Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
User talk:Mr Pie 5
- 1 Adding comments to Wiki code
- 2 'Notice' or 'Alert' template?
- 3 Ads and maps...
- 4 Mind helping if you can?
- 5 About translation for other languages
- 6 Templates
- 7 Failed Tribe Page
- 8 Changed my edit
- 9 New color ID's and Hex codes
- 10 Crossout wiki project
- 11 Navboxes and tabbers
- 12 Dedicated or non-dedicated server??
- 13 png
- 14 In Ark Survival Evolved, it there such a thing as Type as in Type Container?
- 15 I want to translate
- 16 french wiki for Outlaws of the old west :)
- 17 hello
- 18 Ark mobile dungeons
This Notice Is Important and You Should Read it Before Posting
Wiki editors are not game developers or server admins. We can not help you with in-game issues. If you have a problem that requires developer interference, you should submit a support ticket (click here). Every time someone asks me for help with an issue that isn't wiki-related, I feed a baby Jerboa to my Megalodons, and then I provide a copy-pasted response.
Also, please remember to add ~~~~ to the end of your post and it will automatically sign it. This makes it a lot easier to keep things organized.
Adding comments to Wiki code[edit source]
- For most pages you can use html comments, which start with
<!--and end with
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 20:48, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
'Notice' or 'Alert' template?[edit source]
Is there a template I could use that would tell readers about important external information related to the page? I'm planning to add a note to the top of theStructures Plus page informing people that Wildcard trying to integrate its features with the vanilla game. A perfect example would be the alert about people posting about ingame issues at the top of your page.220.127.116.11 16:09, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
Ads and maps...[edit source]
Some of the map pages have ads that block the right side of the map, normally this wouldn't be an issue but the maps now are starting to get bigger and take up more of the box, ads constantly block the right side of the map and it hides information from anonymous and non-pro accounts. An example can be found here. I've also noticed that some maps do not have this issue... Regardless, is it possible for these ads to be removed for these kinds of pages? 18.104.22.168 13:45, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
- We can't remove the ads, but I can make the maps more responsive so that it's not an issue. I'll take a look at it.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 22:10, 25 January 2019 (UTC)
- I made a few changes so that there should no longer be overlap when the siderail is present. Please let me know if there are any additional problems.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 22:52, 25 January 2019 (UTC)
- I made a few changes so that there should no longer be overlap when the siderail is present. Please let me know if there are any additional problems.
Mind helping if you can?[edit source]
About translation for other languages[edit source]
I noticed the link of submitting the translation voluntarily on the title Help translate ark into your language, but when I clicked into the link, it showed "Project does not exist or access to this project is limited." I want to support my translation and I wander why the project has been deleted. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Koan317 (talk • contribs) at 2:03, 13 February 2019 (UTC). Please sign your posts with
Hi Mr. Pie 5,
I know I edited some pages so I can understand it myself. Can you please explain me about the templates used in a page (e.g. The templates used in Iron Ingot (https://satisfactory.gamepedia.com/Iron_Ingot") If you have ideas/keen knowledge about that. I wish you'd help me. Thank you :)
- Hey Sparrow, you've been added to the wiki channel in the Satisfactory Discord server. It will be easier to chat there.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 21:59, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
Failed Tribe Page[edit source]
- I would recommend using the provided preload that comes with creating a tribe through the prompts on either of the tribe directories. In addition to applying proper categories and making your page look less like spam, they also provide some examples of formatting that can help you make your tribe page look better. What you tried to post is a single line of all the info, which both looks like spam to the filters and looks bad to people. Here is a copy of your text, if you didn't save it locally.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 02:46, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
Changed my edit[edit source]
Why did you change my edit on Bloodhounds gender when I changed it to what game devs has said and told us?
Is a voice actors word worth more than an employee at Respawn?
Your explanation to changing it was because it apparently was a controversial matter... how? How is it controversial if it is factual? Their gender is unknown or possibly non-binary (At least for the current moment.)
