Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|A large bin for converting thatch and dung into high-quality fertilizer.|
cheat giveitemnum 126 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_CompostBin.PrimalItemStructure_CompostBin'" 1 0 0
|Found in Supply Crate||Green|
|Required level||Level 15|
|Engram Points||6 EP|
|Crafting XP||12 XP|
|Used to craft||1 item|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
To begin the process, open the Compost Bin's Inventory screen. Add 50 pieces of Thatch along with 3 pieces of Feces of any size. After sitting in the Compost Bin for about 1 1/2 in-game days or roughly 50 minutes, the items will be removed and replaced with Fertilizer.
Converting Feces to Fertilizer will always result in more fertilization than the three Feces would have granted combined, except when using Massive Animal Feces. Because any three Feces produces the same amount of Fertilizer, it is ideal to use smaller Feces in the Compost Bin to produce Fertilizer while using larger Feces directly in Crop Plot.
|Fertilizer type||Fertilizer units||Fertilizes for||Fertilizes full* plant for|
|Human Feces||1,000||10m||3h 5m|
|Small Animal Feces||3,500||35m||10h 48m|
|Medium Animal Feces||7,500||1h 15m||23h 8m|
|Unicorn Residue||7,500||1h 15m||23h 8m|
|Large Animal Feces||15,000||2h 30m||1d 22h 15m|
|Massive Animal Feces||35,000||5h 50m||4d 11h 55m|
|Snow Owl Pellet||50,000||8h 20m||6d 10h 10m|
|Fertilizer||54,000||9h||6d 22h 30m|
|Bonemeal Fertilizer||90,000||15h||11d 13h 30m|
* When a plant has its maximum of fruits, it needs less fertilizer. As the fruits spoil after some time, leaving the plant in a non-full state for some time, these numbers are rather theoretical maximums.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Removing the minimum required amount of items from the Compost Bin before they've converted will reset the 'cooking' timer.
- The size and source of the feces used do not matter, and mixing the feces will not change the result. 3 × Human Feces will produce the same fertilizer as 3 × Large Animal Feces.
- The Compost Bin has 8 inventory slots, which allows for a total of 2 × Fertilizer to be made with the current 3 × Feces : 50 × Thatch ratio. However, the Fertilizers are not made simultaneously and are instead made sequentially. This means that Compost Bin will only produce 1 × Fertilizer at a time.
- With the Massive Animal Feces, up to a total of 5 Fertilizer can be made with 1 × Massive Animal Feces : 50 × Thatch ratio.
- Feces placed in the Compost Bin will have their spoil time multiplied by 10, just as they do when placed on creatures.
- Another way of getting Fertilizer is to tame a Dung Beetle that will automatically create Fertilizer when having Feces in their inventory. It will also create Oil as a byproduct. This is more effective than using the Compost Bin.
- On Aberration, the 'hallucinating' effect caused by poisonous red mushrooms makes the player defecate repeatedly, rapidly generating enough Feces for multiple units of Fertilizer.
- The Compost Bin is treated as a thatch structure and can be damaged by anything except non-explosive ranged attacks.
Painting and Color Regions[edit | edit source]
The Compost Bin is not currently paint-able, however this object may be re-mapped to include paint regions in a future update.
Gallery[edit | edit source]