|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|Provides light, and some warmth. Doubles as a melee weapon in a pinch, and can be applied to various saddles for a mobile light source.|
cheat giveitemnum 37 1 0 0
cheat GFI Torch 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_WeaponTorch.PrimalItem_WeaponTorch'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 1|
|Engram Points||0 EP|
|Crafting XP||1.2 XP|
The Torch is a tool which provides light and warmth to players, which is especially useful during the night or while in caves or other dark places. Players automatically know the torch Engram as soon as they enter the game.
Burn Time[edit | edit source]
- Thrown Torch: 13 minutes 15 seconds
- Primitive Torch 100% Durability: 15 minutes
- Apprentice Torch 101.47% Durability: ~100 minutes
- In standing torch's inventory Durability: 2 hours, 57 minutes and 20 seconds.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The torch can be placed into a Standing Torch or Wall Torch as a fuel source and the Durability effects the burning duration.
- As long as the Torch is equipped, its durability will decrease. A Torch lasts for about 15 minutes of use. An Apprentice Torch with 101.47% durability will last approximately 40 minutes.
- Holding the torch will provide 50 points of hypothermal insulation and -25 points of hyperthermal insulation.
- The torch can also be thrown onto the ground while lit by holding it then dropping with (default Rmb, , ). However, it will decompose within a set time.
- Attacking players and creatures with the torch(with some exceptions, such as the Rock Elemental and the Titanosaur) can set them on fire, causing damage for short amount of time. This can be quite effective against armored players, as the fire ignores armor and deals significant damage. If combined with a bola, your chances of winning a fight are greatly increased. Making multiple torches is also recommended as they break quickly when used as a weapon.
- Torches can be attached to most dino saddles the same way a skin is (allowing you to use a two-handed weapon mounted while still benefiting from a torch)