|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Extinction|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
Titans are a unique variant of Bosses found on Corrupted Earth in Extinction. As a roaming-summoned Boss, they can only be summoned from their arena-specific flooring through activating the terminal found within dungeon-depths of the cave before being seen in the map. Unlike other bosses, however, these can be tamed by eradicating the corruption emerging around their body parts. Also unlike other Bosses, which appear as level 1, all Titans arrive at Level 1000 or above with each titan having a specified level (and will gain boosted level depending on its taming efficiency), which is impossible to achieve for any other tamed creature without cheating. This means that if killing of the boss is the main reasons for summoning it, conventional methods of killing it like swarming around with bred Rex, Giganotosaurus or Therizinosaur is out of the question as its melee damage are much more devastating than any of the other bosses seen so far, even to the point of possibly 1-shoting them if not careful enough even with decent saddle armor or natural resistance.
Once all the corruption has been expelled from the Titan, it will fall down unconscious. All the survivor needs to do is to "use" to tame the titan. There will be a Tek Platform saddle already pre-equipped onto the the Titan. All of the Titans except the King Titan can be permanently tamed in Single Player. Another thing to note is that Titans cannot be leveled or earn XP through any ways; they will remain at the level they are tamed at.Prior to Patch 287.110, Titans were able to be fed with Kibble to prevent them from starving to death.
Each Titan requires different type of strategies when removing the corruption if the survivor intends to tame them, as the corrupting tumor spawns at random spots on the Titan whenever another tumor is destroyed or after a set period of time. This, alongside each Titan's different attack patterns, makes it imperative to prepare accordingly. Also, the Titans remain within the center of their respective summon locations (except for the Desert Titan). If they move too far from it, not only will they start to move back, their health will quickly regenerate.
Transferring of Titan is possibly, but is only permitted within the first few hours after its tamed. Thereafter, it is no longer transferrable. If the Titan is unclaimed and claimed by another tribe, or recently transferred, it will lose all its food and start starving.
List of Titans[edit | edit source]
|Common / In Game NameName||Released||Diet||Temperament||TameableTame||RideableRide||BreedableBreed||Saddle LevelSaddle||Feces SizeFeces||Entity ID|
|Alpha King Titan||Unknown||Highly Aggressive||No||No||No||N/A||Small||KingKaiju_Character_BP_Alpha_C|
|Beta King Titan||Unknown||Highly Aggressive||No||No||No||N/A||Small||KingKaiju_Character_BP_Beta_C|
|Desert Titan||Unknown||Highly Aggressive||Yes||Yes||No||Bareback||Unknown||DesertKaiju_Character_BP_C|
|Forest Titan||Unknown||Highly Aggressive||Yes||Yes||No||Bareback||Unknown||ForestKaiju_Character_BP_C|
|Gamma King Titan||Unknown||Highly Aggressive||No||No||No||N/A||Small||KingKaiju_Character_BP_C|
|Ice Titan||Unknown||Highly Aggressive||Yes||Yes||No||Bareback||Unknown||IceKaiju_Character_BP_C|
There are 6 Titans (including variants).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ice Titan was shown in the trailer for Extinction and more information was given during one of the Community Livestreams.
- The Forest Titan was shown in the first Extinction teaser image for Extinction Chronicles IV.
- Developers have confirmed that Titans are temporary tames (1 day).
- All Titans are classed as "Wild", unlike any of the Bosses. After taming, based on the damaged done to the Titan, its prefix changes to "Gamma", "Beta" or "Alpha" (or none at all) next to its original name.
- Prior to this, the stat it possess was based on how much health it had left, but due to its quick regeneration upon strafing too far from the center point of summon, it was easily exploitable.
- Before v287.100 its lifetime was 5 days.
- in the dossiers it is mentioned that there were once far more titans and considering all the titans in extinction are vastly different from one another it can be assumed that every titan was unique in it's own way (Ex:fire titan, water titan, etc).