Wind Turbine (Scorched Earth)
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Scorched Earth, Ragnarok|
|Converts the force of the wind into electricity.|
|2L × 1W × 8H|
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Structures/WindTurbine/PrimalItemStructure_WindTurbine.PrimalItemStructure_WindTurbine'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 50|
|Engram Points||18 EP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator |
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Resources breakdown [ ]
25 × Electronics
Usage[edit | edit source]
Provides electricity by conversion of wind energy.
Hold h in the game wherever you are, you'll see (map name) XX% W. This number means the amount of wind the area contains, and indicates roughly how often a turbine (or array of turbines) will produce power. Unknown regions count as 100%. Regions labeled as Wilderness in Scorched Earth count as 100%.
Multiple turbines in a single power grid can function independently of each other. This can be seen in game by placing turbines facing different directions in the same area. there is no guarantee any turbine will be on or off at the same time, building multiple turbines will yield better results for more reliable uptime.
Edit: The above seems wrong at least for single player versions. Wind turbines appear to stop working slightly randomly around 20% wind strength as displayed on the character screen near current temperature. However the wind strength appears to follow a set pattern for time of day. In 85% region tested 11am - 3pm game time was below 20% wind strength. Multiple turbines facing four directions made no change other than the slight randomness in the turn off time which during testing never exceeded 15mins game time.
Wind Map[edit | edit source]
This map shows the amount of wind on Scorched Earth.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After some server resets you may need to destroy and place wind turbines again to get them to power electrical grids.
- Generators using the enabled auto power feature will not power down when the wind turbine kicks back on. You will need to manually turn the generator back off.
- Prior to 281.107, Wind Turbines are affected by electrical storms.
- However, there was a glitch that did not affect the change properly, leaving them affected by electrical storm. This was patched at 283.101.
- A wind turbine will only reach a distance equal to 29 cable lengths from the turbine itself. Anything beyond that will be dead power lines. A generator 30 lengths away, and a turbine on the opposite end will not work. The turbine must be within 29 cable lengths of the generator. Cables and Electrical Outlets past the 29th cable will show as unpowered and thus will never power anything connected via Electrical Outlets past that point when the Wind Turbine is active. (See the bug section for more information about this behavior)
- Turbines will "snap" to existing power grids with cross, angled, or straight cables. The height of the end of the cable to the ground/foundation is more important than anything. Careful though, turbines may give false snap signals while around pillars, walls, gates, and the new giant hatch doors for the roof, never actually snapping to the power lines themselves.
- The Island and The Center also have wind strength, but its numerical value is not displayed in the game. Its strength seem to be different depending on the location in the map. However, there is no wind strength in Aberration and will not allow Wind Turbine to generate power due to said reason.
- Turbines at any windspeed lower than 60% effectiveness are simply pointless as for power generation can hardly power a chemistry bench for longer than 20 seconds.
- The Wind Turbine (Scorched Earth) is treated as a wooden structure and can not be damaged by hands, Stone weapons, or non-explosive ranged attacks.
- The following creatures can not damage the Wind Turbine (Scorched Earth):
- Dung Beetle
References[edit | edit source]