|A floating wooden platform that you can pilot across the water. Can support the weight of structures and be built on.|
cheat giveitemnum 414 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Items/Raft/PrimalItemRaft.PrimalItemRaft'" 1 0 0
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Items/Raft/Raft_BP.Raft_BP'" 500 0 0 1
|Required level||Level 16|
|Engram Points||11 EP|
|Crafted in|| Inventory |
The Wooden Raft is a player vehicle that allows for transportation on water. The Wooden Raft platform is useful for establishing a mobile base as structures, beds, and storage items can be placed directly on top. Foundation pieces (such as a Metal Foundation or Stone Fence Foundation) must be used as a base to build structures on the raft.
Stats[edit | edit source]
The raft has 20,000 health in total, and is considered wood tier regarding to health. Metal pike does 20 damage, a grenade 788. The mast and helm are damageable by player attacks. Items inside of containers do not add to the raft's weight limit, and the raft itself does not store items. The raft has a total weight limit of 1800 units of the dinosaurs/structures on it.
Building[edit | edit source]
Many structures can be placed directly on the raft, however, walls and other building structures require either a foundation or a fence foundation. Foundations will not snap to the raft itself. Players should not build a foundation or structure obstructing the rudder, otherwise it will be difficult to start driving.
Using a pillar can make it possible to build a 3x3 foundation base inside the boat, protecting the bottom and top from any damage till the foundation is removed. This method will also allow you to be able to build over the rudder. However, this is likely an unintended bug.
One method to perfectly-align structures to a raft is to drag either a foundation or pillar to your hotbar, then press k and sail your boat in a straight line. You will notice the structure's preview will slowly align itself with the center of your raft; at this point, you may place the structure for absolute alignment.
If you decide to build a mobile home on a raft, you should be aware that making your home too high can severely limit your visibility when sailing it. A small improvement is to hide the sail in the radial menu. You can use the Selfie Camera Mode (see your options for the key - hold the key, not just press once like the K-Mode), zoom out, and turn around moving the mouse. You can also move the camera beneath the raft to see creatures and other things in the water. But in selfie mode you can't change direction.
Limitations[edit | edit source]
- Structure limit: 70 (now 88 with current patch)
- On private servers or single player you can change PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier.
- Height limit: Survivors can build up to 6 walls high above the raft, and up to 80 walls below it.
- Size limit: 9x9 (with the corners being cut off).
- Transponder Nodes will work on the raft, but must be placed on the raft itself rather than on placed structures
- C4 Charges do not attach to the Wooden Raft platform.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cannot reverse on console and PC, but on mobile.
- You can hide or unhide the raft's sail by pressing and holding e like you would on a tamed animal. This is makes it easier to see in front of the raft, especially if you've built structures on it.
- Purely aquatic creatures, such as the Megalodon and Megapiranha, will not attack the raft if passengers or dinosaurs are on the raft.
- Sarcos will not attack the driver (actively driving), but passengers, including tamed Dinosaurs, are fair game to it. If the tamed are not visible to the possible attackers though (surrounded by high walls or low walls with ceilings), they will be left alone.
- The otherwise passive Leedsichthys will actively destroy any rafts they see (not on mobile), unlike other marine life near the surface of the water. Great care should be taken if transporting newly tamed dinos or large quantities of storage on your raft.
- Because the resources needed to build a raft can be easily acquired, and building a raft grants you a whopping 80 XP, building rafts can be used to quickly level your character, especially during the earlier levels.
- Rafts require a Behemoth Gateway if you want to be able to enter/leave a walled-in area easily, however, a regular gateway is possible to pass through.
- No matter the size of the raft, it will fit through a 1 foundation wide gap. Structures inside the raft will not be affected by this clipping; any animals though (even if totally enclosed by walls) will be pushed off the raft if they collide with the obstacle.
- Animals capable wearing platform saddles, such as Paracer, Brontosaurus, and Quetzal are unable to stand on other platforms, which includes the raft. When such an animal attempts to stand on a raft, it will slide right off it. The Quetzal, on the other hand, will automatically take off upon landing on the raft.
- The Raft shouldn't get stuck on land. It will noclip into terrain up until a certain point but even when halted it can be turned on the spot by attempting to move forward and turning concurrently. However, due to the buggy nature of the no-clip, the raft will occasionally get stuck and only rotate in one place . It is advised to park your raft in shallow water to avoid losing your raft.
- If your raft appears to be stuck on land, try relogging. If this doesn't fix the issue, your raft may be stuck on a log or rock underneath it. Clear the resource and try again.
- Players should not log off on a raft if one of their tribe-members still plans on using it. This is because the unconscious bodies of player characters do not stay on a raft when it is sailing. Instead, the body stays in the spot where the player logged off, which results in it falling in the water and thus drowning. The next time the player logs on, he will see a screen telling him his character just died.
- Perfect alignment is sometimes impossible to achieve due to the foundation being displayed as being too far out. So far, this only occurs on "The Center" map.
- It is not possible to unclaim a raft, by normal means, when it has structures on it. A server admin is required in those cases.
- Driving the Wooden Raft into a lava stream on The Center map will cause the raft to be pushed back and demolished.
- The Motorboat is the upgraded version of the Wooden Raft.
Painting and Color Regions
Instead, you can still doodle on it by "attacking" it with a Paintbrush, which will open the "Apply Paint" Menu. Then, click and drag your cursor over the 3D model (like a paintbrush) to draw anything you want. See Painting for more information on doodling.