Basic Info[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Unicorn will appear as a rare variant of the Equus, passively trotting around The Island. When in the presence of a Human, they will become startled and run away. Only one wild Unicorn may exist at a time, making these Creatures even more difficult to find.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Unicorn is similar to the Equus, with the only noticeable differences being the white color and the horn that protrudes out of the Unicorn's head.
Color Scheme and Regions[edit | edit source]
The Unicorn always spawns with the same color scheme and has no color regions.
This means it is currently impossible to make alterations to the Unicorn's natural spawn colors.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Base Stats and Growth[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
Taming[edit | edit source]
All numbers in these charts are inaccurate as of now. Still need more testing before saying by how much with any accuracy. For now have AT LEAST 10 extra Kibble for Kibble tames so as not to be under and lose the tame due to having to jump off. (update: a 150 Equus requires 31 Troodon Kibble to tame. Times appear to be the same though only a longer total because of the extra feeding intervals)
|Sweet Vegetable Cake||60||00:48||0:48:00|
|Sweet Vegetable Cake||141||00:48||1:52:48|
|Sweet Vegetable Cake||225||00:48||3:00:00|
|Sweet Vegetable Cake||310||00:48||4:08:00|
|Sweet Vegetable Cake||394||00:48||5:15:12|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.
Preferred Food[edit | edit source]
Taming Strategy[edit | edit source]
Utility[edit | edit source]
Roles[edit | edit source]
- Residue Factory: In ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile, the Unicorn excretes Unicorn Residue. Unicorn Residue has many uses, including consumption for a Health, Stamina, and Food boost, while making the survivor dizzy and hallucinative. Unicorn Residue can also be used to create Magical Notes, fish for Leedsichthys, and craft Eery Candy.
- Stylish Steed: The Unicorn has a very beautiful appearance, and riding around on it is a way of showing a tamed Unicorn off. Furthermore, in ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile, the Unicorn produces rainbows when jumping, and come with their own names.
Weight Reduction[edit | edit source]
Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Unicorn, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- Unicorns mostly spawn in west zones 1 and 2 on The Island, but are still relatively rare.
- Wild Unicorns have a yellow outline while viewed with tek helmet in scan mode.
- Unicorns can breed with other Unicorns, but cannot do so with other Equus.
- In ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile, the baby Unicorn can be ridden. This is an intended feature of the game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]