The entire thing begun with someone editing this once and now this page is spreading misinformation and a rooted opinion in the entire community and maybe it is true but we don’t know as of now. It’s a very bold statement of Allegra and it is kind of contradicting to what is stated by game developers. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Alsiloute Gaming (talk • contribs) at 14:51, 21 February 2019 (UTC). Please sign your posts with
- I have responded to this on your other post on the page in question: https://apexlegends.gamepedia.com/Talk:Bloodhound#Non-binary.2FNon-specified. This conversation will continue there.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 21:13, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
New color ID's and Hex codes[edit source]
Thanks to Lethal and his mod we have managed to determine the new color Ids and values
I was hoping we could update the color ID page of the wiki with the new values. He has already put them into a list form on his mods google docs page.
We have done extensive testing in both single player and multiplayer and determined the ID values list work with admin commands and are in fact the new colors.
Crossout wiki project[edit source]
I've been looking up wiki's for the games I play and I was sorely disappointed when I came across the Crossout Wiki. It looks like it could use some help and I'm planning on helping out a bit up there, but I've run into a... design issue. I'm trying to make a Navbox for the weapons and, currently, it looks like a big mess, you think you could look around in their parameters to see if its possible to make a visual version? I'm basing it off the navbox we have for creatures, I plan to also have the option to switch it to the text version, just like the creature one, but I have no idea how to go about it. Could you enlighten me on that as well? 22.214.171.124 16:30, 14 March 2019 (UTC)
- The manager for that wiki is SurafBrov, so they can help you out if you want to start overhauling stuff over there. I've let them know you're coming, and about your account situation.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 21:09, 14 March 2019 (UTC)
- When I first requested assistance, I had ~50% of it done with the original formatting, but now that you changed the formatting to replicate the ark wiki, i'm not actually sure how to transfer what I had before. If you want, I can paste a small section of it here so you could look over it. 126.96.36.199 12:53, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- So I managed to figure out how to transfer the data I have while keeping the same sorting method I used... or it works in theory anyway, I'll let you know if something goes wrong. 188.8.131.52 15:02, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
Is it possible to combine both of these? It would actually be beneficial to not just my (current) project on the Crossout Wiki, but also for the creature table here! Imagine being able to see the creatures that appear on a map in just a single click! But I'm getting off topic; does the formatting allow it currently, or would it require a few reworks? 184.108.40.206 16:51, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, they can be combined but will need some CSS to actually look good. I don't think converting the creature nav dropdown menus into tabs would be beneficial, because then the dropdowns couldn't be combined without an ungodly amount of tabs and duplicated data. Talk to Suraf if you want some help setting something like that up for Crossout though.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 21:45, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
Dedicated or non-dedicated server??[edit source]
My dad just got an online pass and now plays ARK. We have played split screen tho on single player mode. But now we want to have a server together that we can both get to play online with out NEEDING the other player there...i have my xbox and he has his. Do we use a dedicated server for this? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) at 00:01, 12 May 2019 (UTC). Please sign your posts with
- Yes. Either that or set up a third xbox to host a non-dedicated on as needed.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 00:25, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- I don't have that arcana in my collection. Do you know what the correct icon is?
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 23:23, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
In Ark Survival Evolved, it there such a thing as Type as in Type Container?[edit source]
I went on the Structure Table page. I saw a few columns there, wanted to add one and boi was I in for a treat. So I didn't, I do not know how. Still, I did make it a spreadsheet and commited to create a Structure "Category" column to apply a new filter, on my side, to the list. Then I noticed the Structure "Type" on many (not all) of the Wiki pages and noticed that the Types in the Wiki are not uniform then started to create discussion pages... to kinda make it uniform so, when one clicks on a Type under an Infobox Structure i.e.: Vehicule; all the Type Vehicule will be neatly alphabetically displayed akin Type Vehicule. Then I had holes in my "Category" column and I started to verify. I then noticed a little bit of chaos. To make a long story short, in my sheet, I ended up with very few Categories (I renamed it to Type, I like it much better) but there is quite a lot of them in the Ark Wiki and many make no sense or very little. I have Building, Comms, Container, Crafting, Decor, Furniture, Illumination, Transport, Util - Energy, Util - Water and Wpn Sys. I rejected 4 "Structures" out of the 510 in my Spreadsheet: Birthday Cake, Bunny Egg, Dinosaur Bone and Wreath. I'm now planning to visit them all to "see" if all Wiki Structures Type are set and if they match my own spreadsheet (the reason for me wanting to add the Type column in the https://ark.gamepedia.com/Structures table page, in my second phrase, up here)
Should I "be bold" or create a discussion page for all "suggested" modifications? My boldness fells very itchy. But I'd rather discuss my "ideas" here, with you, first to achieve a Satisfactory outcome pleasing to most if not all.
