|A floating wooden platform that you can pilot across the water. Can support the weight of structures and be built on.|
cheat giveitemnum 414 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Items/Raft/PrimalItemRaft.PrimalItemRaft'" 1 0 0
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Items/Raft/Raft_BP.Raft_BP'" 500 0 0 1
|Required level||Level 16|
|Engram Points||11 EP|
|Purchased in|| Lumber Mill |
|Cost||100 × Cuts |
100 × Slips
The Wooden Raft is a player vehicle that allows for transportation on water. The Wooden Raft platform is useful for establishing a mobile base as structures, beds, and storage items can be placed directly on top. The Raft can also ignore build restrictions allowing you to build inside (Enemy foundation areas, including pillars, walls and even main structures). Good for new players needing to set down a place to build themselves up to survive while looking for a main base location.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Rafts are essentially the wooden boats of Ark with their many fundamental uses. They can be used as cargo ships transporting resources, other survivors and even large Creatures. With building modifications, Rafts can be a type of shelter, mobile home, a houseboat, or even built to be a battle ship for raiding and pirating other players. The sections below will teach you all you need to know about Rafts.
Controls[edit | edit source]
Controlling the raft is easy. Though because it is on water, it continues to slide some distance before stopping.
To start controlling the Raft press e, , .
You can move the raft any forward direction by pressing wasd, , and Move the Camera with the right sticks on PS4 or Xbox and the mouse on pc. The Raft cannot move in Reverse except only on Ark Mobile.
Hide/Unhide Sail[edit | edit source]
You can hide or unhide the raft's sail by pressing and holding e, , .
This makes it easier to see in front of the raft, especially if you've built structures on it.
Building[edit | edit source]
For more information and tips on building see also Building.
Many structures can be placed directly on the raft, however, walls and other building structures require a Foundation. Foundations does not snap to the raft, therefore careful placing is needed.
Players should not build foundations or structures obstructing the rudder (the stearing part of the raft, consisting of a lever and bottom rudder) or else will cause their survivor to become stuck in the structure.
Since the structures do not snap to the raft itself, it's best to use the wood lines in the raft's floor for aligning the floor foundations. To make tiny adjustments while rotating the foundation is to lower control or looking sensitivity.
The first thing a Raft Builder should do is place a floor foundation in either back corners of the raft. This will help later on when you are lowering floor foundations on the opposing side.
Using a pillar can make it possible to build a foundations base inside the boat, protecting the bottom and top from any damage till the foundation is removed. This method will also allow you to be able to build over the rudder.. Using ceilings, you may also extend the rafts size, however this must not be used to grief or exploit (PvE and Aesthetic uses allowed).
If you decide to build a mobile home on a raft, you should be aware that making your home too high can severely limit your visibility when sailing it. A small improvement is to hide the sail in the radial menu. You can use the Third-Person, Orbit Camera Mode (see your options for the key - hold the key, not just press once like the K-Mode), zoom out, and turn around moving the mouse. You can also move the camera beneath the raft to see creatures and other things in the water. But in selfie mode you can't change direction.
Limitations[edit | edit source]
- Structure limit: 88
- On private servers or single player you can change PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier.
- Height limit: Survivors can build up to 6 walls high above the raft, and up to 80 walls below it.
- Size limit: 9x9 (with the corners being cut off).
- Transponder Nodes will work on the raft, but must be placed on the raft itself rather than on placed structures
- C4 Charges do not attach to the Wooden Raft platform.
- The only way for a raft's ownership to be changed with structures on it. Is for a server admin to use Admin commands such as cheat ForcePlayerToJoinTargetTribe 0 to join another tribe and then cheat GiveAllStructure for transferring Ownership.
- No matter the size of the raft, it will fit through a 1 foundation wide gap. Structures inside the raft will not be affected by this clipping; any animals though (even if totally enclosed by walls) will be pushed off the raft if they collide with the obstacle.
Stats[edit | edit source]
The raft has 20,000 health in total, and is considered wood tier regarding to health. Metal pike does 20 damage, a grenade 788. The mast and helm are damageable by player attacks. Items inside of containers do not add to the raft's weight limit, and the raft itself does not store items. The raft has a total weight limit of 1800 units of the dinosaurs/structures on it.
- The Wooden Raft is treated as a wooden structure and can not be damaged by hands, stone weapons, or non-explosive ranged attacks.
- The following creatures can not damage the Wooden Raft:
- Dung Beetle
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Stay close to shore to avoid Leedsichthys. These are capable of destroying even the greatest of rafts. Be careful to not aggro dinosaurs (such as by taking an egg or accidentally hitting it with a hatchet) because they may destroy all your storage boxes. If you want to hunt dinos, leave your raft at base.
- Sarcos will not attack the driver (actively driving), but passengers, including tamed Dinosaurs, are fair game to it. If the tamed are not visible to the possible attackers though (surrounded by high walls or low walls with ceilings), they will be left alone.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Purely aquatic creatures, such as the Megalodon and Megapiranha, will not attack the raft if passengers or dinosaurs are on the raft.
- Because the resources needed to build a raft can be easily acquired, and building a raft grants you a whopping 80 XP, building rafts can be used to quickly level your character, especially during the earlier levels.
- Animals capable wearing platform saddles, such as Paracer, Brontosaurus, and Quetzal are unable to stand on other platforms, which includes the raft. When such an animal attempts to stand on a raft, it will slide right off it. The Quetzal, on the other hand, will automatically take off upon landing on the raft.
- If your raft appears to be stuck on land, try relogging. If this doesn't fix the issue, your raft may be stuck on a log or rock underneath it. Clear the resource and try again.
- Driving the Wooden Raft into a lava stream on The Center map will cause the raft to be pushed back and demolished.
- The Motorboat is the upgraded version of the Wooden Raft.
Painting and Color Regions
Instead, you can still doodle on it by "attacking" it with a Paintbrush, which will open the "Apply Paint" Menu. Then, click and drag your cursor over the 3D model (like a paintbrush) to draw anything you want. See Painting for more information on doodling.
Video[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]