ARK Survival Evolved Wiki
See the latest Patch Notes, or check below.
As a man or woman stranded, naked, freezing, and starving on the unforgiving shores of a mysterious island called ARK, use your skill and cunning to kill or tame and ride the plethora of leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land. Hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements and store valuables, all while teaming up with (or preying upon) hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!The game is currently in 'Early Access' on Steam, the Xbox Live Marketplace, and PlayStation 4 with continually new updates in the open-world dinosaur survival game. It will release on all platforms on August 29th, 2017!
- Food, Water, Temperature & Weather
- Harvest, Build Structures, Paint Items, Dinos and Yourself
- Plant, Farm & Grow
- Tame And Benefit From Numerous Creatures
- Learn to Craft more Items with Engrams
- RP Oriented Custom Cooking System!
- Collect Precious Artifacts In Dangerous Caves
- Summon The Ultimate Life Forms
- Advanced Tribe System
- Hardcore Game Mechanics
- Explore And Discover
- Large-World Persistence And Meta-Universe
- Robust Steam Workshop Mod Support and dedicated DevKit
- High-End Next-Gen Visuals
- Host your own Dedicated Server.
- Explorer Notes
Survival of the Fittest is ARK's Multiplayer Online Survival Arena (MOSA) available on Steam. It comes bundled with the base game.
Tournament History: SotF Tournaments
Current Version: 178.1
Released - September 23, 2016
- Reduced Bronto damage by 50%
- Doubled Ring of Death collapse size on Official 2v2 and 4v4 (to 11000 radius)
PC and Linux
Released - August 22, 2017
- Ragnarok map fixes: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/233157-ragnarok-patch-notes/ - Please note that this update is not backwards compatible, so it is very important that Unofficial Servers update to the latest version: 265.284
- Fixed dinos appearing to fall through ceilings on the client. It may take a minute or so for the server to correct the creatures.
- Fixed buffer overflow error occurring when logging into very dense bases.
- Fixed certain values being edited that allowed unintended visual changes to be made to the ini files.
- Review and changes made to graphical presets.
- Fixed an issue where players would fall through ceilings when logged out on top of them.
- Fixed issue where binding "E" to middle mouse button wouldn't function properly.
- Fixed eggs falling through structures (for real this time).
- Fixed rex saddle positioning in dye UI screen.
- Fixed Industrial Cooker and Beer Barrel from accepting fertilizer due to crop plot change.
- Fixed a visual issue where the Megalosaurus would appear to be sleeping instead of unconscious.
- Added swing delay to the Electric Prod.
- Fixed issue where canvases were not able to be placed on the Refrigerator.
- Fixed a visual issue where the player in inventory would appear as a silhouette.
- Improved collision on large hatchframe.
- Allowed the dye UI to stay open after jumping to paint.
Last major release: 265.0
Server side: Released - August 11, 2017
- Fixed a case where some Player Dedicated servers would crash on launch or shortly thereafter.
- Various perf improvements+fixes
- In building placement mode, Reload Key (X) is switched to Accept Placement of a structure, (A) to jump while placing structure, (RB) to cycle snap points, (will indicate in Options menu in future version).
- Fixed an issue where audio would randomly crackle
- Fixed players not able to unlock the Artifact Achievement
- Fixed an ascension crash related to split-screen
- PC Equivalent of v259