Castle of the Swamp (Ragnarok)
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This article is about a creature, item, or feature exclusive to the DLC: Ragnarok|
Castle of the Swamp, or The Haunted Castle is a dilapidated castle in the middle of Ragnarok.
Overview[edit | edit source]
In the basement there is a flooded passage to the Carnivorous Caverns (at 21.2, 40.4). The castle is a very dangerous area for low-level and even mid-level players. The castle has huge swarms of Araneos, Onycs, and Pulminoscorpious, reaching up to level 500. It's recommended to bring shotguns and Flak armor when exploring the castle. Below the castle is a small swamp. The swamp is home to Sarcos, Dimetrodons, Leeches, and other creatures. Even Baryoynx can be found in the swamp. Can be a good spot for building a base, if you have the right preparations.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Onyc and Araneos have higher levels than the server max wild dino is set at.
- These creatures are untameable.
- If you wish to build here, keep in mind 6x cave damage will be applied.
- The best way to build a base here is to place multiple thatch foundations on each floor and on the pillars surrounding the castle, preventing all future dino spawns.
- The swamp is home to a surprising number of Kaprosuchus, so exploring here on foot is not advised.
- The Allosaurus pack may spawn in a small patch of grass within the walls of the castle, making them unable to move and thus easy to pick off.
- You can place a well in the castle garden if you want to grow veggies.
- You don't have to go into the basement when you first move into the castle. It's completely optional and easily ignorable until you are ready.
- If your character have a good sword you don't need a metal shield, just bring along a wooden shield and rush the spiders to block their webs.
- The basement is dark and if you wish to clear it out, it is recommended to use a weapon with a flashlight attachment.
- You can lock off the upper floors with behemoth gates, but the main floor requires a reinforced gate.
- You have to repair the bridge yourself, but it will require you jumping from one section to another.
- If you are afraid of a raid place behemoths on the bridge and hide C4 underneath the different self-built segments. The gates will make it harder to get through and prevent raiders from constructing their own bridge.
- Place turrets or plants on the upper floors to prevent flyers.