Ragnarok))
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Ragnarok|
31.3° Lat, 33.7° Lon
30.9° Lat, 37.8° Lon
30.9° Lat, 37.8° Lon
Overview[edit | edit source]
This cave contains the Artifact of the Pack.
The Iceworm Queen is the final boss of this dungeon.
There are two entrances:
- 31.3, 33.7: waterfall entrance (tool or arrow/bullet needed to break the ice waterfall)
- 30.9, 37.8: flyer entrance
The entrance to the Iceworm Queen Arena is located here.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Extreme Cold
- Lots of Iceworms
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bring high level mounts to handle the Direbears in the first part of the cave, though they have a low aggro range, so can be bypassed fairly easily.
- Riot Armor or Fur Armor with fabricated weapons
- Metal or Riot Shields: See below.
- Fria Curry to help against the extreme cold.
- Wearing an Otter, with a high melee damage stat, will help a lot against the cold.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On unofficial servers that allow cave fliers, the first part of the cave is trivial and scattered with blue and yellow Loot Crates. You can easily maneuver around the Direbears and obtain the loot quickly while on the back of a Pteranodon, Argentavis, Griffin, or even the Wyvern. However, be warned that Direbears up to about level 500 can be found in this cave and can deal tremendous damage if angered.
- Once past the Direbears, you will have to trek the rest of the way on foot or bring an army of very small creatures.
- Grappling Hooks can not be used in this cave. However, grappling hooks from mods (such as Reusable Grappling Hook) do not suffer this restriction.
- At first glance one would be expected to think that this cave would be extremely difficult due to Deathworms with 20,000 Health. However, the Iceworm Males only have 1700 Health. The best method of approach to the second part of the cave is to have someone carry high-quality Metal or Riot shields, aggro the worms with the shield up, then have someone move in with a shotgun or other high-dps weapon to deal the damage. Iceworms can't damage someone holding up a shield against them. Watch the shield durability though!
- Red loot crates exist deep within the cave, making them harder to get to than the others.
- The exit to the cave appears to be a one-way path that leads out of a waterfall into a pond down beneath. While not required, it may be preferred to bring a parachute.
- It is advisable to set a flier at the mouth of the pond you fall into, as otherwise leaving the massive basin will be tedious and require going all the way to the beach
- This cave is an excellent place to bring a thylacoleo if fliers are unavailable, as they are capable of entering through either entrance and their combination of climbing and high melee damage enables them to fight or evade the direbears
- The entrances have an incredible amount of wind noise
- Creepily, there are, scattered throughout the tunnels, the frozen bodies of past adventurers. In the chamber of the Iceworm Queen, frozen corpses of many dinosaurs are piled everywhere.