|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This page may contain spoiler related to the background-story of ARK: Survival Evolved.|
If you want to experience the story ingame, you probably shouldn't continue reading on this page.
ARKs are space stations posing as artificial, self-sustainable environments in ARK: Survival Evolved.
Maps[edit | edit source]
Currently, there are 6 official ARKs, 3 of which are canon and 3 of which are non-canon:
- The Island, an island ARK.
- Scorched Earth, a barren desert ARK.
- Aberration, a malfunctioned, subterranean ARK.
- The Center, a region-divided island ARK.
- Ragnarok, a giant island ARK.
- Valguero, an expansive land-locked ARK.
Lore[edit | edit source]
ARKs are space stations intended to house living organisms such as Humans, Creatures, and Plants. These ARKs were sent up prior to a global-level extinction event in which Element wiped out the Humans.
When a certain signal is given from the Earth through a strange Tek machine via a Specimen Implant, this causes all ARK to slowly descend onto earth, forming a giant seed that blooms over the Earth's wasteland, turning it into a blooming environment that once was before the global-level extinction event, and eventually rid the raw, corrupt Element that had overgrown over it.
Homo Deus[edit | edit source]
Homo Deus are beings created to watch over the ARKs. According to HLNA, they are energy-based beings who live in another reality and was an option of escape for humanity. But the Homo Deus were instead integrated into the ARKs. These beings can rarely resurrect Humans. A noteable one, The One Who Waits/Helena, guides the survivor through The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration to Extinction. With Element prolonging the ARK's time in orbit, this caused the Homo Deus to lose themselves. Helena is the last Homo Deus whose mind hasn't crumbled yet. While being all powerful and all-knowing, Homo Deus have other abilities:
- Being able to see the entire universe behind what Helena describes to be a pane of glass
- Can see millions upon millions of images in the highest detail possible.
- Overall, their ability to see so much at the same time helped those who built the ARKs.
- Have power that tends to the ARKs in which all of them share to balance all of them.
Proto-ARKs[edit | edit source]
Proto-ARKs can be found on Extinction and are prototype ARKs. Unlike the environments that were sent up into space, Human and Creatures can freely enter and leave the Proto-ARKs. When entering or leaving, a de-materialization effect will occur. They also have a prototype obelisk in their center that powers the ARK.
3 Proto-ARKs can be found throughout Extinction, two of which are operational:
The Crater Forest was a failed experiment. This underground forest was formerly an operational, forest-themed Proto-ARK but sunk into the ground. It seems to have no borders. This implies that the ARKs needed a boxed in area.
The Desert Dome was an experiment that had improvements since the ARK now has a metal ring, a circular area, but had a massive hole and some ARK structures being exposed. This might imply that the ARKs needed solid ground that has very few cave systems underneath it.
The Snow Dome was an experiment that might be the foundation of all the ARKs since it has no exposed structures, few cave systems, and holes. Now all that is left for building the ARKs is making the barrier far sturdier so survivors can't exit, more, larger obelisks to power the ARK, a wider area for the ARK and systems that can carve, and move the chunk of land up and safely down orbit.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "ARK" is a reference to Noah's Ark, a vessel that preserves life, according to theologists.
- On the island after you defeat the last boss you enter Ascension and during the cut-scene you can see many arks while traveling ultimately reaching Scorched Earth
- According to HLNA, the ARKs were one of the many solutions of escape from the Element corruption and war. It is was the main option humans chose to escape while the other solutions were the Genesis Program and Homo Deus.
- This is similar to the Forerunners of the Halo series because they also had many solutions such as the famous halo rings, and many other solutions such as turning organisms to digital robots and creating shield worlds, planets that have an exterior shell. The Halo rings were the most agreeable option for the Forerunners to save life. All of the solutions were to stop the Flood of the Halo series.
References[edit | edit source]