|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This page may contain spoiler related to the background-story of ARK: Survival Evolved.|
If you want to experience the story ingame, you probably shouldn't continue reading on this page.
ARKs are space stations posing as artificial, self-sustainable environments in ARK: Survival Evolved.
Maps[edit | edit source]
Currently, there are 6 official ARKs, 3 of which are canon and 3 of which are non-canon:
- The Island, an island ARK.
- Scorched Earth, a barren desert ARK.
- Aberration, a malfunctioned, subterranean ARK.
- The Center, a region-divided island ARK.
- Ragnarok, a giant island ARK.
- Valguero, an expansive land-locked ARK.
Lore[edit | edit source]
ARKs are space stations intended to house living organisms such as Humans, Creatures, and Plants. These ARKs were sent up prior to a global-level extinction event in which Element wiped out the Humans.
When a certain signal is given from the Earth through a strange Tek machine via a Specimen Implant, this causes all ARK to slowly descend onto earth, forming a giant seed that blooms over the Earth's wasteland, turning it into a blooming environment that once was before the global-level extinction event, and eventually rid the raw, corrupt Element that had overgrown over it.
Homo Deus[edit | edit source]
Homo Deus are beings created to watch over the ARKs. These beings can rarely resurrect Humans. A noteable one, The One Who Waits, guides the survivor through The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration to Extinction.
Proto-ARKs[edit | edit source]
Proto-ARKs can be found on Extinction and are prototype ARKs. Unlike the environments that were sent up into space, Humans and Creatures can freely enter and leave the Proto-ARKs. When entering or leaving, a de-materialization effect will occur.
3 Proto-ARKs can be found throughout Extinction, two of which are operational:
The Crater Forest was a failed experiment. This underground forest was formerly an operational, forest-themed Proto-ARK but sunk into the ground.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "ARK" is a reference to Noah's Ark, a vessel that preserves life, according to theologists.
- On the island after you defeat the last boss you enter Ascension and during the cut-scene you can see many arks while traveling ultimately reaching Scorched Earth
References[edit | edit source]