I also found a few inconsistencies in the organization i.e.: (/Structures) Item Type Structure Item Tek Teleporter (once clicked on the link...) is a Structure of Type Structure. Please help me make sense of this at https://ark.gamepedia.com/Talk:Tek_Teleporter
I have a many edits of the sort in store to tie all this boat (boat, Ark... he he) quite thight. I plan to get all Items and inspect them one by one, like a good little beer drinking Bot, but I'm all out of beer. PandemoniumMeltDown (talk) 10:58, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
- To answer your original issue, the structure table could be modified such that at includes type, pulled from infoboxes. It might look intimidating but would actually be pretty easy to add. Which leads to your next issue, that the infoboxes are not using consistent or useful nomenclature of types, and you have created a sheet that does, yes? I like the idea of making a more uniform use of that field, and if you share that sheet and we like it, I could even send my bot to make the actual changes to save the time of doing it manually. It might be easier to discuss this further in Discord, where more of our community and admins are active, if that's not inconvenient for you.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 01:12, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
I want to translate[edit source]
- Cool. You can get started on that at your leisure by creating new copies of pages suffixed with
/ja(for example, Longrass would be Longrass/ja) and adding
[[Category:JA translation]]at the bottom, then translating the content as you see fit. You can find additional documentation on the process on the help wiki, and let me know if you need any help.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 20:02, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
- Error:Your edit has been flagged as potential vandalism by the automated language filter and has been prevented. If you believe this to be in error, please contact an admin so they can recover your edit and improve the filter. You do not need to provide the content of your edit in your report, and you will probably trigger the filter if you try - an admin can find the content in the logs. Num9852453 (talk) 03:15, 13 July 2019 (UTC)
french wiki for Outlaws of the old west :)[edit source]
Hi Mr Pie 5 :)
And first, thank you for all your work on wiki for game Outlaws of the old west. I should like to help french gamers who feels more comfortable to read wiki in french. So is it possible to have access to a database with all pictures and texts in english, and, with time, to write all in french, and when all is done, to put online a french version of wiki?
I am myself a weak webmaster with CMS phpbb3 and Joomla )))
See you soon for your answer.
- Hey, thanks for your interest in translations. There's not really a database in the sense that I think you're looking for, just the wiki as you see it. You can translate into French at your leisure by creating new copies of pages suffixed with
/frand adding them to
[[Category:FR translation]], then copying and translating the content of the English page as you see fit. If you don't know how to create new pages, you can search for the desired title in the search box and you'll be prompted to create the page if it doesn't exist, or you can use the input box on the community portal.
- For example, say you wanted to translate the Fishing page, you'd create Fishing/fr and add
[[Category:FR translation]]to the bottom of the page. After the main page and pages linked from it are translated, and if there's sufficient interest and someone willing to administrate, we can look into creating a dedicated French wiki. For additional information, you can take a look at the help wiki page. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 20:18, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
hi wiki admin i know that my question is terrable but how can i use an admin command in a single player?,thank you — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) at 04:29, 20 July 2019. Please sign your posts with
- I haven't done singleplayer cheats in a while. If your question is how to open the console, there are instructions for all platforms in the first sentence of Console_Commands#Usage. If your commands aren't working, try the command
enablecheats, although I don't think that it's necessary, and the page also says it's not, but couldn't hurt to try.
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 08:36, 23 July 2019 (UTC)
Ark mobile dungeons[edit source]
Hi Do all dungeons have spiders inside them